Windows 10: Intel X299 HEDT Platform With Kaby Lake X CPUs To Be Unveiled on 12th

Discus and support Intel X299 HEDT Platform With Kaby Lake X CPUs To Be Unveiled on 12th in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Intel just went into full gear for the launch of their next-generation X299 platform. The new platform will be launched next month and it looks like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 8, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Intel X299 HEDT Platform With Kaby Lake X CPUs To Be Unveiled on 12th

Read more: Intel X299 HEDT Platform Set To Launch at PC Gaming Show 2017

:)

Brink, May 8, 2017
  2. auggy Win User

Weird Windows or Motherboard issue

If you open the readme in the link there is this:

This Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology Release is designed to provide

functionality for the following Storage Controllers (Kaby Lake Platforms):

Kaby Lake Refresh:

- Intel(R) 200 Series (with X299/Z370) Chipset Family SATA AHCI/RAID Controller

- Z370 (w/ Coffee Lake-S)

- Intel(R) 8th Generation Core Processor Family Platform I/O SATA AHCI/RAID Controller

- Base-U (KBL-R)

- Premium-U (KBL-R)

- Premium-Y (KBL-R)

MSI has Intel Optane Memory 15.8.1.1007 available for download for the motherboard but the driver from Intel is more recent (15.9.0.1015).

auggy, May 8, 2017
  3. KritOpas Win User
    Windows freeze and no reponse

Hi BBCar, NickCR1

I'm certain that this problem is caused by using Kaby Lake CPUs and BIOS 7.0.

My Deskmini with a Skylake CPU had been working fine for 8 months. After I upgraded CPU to a Kaby Lake CPU, it started having the same problem you mentioned and both of you use Kaby Lake CPUs

Once I swapped the Kaby lake for the old Skylake, the random freezes were gone.

Too bad no new BIOS since 7.0

KritOpas, May 8, 2017
Thema:

Intel X299 HEDT Platform With Kaby Lake X CPUs To Be Unveiled on 12th

1. Intel X299 HEDT Platform With Kaby Lake X CPUs To Be Unveiled on 12th - Similar Threads - Intel X299 HEDT

2. Intel 7th Gen Kaby Lake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel 7th Gen Kaby Lake: is any update regarding windows upgrade on specified processor? or will it be FOREVER unsupported. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-7th-gen-kaby-lake/39b4c045-8767-436e-a9c6-8487650ea59c
  3. Intel 7th Gen Kaby Lake

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel 7th Gen Kaby Lake: is any update regarding windows upgrade on specified processor? or will it be FOREVER unsupported. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-7th-gen-kaby-lake/39b4c045-8767-436e-a9c6-8487650ea59c
  4. Intel 7th Gen Kaby Lake not supported by Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel 7th Gen Kaby Lake not supported by Windows 11: I have an Intel I7-7700HQ Kaby Lake CPU, and all the minimum system requirements for Windows 11 apart from the CPU are met - as shown in the PC Health Check screenshots.I'm running a 3 year old which at the time was a high spec MSI gaming laptop with upgraded RAM and SSDI...
  5. Intel 7th Gen Kaby Lake not supported by Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel 7th Gen Kaby Lake not supported by Windows 11: I have an Intel I7-7700HQ Kaby Lake CPU, and all the minimum system requirements for Windows 11 apart from the CPU are met - as shown in the PC Health Check screenshots.I'm running a 3 year old which at the time was a high spec MSI gaming laptop with upgraded RAM and SSDI...
  6. Intel Disabling TSX On Certain CPUs, Skylake And Coffee Lake Affected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Disabling TSX On Certain CPUs, Skylake And Coffee Lake Affected: Intel Disabling TSX On Certain CPUs, Skylake And Coffee Lake Affected Intel recently introduced a microcode update to their CPUs earlier this month included in a recent update to it's developer guide. Interestingly, Intel has begun to disable the Transactional...
  7. Intel 12th Gen Core Alder Lake-S platform detailed

in Windows 10 News
    Intel 12th Gen Core Alder Lake-S platform detailed: We have received the first details on Alder Lake-S, the upcoming desktop and mobile platform from Intel. The slides confirm the most important aspects of the new architecture, including desktop and mobile platforms. First and foremost, Intel claims up to 20% single-thread...
  8. Windows 10 and Kaby Lake+

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 and Kaby Lake+: Skylake users given 18 months to upgrade to Windows 10 | Ars Technica Help me understand how this works? I have a 6700k with w7 and w10. How does Microsoft know which CPU one uses with Windows? Would, for example, a W7 computer with a 2600k get updates that mine would...
  9. Intel ships Kaby Lake chips, pointing to PC availability in few months

in Windows 10 News
    Intel ships Kaby Lake chips, pointing to PC availability in few months: Tablets and laptops with Intel's 7th Generation Core chips code-named Kaby Lake should become available in the coming months. Intel is shipping Kaby Lake chips to PC makers now, CEO Brian Krzanich during Intel's earnings call Wednesday. Systems with new processors usually...
  10. CES 2017: ASUS unveils ZenBook 3 and refreshed Kaby Lake ROG laptops

in Windows 10 News
    CES 2017: ASUS unveils ZenBook 3 and refreshed Kaby Lake ROG laptops: The ASUS ZenBook 3 Deluxe (UX490) is an incredible new laptop that offers the premium construction andworld-class performance. The slim profile belies the generous 14-inch display inside. A powerful Intel® Core™i7 processor and up to 16 GB of RAM can meet the most demanding...