Windows 10: Intel Wireless Adapter Randomly Turns Off, Disappears

Discus and support Intel Wireless Adapter Randomly Turns Off, Disappears in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For about a week now, I have had issues with my Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 adapter randomly turning off. Sometimes it will turn back on within... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by spire626, Nov 13, 2018.

1. spire626 Win User

Intel Wireless Adapter Randomly Turns Off, Disappears

For about a week now, I have had issues with my Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 adapter randomly turning off. Sometimes it will turn back on within a minute or two, other times not. When this happens, it disappears from the system when you go thru the Control Panel (Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections). A system reboot will result in the Wireless adapter returning and being enabled.

I tried updating the device driver, but that hasn't solved the problem (it is also worth mentioning that Windows Update/Device Manager could not find the newest driver; I had to go to Intel's website and download the Intel ProSet tool with the driver and install it).

What could be the issue?

:)

spire626, Nov 13, 2018

2. Wireless network adapter disappearing?

Hi, I've had an Asus Q400A for about 4 years now. A few months ago, it started doing this thing where I'll be working online, and suddenly I'll lose wifi connection. Then the wifi bars at the bottom of the screen have a yellow exclamation mark on
    them, and then a few seconds later it turns into the Ethernet sign with a red x on it. My wireless adapter disappears completely. If I go to my device manager, all that is listed under my network adapters is the "Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet
    Controller (NDIS 6.30)." I am missing my "Intell Centrino Wireless-N 2230" wireless network adapter. It's like my computer's wifi is completely disabled, and I am only able to connect to the internet via Ethernet. Sometimes I am able to fix it with the troubleshooter
    before the adapter shuts off completely and disappears, as it always turns yellow with the exclamation mark for a few seconds before disappearing. If I am fast enough I can run the troubleshooter and it will reset the wireless network adapter before it disappears.
    But when this doesn't work or I am too late, not even restarting or shutting down my computer will bring it back. It just kind of comes back on its own after I let my computer sit turned off for a few hours. This is INCREDIBLY annoying, as I am a busy high
    school senior, and most of my school work and internship work is done on my computer. I have tried reinstalling the intell wireless adapter driver, and that did not work. What should I do? Is this a hardware problem? I have an Asus Q400A notebook running Windows
    10. I have also tried turning off the option for the computer to turn off the adapter to save battery and that did not work.

carsond2704, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Mystere Win User
    Wireless adapter disappeared after Windows update

When the button "turns off" the wireless, then the OS doesn't see it anymore... It disappears. Turning it back on makes it appear again.

Mystere, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Intel Wireless Adapter Randomly Turns Off, Disappears

Wireless adapter randomly stops working

Hi Brendan,

As per the description, I suggest that refer to the methods outlined below and check if it helps.

Solution 1: Install the latest updates

Installing the latest updates for your device and Windows can help fix many common connection issues. For Windows devices, here’s how:

Step 1: Go to Start, and select Settings >
    Update & security > Windows Update.

Step 2: Select Check for updates. If updates are available, they will install automatically. You may need to restart your device after the updates have installed.

If installing updates doesn’t help, try Solution 2.

Solution 2: Check your HDMI and USB connections

Make sure both the HDMI end and USB end of the adapter are connected correctly.

• Make sure the HDMI end of the adapter is connected to the HDMI port on your HDTV, monitor, or projector. Use the included HDMI extension cable if needed.
    • Make sure the USB end of the adapter is plugged into a USB power source.
    Notes

• If the HDTV, monitor, or projector you’re connecting to doesn’t have a USB charging port, you can use the USB charging port on a device power supply or any other USB charger.
    • Use a USB extension cord if you need more length for your USB connector.
    • Make sure the electrical outlet you’re using for USB power is working properly. Test it by plugging in something else.
    If you’re still having trouble after checking your connections, try Solution 3.

Solution 3: Update the adapter’s firmware

If you can connect your device to the adapter but what you can see on your device isn’t visible on your second screen, the adapter’s firmware may be out of date.

If your adapter’s firmware is up to date and you still have a problem, try Solution 4.

Solution 4: Restart the adapter

Step 1: Remove the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter from the TV or Monitor.

Step 2: Restart your device.

Step 3: Re-insert the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter into your TV or Monitor.

Step 4: Attempt to display one more time.

NOTE

It is recommended to check for updates on both your device, and Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter after completing Solution 4.

If you still have a problem, try Solution 5.

Solution 5: Reset the adapter

Try resetting the adapter. This is also helpful if you’ve forgotten your password. Here’s how:

Step 1: On the adapter next to the wired connection, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds. The LED light on the adapter will blink.

Step 2: When the message “Ready to connect” appears on your second screen, swipe in from the right edge of your device screen or select
    Action Center in the taskbar.

Step 3: Select Connect, and in the list of displays, select the name of the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter.

If resetting the adapter doesn’t solve the problem, try Solution 6.

Solution 6: Remove the adapter and reconnect

There might be a problem with the connection between your device and the adapter. To fix the issue, try disconnecting the adapter from your device and reconnecting it. Here’s how:

Step 1: Go to Start, and select Settings >
    Devices > Connected devices.

Step 2: Under Projectors, select the name of the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter and select
    Remove device.

Step 3: Select Add a device to connect your device and the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter.

If disconnecting and reconnecting the adapter doesn’t help, try Solution 7.

Solution 7: Allow the adapter to communicate through Windows Firewall

Windows Firewall might be preventing the adapter from connecting to your device. To allow the adapter to communicate through the firewall:

Step 1: Select the search box in the taskbar, enter allow firewall, and in the search results, select
    Allow an app through Windows Firewall.

Step 2: Under Name, find Wireless Display and make sure
    Private and Public are selected. Then, select
    OK

Note: If you can’t select anything in the Allowed apps and features box, you are not logged in as an administrator. Select
    Change Settings, enter your administrator password, and select
    Yes
    . Your administrator password should be the same as the password you used to set up your device. Then, make sure
    Private and Public are selected and select
    OK

If your firewall is set to allow the adapter to communicate but you still can’t connect, try Solution 8.

Solution 9: Reinstall the Intel HD Graphics driver

An issue with the Intel HD Graphics driver on your device might be preventing your device from communicating with the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver. Here’s how:

Step 1: Select the search box in the taskbar, enter Device manager, and in the search results, select
    Device Manager.

Step 2: Select the arrow to the left of Display adapters and press and hold (or right-click) the Intel HD Graphics driver.

Step 3: Select Uninstall.

Step 4: Go to Start, and select Power >
    Restart.

Step 5: After your device restarts, go to Start, and select
    Settings > Devices > Connected devices.

Step 6: Select Add a device to connect your device and the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter.

If you still can’t connect your device to your Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter continue to solution 9.

Solution 9: Uninstall and Reinstall the Device Wi-Fi Driver

Step 1: Select the search box in the taskbar, enter Device manager, and in the search results, select
    Device Manager.

Step 2: Select the arrow to the left of Network adapters and press and hold (or right-click) your device’s network adapter.

Step 3: Select Uninstall.

Step 4: Go to Start, and select Power >
    Restart.

Step 5: After your device restarts, go to Start, and select
    Settings > Devices > Connected devices.

Step 6: Select Add a device to connect your device and the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Intel Wireless Adapter Randomly Turns Off, Disappears

1. Intel Wireless Adapter Randomly Turns Off, Disappears - Similar Threads - Intel Wireless Adapter

2. Intel Wireless Adapter doesn't exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Wireless Adapter doesn't exist: Hello. I recently bought a computer that came with Ubuntu, but I wanted to install Windows so I did it. The problem is that my Intel Wireless Adapter doesn't appear in Devices, which is weird, because with Ubuntu I used WiFi with no problems at all.I tried many solutions but...
  3. Intel Wireless Adapter doesn't exist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Wireless Adapter doesn't exist: Hello. I recently bought a computer that came with Ubuntu, but I wanted to install Windows so I did it. The problem is that my Intel Wireless Adapter doesn't appear in Devices, which is weird, because with Ubuntu I used WiFi with no problems at all.I tried many solutions but...
  4. Intel Wireless Bluetooth Adapter Appear and Disappear Every 2 secs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Wireless Bluetooth Adapter Appear and Disappear Every 2 secs: Hi there,My Bluetooth adapter appears and reappears on the device manager every 2 secs and make the sound of a new device has been found by windows during the same period too.Steps that I have done to rectify it.1. Uninstalled the drivers and installed with the latest version...
  5. Wireless adapter just disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless adapter just disappeared: Hello, I've tried all known troubleshoots that I could find on the internet about dealing with a code 45 wireless adapter error but haven't got any luck. At the last attempt of uninstalling and restarting my machine, the wireless adapter vanished from my devices list and...
  6. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows - Turns off after turning on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows - Turns off after turning on: I recently re-installed windows 10 and now my Turtle Beach Stealth 600 no longer works, it worked before the reinstall of the same OS. I have the usb Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows and a few seconds after it turns on it shuts itself off along with the wirelessly paired...
  7. Connect to a wireless display disappeared after upgrading wireless network adapter to Intel...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect to a wireless display disappeared after upgrading wireless network adapter to Intel...: After reading about a dozen articles and compiling all the requirements for Miracast, I finally figured out the settings change required for the Intel AC-9260 wireless adapter. Apparently Miracast requires both the 2.4GHz capability and the 801.11 a,b,g,n capability. In the...
  8. My realtek 802.11n wireless adapter is extremely slow, and randomly turns on and off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My realtek 802.11n wireless adapter is extremely slow, and randomly turns on and off: I have a realtek 802.11n wireless adapter that plugs in through USB. It is overwhelmingly slow, especially compared to other devices in the same location, and it occasionally disconnects itself from my wifi which becomes very troublesome for me. I have tried to restart the...
  9. Network Randomly Disappears, Turns Off, Disables

Network Randomly Disappears, Turns Off, Disables: Hi I am on Windows Pro 10 x64 1903, although I have had this problem for a while. Very randomly, my computer grinds to almost a halt. Network access stops, and then the Network System Tray symbol shows I have no network. I have an on-board Killer E2200 (Mobo:...
  10. Wireless Capability Turns Off Randomely

Wireless Capability Turns Off Randomely: Product: HP ENVY DV7-7333cl Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit) My Notebook Wifi Randomely starts the driver at times and Doesn't start at all in different occasions. sometimes it works properly without any problems but after restart, shutdown or Hibernation It...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ubuntu wifi ac 3165 randomly turns off

2. in my device manager under networks my wireless ac randomly disappears

3. wireless adapter randomly disappear

4. my network adapter keeps disapearing when I stream intell AC 3165