Windows 10: Intelligent suggestions for possibly dumb questions (Network?)

Discus and support Intelligent suggestions for possibly dumb questions (Network?) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. Purchased an HP Envy Desktop W10 Home (V2004) to replace my aged AMD Ryzen homebuilt (Pro V20H2). The HP is very small and might have room for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by glennc, Jan 13, 2021.

1. glennc Win User

Intelligent suggestions for possibly dumb questions (Network?)

Hello.
    Purchased an HP Envy Desktop W10 Home (V2004) to replace my aged AMD Ryzen homebuilt (Pro V20H2). The HP is very small and might have room for one additional hard drive. My Ryzen had 1 SSD and 2 500GB Mirrored as Data, I kinda like the setup. Was possibly considering somehow Networking the Ryzen into Data drive for the HP Envy and my wife's Laptop.
    Tried some variations on Mapping Drives and such with no luck. Connected but couldn't get no password required. Thanks for any ideas. FREE Nas, Ubuntu Server.
    Any suggestions will likely tax my abilities.

:)

glennc, Jan 13, 2021
  2. glennc Win User

Hello.
    Purchased an HP Envy Desktop W10 Home (V2004) to replace my aged AMD Ryzen homebuilt (Pro V20H2). The HP is very small and might have room for one additional hard drive. My Ryzen had 1 SSD and 2 500GB Mirrored as Data, I kinda like the setup. Was possibly considering somehow Networking the Ryzen into Data drive for the HP Envy and my wife's Laptop.
    Tried some variations on Mapping Drives and such with no luck. Connected but couldn't get no password required. Thanks for any ideas. FREE Nas, Ubuntu Server.
    Any suggestions will likely tax my abilities.

glennc, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Boatvan Win User
    Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Intelligent suggestions for possibly dumb questions (Network?) - Similar Threads - Intelligent suggestions possibly

2. Dumb backup question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dumb backup question: I set up this backup see below a few years ago when I got my Windows 10 PC. I’m Backing these folders to an external drive weekly.Now, because of my aging memory, I’m wondering why I set it up that way.Isn’t the various C:\ folders redundant ?I mainly wanted to back up my...
  3. Dumb BitLocker Questions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dumb BitLocker Questions: Hi, Probably really dumb question, but does resetting/reinstalling Windows 10 give you a new BitLocker recovery key? Guessing the answer is "Yes" because that is what I have done and now I have a different key, but just want to make sure that is the reason. If so, can my...
  4. Dumb BitLocker Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Dumb BitLocker Questions: Hi, Probably really dumb question, but does resetting/reinstalling Windows 10 give you a new BitLocker recovery key? Guessing the answer is "Yes" because that is what I have done and now I have a different key, but just want to make sure that is the reason. If so, can my...
  5. Ok, Dumb Question.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ok, Dumb Question.: So, ive been wanting to know the awnser to this for a very long time, it keeps me up at night. What I need to know is if its possible to take a bunch of 4 port usb hubs and plug them into eachother about 50 times and then plug usb sticks into the 3 other ports on each one...
  6. Dumb question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dumb question: i want to install UltraUXthemepatcher, i know what windows ver i have but i don't know how to set that into ultrauxthemepatcher submitted by /u/Cubicalspy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3i55v/dumb_question/
  7. Intelligent suggestions for possibly dumb questions (Network?)

in Windows 10 Support
    Intelligent suggestions for possibly dumb questions (Network?): Hello. Purchased an HP Envy Desktop W10 Home (V2004) to replace my aged AMD Ryzen homebuilt (Pro V20H2). The HP is very small and might have room for one additional hard drive. My Ryzen had 1 SSD and 2 500GB Mirrored as Data, I kinda like the setup. Was possibly considering...
  8. Playback from Audio Inputs - a possibly dumb question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Playback from Audio Inputs - a possibly dumb question: Good day folks. I've got maybe a dumb question here. Preface: I know all about doing this the multi step way, going through the sound settings, setting the playback device, etc. Looking for a quick, easy, possibly hot-keyable method For ages I've had my staff at work (some...
  9. Dumb Question (possibly) about Cloning and Imaging Disks

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Dumb Question (possibly) about Cloning and Imaging Disks: Okay, here's the thing. For years, I have been cloning the hard disks whenever I get a new PC or update the OS to a newer version (e.g. XP > Vista, Vista > W7, W7 > W10). I used to use Acronis True Image which always did what I wanted without fuss until earlier this year -...
  10. Maybe a Dumb Question.

in Windows 10 Support
    Maybe a Dumb Question.: But I will ask it anyway. If I update my Win 7 Pro to Windows 10 now, will I still be able to Dual Boot the upgraded Windows 10 with The TP? 8504