Windows 10: Intel WiFi broken on windows 10.

Discus and support Intel WiFi broken on windows 10. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've got intel dual band ac 7265 A few years back this stopped working after a windiws update and absolutely nothing would fix it. I asked 3 times.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lea-onaOxley, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Intel WiFi broken on windows 10.

I've got intel dual band ac 7265

A few years back this stopped working after a windiws update and absolutely nothing would fix it. I asked 3 times. Uodating drivers didnt work, uninstalling and reinstalling, going back drivers.

So i got a wifi dongle instead and its been working absolutely great until now.

My hdd recently failed and so i put a new hdd in my laptop. Also windows 10.

My wifi is still not working and now the dongle drivers i need to download say they are not compatible with my operating system. Its still windows 10 and its been working for 2-3 years no worries.

When i log onto my laptop the WiFi works for 30seconds. Then it stops and doesn't find any networks. It then disappears from device manager. When i look in hidden its there and says the device is currently not connected to the computer.

Sometimes it will start working again for a few seconds and then go back to not connecting.

Ive tried to download the correct drivers and it still doesnt seem to work at all. When i roll back the driver it shows as connected to my computer again but says there are no installed drivers for it.

Also since putting a different hdd in there my brightness buttons dont change my screen brightness or change my backlight brightness.. The buttons themselves work but not qhen i press fn and the corresponding button and its very picky on when something plugged into the usb ports will work like my mouse. Also the night light option has now gone and i can't find it anywhere...

Before my old hdd stopped working everything was running fine minus the wifi that hadnt worked since the windows update. Im not to sure at all what to do abiut any of this. Its making my laptop useless.

Please if anyone has any suggestions on what to do about the wifi and the night light and my brightness no longer working let me know. I beg for help.

:)

Lea-onaOxley, Feb 23, 2020

2. ASUS X205TA wifi broken with both Windows 10 and Windows 10 Update (upgrade)

Had same issue and was able to SOLVE it, the problem is that the driver supplied with Windows 10 is broken!!!

If you are facing issues after Windows 10 update or upgrade, the I suggest to check this video, that has step by step guide to solve the Broadcom WiFi driver issues - amazingly simple actually-

Hope this helps.

wholesometales, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Bob338 Win User

Intel WiFi broken on windows 10.

Wifi and browser problems with windows 10

I'll tell you how I fixed an identical problem on a ASUS laptop that had run perfectly on Windows 7 and ran well on W10 from January until the Anniversary update in early August. I tried everything I found on this forum and two others. Nothing worked. The last thing someone suggested was disabling the adapter and using a WiFi dongle. Problem continued. Nobody suggested changing the wireless network adapter. I bought and installed an Intel 7260 WiFi card and just used the driver which was downloaded on the reboot after the install. All problems solved!!

I must have wasted two months reading and trying everything. Even the manufacturer support inferred I needed a new machine though they sent me a Windows 8.1 driver to try, with the same result.

I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer to determine if they white list any cards and see if they have suggestions for a compatible card. They may want you to buy another laptop but if the cards aren't white listed, a simple card swap to one compatible with Windows 10 seems to be the answer.

Bob338, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Intel WiFi broken on windows 10.

1. Intel WiFi broken on windows 10. - Similar Threads - Intel WiFi broken

2. Windows 10 Intel WIFI driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Intel WIFI driver: Hi Can someone please help ?I have lost my WIFI on my notebook windows 10, and I have removed the driver that is not working, and try to download the WIFI driver directly from Intel and HP, I have tried to install many times from both intel and HP, none of the driver works, I...
  3. Windows 10 Intel WIFI driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Intel WIFI driver: Hi Can someone please help ?I have lost my WIFI on my notebook windows 10, and I have removed the driver that is not working, and try to download the WIFI driver directly from Intel and HP, I have tried to install many times from both intel and HP, none of the driver works, I...
  4. Windows 10 Intel WIFI driver

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi button broken??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi button broken??: I turn on my laptop and my wifi was not connected, so I go to turn it on through the little pop up where Bluetooth airplane mode and nightlight and all that stuff. Btw its windows 11. I try to turn it on, the wifi lights on but it says not available, so I go to the settings...
  6. Wifi button broken??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi button broken??: I turn on my laptop and my wifi was not connected, so I go to turn it on through the little pop up where Bluetooth airplane mode and nightlight and all that stuff. Btw its windows 11. I try to turn it on, the wifi lights on but it says not available, so I go to the settings...
  7. Wifi not working in windows 10 Intel Wifi 6 AX201 160MHZ

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi not working in windows 10 Intel Wifi 6 AX201 160MHZ: I was watching Youtube and suddenly my Wi-fi stopped working. Now when I click the network option in action center I can see only the Airplane mode. I have tried Restarting the computer.Turning off the Wi-fi router and turning off after 15 minutes.Disabling and enabling the...
  8. wifi suddenly broken

wifi suddenly broken: I used my internet normally and then suddenly I lost connection. Now after restart I have the same situation WiFi is disabled in menu, but in network connection is not connected status. I thought that WiFi card was broken so I changed it and still the same.. I send you some...
  9. WiFi completely broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi completely broken: Now I have no fucking clue what could be causing this, but my fucking WiFi just keeps losing connection and it says "No Internet". This is not an issue on my end, not at fucking all, so don't even suggest it, because on literally any Linux Distro I haven't encountered even a...
  10. Wifi Broken and Power Management Broken.

Wifi Broken and Power Management Broken.: I have a win10 machine here that is getting worse and worse. Now it is off the web permanently, I can't connect at all. It was intermittent and then progressively worse and now totally off. It is supposed to be connecting via wifi3 whatever that means. The third wifi...