Windows 10: Intel Wifi 6e ax211 and creating a virtual switch in Hyper-v

Discus and support Intel Wifi 6e ax211 and creating a virtual switch in Hyper-v in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an MSI GE68 HX 13VF laptop with an Intel Wifi 6E AX211 160MHz wifi card on Windows 11 Pro. I just tried to create a virtual switch using my wifi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MitchRapp01, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Intel Wifi 6e ax211 and creating a virtual switch in Hyper-v

I have an MSI GE68 HX 13VF laptop with an Intel Wifi 6E AX211 160MHz wifi card on Windows 11 Pro. I just tried to create a virtual switch using my wifi adapter and I lost my connection to the internet. I've read several things where people with Intel cards have difficulty setting up virtual switches in Hyper-V. I've seen this error in the event log...Failed to get Device VlanID Regkey for Physical NIC /DEVICE/{186DEC34-C4DE-4063-8DC5-B71CE63AC8BC}. vSwitch will be created on this Physical NIC without VlanID being inherited by HostVNic. Status = Object Name not found. Could that explain why I h

:)

MitchRapp01, Feb 22, 2024

2. Intel Wifi 6e ax211 and creating a virtual switch in Hyper-v

I have an MSI GE68 HX 13VF laptop with an Intel Wifi 6E AX211 160MHz wifi card on Windows 11 Pro. I just tried to create a virtual switch using my wifi adapter and I lost my connection to the internet. I've read several things where people with Intel cards have difficulty setting up virtual switches in Hyper-V. I've seen this error in the event log...

Failed to get Device VlanID Regkey for Physical NIC /DEVICE/{186DEC34-C4DE-4063-8DC5-B71CE63AC8BC}. vSwitch will be created on this Physical NIC without VlanID being inherited by HostVNic. Status = Object Name not found.

Could that explain why I have no internet after I create the virtual switch? And I can't find them now but while I was without internet I saw events that mentioned tcp/ip settings. When I had the vSwitch created and I had no internet and I ran the command ipconfig /all, My wifi adapter wasn't even listed as it was part of the bridge. I just don't understand why I lose internet connectivity when I create a virtual switch in Hyper-v. Anyone can explain?

MitchRapp01, Feb 23, 2024
  3. cereberus Win User
    Hyper-V Virtual Switch

Have you followed steps exactly as is this tutorial?

Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

cereberus, Feb 23, 2024
  4. Intel Wifi 6e ax211 and creating a virtual switch in Hyper-v

Windows 10 x64 v1809 - Hyper-V Virtual Switch Manager Unable to Create Default Switch

After upgrading to v1809 from v1803, I turned Hyper-V feature Off then On.

Since the upgrade, the Default Switch no longer exists and the Virtual Switch Manager is unable to crate it automatically as it would normally. I can see the Default Switch appear for a few seconds in the Network Adapters, then its gone. This happens
    several time whenever I launch the Virtual Switch Manager.

I can create other virtual switches.

Once the Virtual Switch Manager lists the Default Switch with a Load Failed message.

I have used netcfg -d command to delete all adapters and Turned Hyper-V feature Off/On several times with no success.

Suggestions welcome. Intel Wifi 6e ax211 and creating a virtual switch in Hyper-v :) Thanks

JamesR_631, Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

Intel Wifi 6e ax211 and creating a virtual switch in Hyper-v

1. Intel Wifi 6e ax211 and creating a virtual switch in Hyper-v - Similar Threads - Intel Wifi ax211

2. Hyper-V virtual switch not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V virtual switch not working: The following issue is about Hyper-V when creating a home lab.Am trying to troubleshoot why my client VMs are unable to ping each other while using the "internal switch" option despite having been assigned static IPs within the same subnet. The internal switch virtual network...
  3. Intel Wifi 6e ax211 and creating a virtual switch in Hyper-v

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Wifi 6e ax211 and creating a virtual switch in Hyper-v: I have an MSI GE68 HX 13VF laptop with an Intel Wifi 6E AX211 160MHz wifi card on Windows 11 Pro. I just tried to create a virtual switch using my wifi adapter and I lost my connection to the internet. I've read several things where people with Intel cards have difficulty...
  4. Hyper-V virtual switches difference?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V virtual switches difference?: I made a new external switch in Hyper-V, and the screenshot below is what I have now: [img] First 3 adapters from screenshot are as follows: 1. Physical realtek adapter 2. Default (non removable) virtual switch 3. vEthernet is the external switch I made BUT, what is...
  5. Can't Create Hyper-V VM and Hyper-V Virtual Switch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Create Hyper-V VM and Hyper-V Virtual Switch: Hello, I have been trying to create a Ubuntu VM using Hyper-V for the past hour, but Windows still can't create one for me. Every time I tried to create it just says "The server encountered an error while creating VM name. 'VM name' failed to realize. Failed to access...
  6. Wifi adapter no longer supported in Hyper-V virtual switch

Wifi adapter no longer supported in Hyper-V virtual switch: I have succesfully used a Hyper-V virtual switch connected to the wireless adapter in my laptop. All my VM's could access my LAN independently, and could get an ip address from the DHCP server. This means, AFAIK, that my wireless adapter can and does opererate in promiscuous...
  7. Virtual network is not created in Hyper-V

Virtual network is not created in Hyper-V: Hi guys, I enabled Hyper-V feature in Windows 10 but unable to create a virtual switch. I tried to create private and internal types of virtual switch but every time the process stuck on "Applying changes". What could be the reason of that? Thank you. 61906
  8. Hyper-V error when creating virtual switch.

Hyper-V error when creating virtual switch.: Hi this is my first post but I am really confused as to an issue with hyper-V Whenever I go to open the virtual switch manager, it says; The operation on computer 'DESKTOP-V1A0142' failed: Generic error. Is there anyway to fix this. I have not yet created any switches...
  9. Hyper-V Virtual Switch

Hyper-V Virtual Switch: I cannot create a Virtual switch when using Hyper-V get this error message: [img] I am using a Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter and running Hyper-V with Admin Privleges. Laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio i7 with 8GB Ram running Windows 10 pro. Thanks...
  10. Hyper-V - Unable to Create External Virtual Switch

Hyper-V - Unable to Create External Virtual Switch: I get the error "bind failed: General access denied error" when I try to create an external virtual switch. [img] I tried running Hyper-V with as admin without success. Kevin 43133