Windows 10: Intel VT-x Enable?

Discus and support Intel VT-x Enable? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I need to enable Intel VT-x in order to run VMWare on my laptop. I cannot find where to enable it in my BIOS and I was wondering if there is any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by hieurock, Dec 21, 2015.

1. hieurock Win User

Intel VT-x Enable?

I need to enable Intel VT-x in order to run VMWare on my laptop. I cannot find where to enable it in my BIOS and I was wondering if there is any alternate way I can turn it on. I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad W540 and it is running on Windows 10.
    Intel VT-x Enable? [​IMG]

:)

hieurock, Dec 21, 2015
  2. Gianni1962, Dec 21, 2015
  3. How to use VMware Workstation in Windows 10 Home Edition?

Preferred mode unavailable. Using binary translation instead.

This host supports Intel VT-x, but Intel VT-x is disabled.

Intel VT-x might be disabled if it has been disabled in the BIOS/firmware settings or the host has not been power-cycled since changing this setting.

(1) Verify that the BIOS/firmware settings enable Intel VT-x and disable 'trusted execution.'

(2) Power-cycle the host if either of these BIOS/firmware settings have been changed.

(3) Power-cycle the host if you have not done so since installing VMware Workstation.

(4) Update the host's BIOS/firmware to the latest version.

mostafa saleh, Dec 21, 2015
  4. Superfly Win User

Intel VT-x Enable?

It's under Config - > CPU

After enabling you must do a full shutdown and and VMWare will align itself on start.

Superfly, Dec 21, 2015
  5. hieurock Win User
    I am unable to find anything with Intel Virtual Technology anywhere in the BIOS. I guess the only step is to update my BIOS, but I heard that is very risky. Is there any other way to enable Intel VT-x?

I have access to my graphics settings but I don't know if that will help.
    Intel VT-x Enable? [​IMG]

hieurock, Dec 22, 2015
  6. Superfly Win User
    Nope GPU settings are not it - it is a microprocessor feature - from this link it appears not all W540 CPU's support VT-x.
    In which case a bios update will not help either.

Superfly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Intel VT-x Enable?

1. Intel VT-x Enable? - Similar Threads - Intel Enable

2. Why does intel driver and support assistants still run at startup when it's not enabled in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does intel driver and support assistants still run at startup when it's not enabled in...: Why does intel driver and support assistants still run at startup when it's not enabled in task manager? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-intel-driver-and-support-assistants-still/56764467-998a-42e8-bcbb-278da45b769b
  3. Why does intel driver and support assistants still run at startup when it's not enabled in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does intel driver and support assistants still run at startup when it's not enabled in...: Why does intel driver and support assistants still run at startup when it's not enabled in task manager? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-intel-driver-and-support-assistants-still/56764467-998a-42e8-bcbb-278da45b769b
  4. Intel ".dll" files certificates are expired. It is detected while LSA Protection is enabled.

Intel ".dll" files certificates are expired. It is detected while LSA Protection is enabled.: Intel Drivers' Certificates are expired in Windows 11. Intel needs to update their drivers ".dll" files' certificates and distribute via updates. It is causing conflict with Windows 11 LSA Protection. This is recognized while scanning with Windows 11 built-in File Signature...
  5. Intel ".dll" files certificates are expired. It is detected while LSA Protection is enabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel ".dll" files certificates are expired. It is detected while LSA Protection is enabled.: Intel Drivers' Certificates are expired in Windows 11. Intel needs to update their drivers ".dll" files' certificates and distribute via updates. It is causing conflict with Windows 11 LSA Protection. This is recognized while scanning with Windows 11 built-in File Signature...
  6. How to enable intel trusted execution technology and total memory encryption?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable intel trusted execution technology and total memory encryption?: How to enable intel trusted execution technology and total memory encryption?I search SGX deprecated in later version But dragon canyon has intel trusted execution technology , does it mean software MS office automatically protected in dragon canyon?...
  7. How to enable intel trusted execution technology and total memory encryption?

How to enable intel trusted execution technology and total memory encryption?: How to enable intel trusted execution technology and total memory encryption?I search SGX deprecated in later version But dragon canyon has intel trusted execution technology , does it mean software MS office automatically protected in dragon canyon?...
  8. How to enable intel trusted execution technology and total memory encryption?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to enable intel trusted execution technology and total memory encryption?: How to enable intel trusted execution technology and total memory encryption? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-intel-trusted-execution-technology/faa01824-035c-47e8-a030-9e7230ee343b
  9. Intel Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not seem enabled in OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not seem enabled in OS: I want to play android games on Bluestacks 5 app, I Installed and opened It, It says "Incompatible Windows Settings". I tried to make everything but nothing worked for me. After that, I installed and opened LD Player, It says "VT-x Disabled" and a program too says that. I...
  10. Intel Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not seem enabled in OS

Intel Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not seem enabled in OS: I want to play android games on Bluestacks 5 app, I Installed and opened It, It says "Incompatible Windows Settings". I tried to make everything but nothing worked for me. After that, I installed and opened LD Player, It says "VT-x Disabled" and a program too says that. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows sleep enables intel gpu