Windows 10: Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver Advisory - Feb. 12

Discus and support Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver Advisory - Feb. 12 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00200 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege Severity rating: MEDIUM Original release:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver Advisory - Feb. 12

Source: INTEL-SA-00200

:)

Brink, Feb 13, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller waking computer from sleep

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

Follow the Methods below.

Method 1: Run power troubleshooter.

a. Press Windows +R key on the keyboard.

b. Type troubleshooting in the pop-up box and press Enter.

c. Click System and Security on left panel.

d. Click Power, new window will popup.

e. Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2: update Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver from this link.

Downloads for Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver

Method 3: Compatibility mode

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Intel (R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft), Intel (R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)

Hi Graeme.P,

I've already done that and it does not work.

The problem is, Microsoft's driver has overriden Intel's USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller driver and this is the one causing the issue.

Uninstalling either the Intel Bluetooth Driver or Intel (R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft), will only make WIndows 10 reinstall back the latest drivers.

And if I remove or disable the Intel (R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft), I would lose not only bluetooth, but all USB and LAN or Wireless Lan connection too.

Regards,

Shafie

SharkyPrime, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensive Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft) driver issue

Hi Gabriel,

It is possible that the updates that were installed on your computer impacted the device. Please answer some things so we can determine how we can assist you regarding the problem:

• What updates were installed on your computer?
    • Does the camera work when opening other programs that use your camera on the computer?

We suggest you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter while the Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller is enabled. To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshooting then press Enter.
    • On the left panel, click on View all.
    • Choose Hardware and Devices and allow the troubleshooter to run.

Let us know if it finds anything so we can help you further if needed.

Regards.

Ruz San, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver Advisory - Feb. 12 - Similar Threads - Intel USB eXtensible

2. Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver Not Working: I have issue with my laptop, I assume that after so many failed attempts of Windows Security Cumulative Updates for Windows 10 21H2, it wrecks havoc with my USB 3.0 ports. Suddenly they are not accessible though they have powerWhen I checked my Device Manager, the Intel USB...
  3. Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver Not Working: I have issue with my laptop, I assume that after so many failed attempts of Windows Security Cumulative Updates for Windows 10 21H2, it wrecks havoc with my USB 3.0 ports. Suddenly they are not accessible though they have powerWhen I checked my Device Manager, the Intel USB...
  4. Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller driver: I currently have the following USB driver installed on my Lenovo ThinkPad T430 running Windows 10: Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 Microsoft version 10.0.19041.1566I want to install version 10.0.19041.488.I would be grateful to know where to download this...
  6. Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller driver: I currently have the following USB driver installed on my Lenovo ThinkPad T430 running Windows 10: Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 Microsoft version 10.0.19041.1566I want to install version 10.0.19041.488.I would be grateful to know where to download this...
  7. Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller driver

8. Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver: My Lenovo G510 has 2 USB-3 ports. Updated windows 10 have changed USB Controller driver to 1.0 (Microsoft) resulting my USB 3 speed is not more than USB2. My device is Intel (R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller (C220/C610) and windows does not allow to change driver even...
  9. Intel PROSet Wireless Driver Denial of Service Advisory - Feb. 12

in Windows 10 News
    Intel PROSet Wireless Driver Denial of Service Advisory - Feb. 12: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00169 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Denial of Service Severity rating: LOW Original release: 02/12/2019 Last revised: 02/12/2019 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in Intel® PROSet Wireless Driver may allow denial of...
  10. Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller driver

Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller driver: Hello to everyone, So, before some time I had Win 8 and everything was fine. After a while I have had installed fresh Win 8.1 system. After that I tried and tried to make USB 3.0 in function but not successful. Trying everything, reinstalling, looking from ASUS website for...