Windows 10: Intelppm.sys error

Discus and support Intelppm.sys error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Can someone please clarify intelppm.sys error - My local Microsoft Store technician informed me that this is a motherboard issue and the board needs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by George2016, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Intelppm.sys error

Can someone please clarify intelppm.sys error -

My local Microsoft Store technician informed me that this is a motherboard issue and the board needs to be replaced.

Lenovo is also saying it is a motherboard issue pertaining to the software that is installed on the ram that is soldered to the motherboard and that the motherboard needs to be replaced.

:)

George2016, Jun 20, 2019
  2. axe0 Win User

BSOD while using the internet. error (L1C63x64.sys)

Hi trainman81,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.
    1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Intelppm.sys error [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

AVG is trying to request data from the internet, which is why the network driver is marked as the cause.
    Code:
    Code:
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for L1C63x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for L1C63x64.sys 0: kd> lmvm L1C63x64 start             end                 module name fffff801`89700000 fffff801`89722000   L1C63x64 T (no symbols)                Loaded symbol image file: L1C63x64.sys     Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\L1C63x64.sys     Image name: L1C63x64.sys     Timestamp:        Mon Apr 01 05:15:17 2013 (5158FBC5)     CheckSum:         000245C4     ImageSize:        00022000     Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
    AVG drivers that have been flagged
    Code:
    Code:
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgwfpa.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgwfpa.sys *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgfwd6a.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgfwd6a.sys
    Please uninstall AVG and see if it helps
    Uninstall AVG | AVG
    It is further recommended to check your Qualcomm network driver for updates, its driver is not supported for Windows 10.
    Driver Reference Table - L1C63x64.sys

3. dxgmms2.sys error

Hi Ed,

The dxgmms2.sys error may arise due to faulty hardware, outdated drivers, and software conflicts. For us to properly determine what's causing this and provide you with the solution to rectify the concern, supply more information by
    answering these questions:

• How and when did the issue start?
    • May we know what exactly happens when you encounter this error?
    • Have you recently installed any updates?
    • Have you made any significant changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • Are there any 3rd party applications or antivirus software installed on your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your reply so we can move forward to resolving your issue.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jun 20, 2019
  4. Intelppm.sys error

BSOD with error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. It also mentioned that the problem was in intelppm,sys.

Thanks again, Dave, Andre, Dhiman. Tried everything you all suggested and more to clean install Windows 10 -- STILL FAIL.

The culprit is intelppm.sys and/or intelppm.sys.mui. Using the command prompt, I found five instances of these files in WINDOWS, three within SYSTEM32 and two WinSxS. I deleted them from what was on the
    laptops C: drive and then tried a clean install. It seemed to work, but after the "your computer will restart within 'X' seconds" it did, and I was right back where I began - FAILED with IRQL_NOT_etc etc. I continued to follow others' suggestions configuring
    and reconfiguring my flash drive (using RUFUS 2.18) with different combinations of options suggested -- all FAILED.

So, after 5 days and
    at least 8 hours a day trying all this, I decided: time to R&R the hard drive. I opened the laptop, installed a newly reformatted 500 GB HDD and attempted a clean install -- again, first trying this BIOS setting and that, and configuring the flash drive
    via RUFUS. All FAIL. I then partially disassembled the laptop and took the HDD out and put in a hard drive I had made: a recovery drive for a desktop right after I got that computer. I ran thru the process to recover the contents of from a recovery drive
    to a different computer -- FAIL, same error.

I just finished trying that and the laptop is currently disassembled to facilitate the swapping of hard drives a bit easier.

The help you provided I'm sure will most likely work in the majority of failures of this nature, but apparently not with the combination of the IRQL error caused by failure of the intelppm.sys (to do its
    job) -- unless there's something else.

What could that something else be? It could be software related, hardware related, or both. I think it's both. I'm beginning to think there are two or more hardware components in the architecture of this
    HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop which attempt to use the same resources, and so the intelppm module kicks in and fails. I paid $1K for this box new, 18 months ago. The problem occurred when I tried to recover the system to factory settings, and the error which
    led to the stopcode has remained consistent regardless of what I've tried. To me, that suggests an architectural failure which does not correctly ensure the sharing of on-board resources. Bottom line, I believe it's an inherent, unforeseen, incompatibility
    between the hardware (made by HP) and the software (made by Microsoft). A quick google search shows a few others with the exact same error combination -- none have been satisfactorily corrected. I may be all wrong, but having used Mircosoft and either Packard-Bell
    or Hewlett Packard since 1985 when you had to boot from 5 1/4" truly "floppy" disk, this is the first time I've hit the wall. It looks as though lots of people are hitting lots of walls these days regardless of the OS they're using. It's become to complex
    to ensure everything works all the time. Glad I'm old enough to not give a s__t anymore.

Sooooo, my final attempt to make my laptop something other than a $1K paperweight will be to close it all back up with the newly formatted HDD in it and attempt to load a brand new Windows 8.1 Pro DVD.

So I say again, thanks for trying. I really do appreciate your time and effort expended. theglide

ClydeRothman, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

Intelppm.sys error

1. Intelppm.sys error - Similar Threads - Intelppm sys error

2. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE intelppm.sys intelppm+0x153f

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE intelppm.sys intelppm+0x153f: this error which capture from WhoCrashed Crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\042322-22406-01.dmp Minidump Bugcheck code: 0x9F0x3, 0xFFFFB60D51EC8060, 0xFFFFDA073426F6D0, 0xFFFFB60D5A7D4BB0 Bugcheck name: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Driver or module in which error occurred:...
  3. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE intelppm.sys intelppm+0x153f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE intelppm.sys intelppm+0x153f: this error which capture from WhoCrashed Crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\042322-22406-01.dmp Minidump Bugcheck code: 0x9F0x3, 0xFFFFB60D51EC8060, 0xFFFFDA073426F6D0, 0xFFFFB60D5A7D4BB0 Bugcheck name: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Driver or module in which error occurred:...
  4. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE intelppm.sys intelppm+0x153f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE -intelppm.sys intelppm+0x138f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE -intelppm.sys intelppm+0x138f: Hi All i got a brand new laptop which having this problemi not sure is this hardware issues or just drive issues i had attach the dump file as below https://drive.google.com/file/d/1acSNXFTDyUBOjj9hlBZ6ZfMw_8ZqYHdK/view?usp=sharingthis error which capture from WhoCrashedCrash...
  6. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE -intelppm.sys intelppm+0x138f

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE -intelppm.sys intelppm+0x138f: Hi All i got a brand new laptop which having this problemi not sure is this hardware issues or just drive issues i had attach the dump file as below https://drive.google.com/file/d/1acSNXFTDyUBOjj9hlBZ6ZfMw_8ZqYHdK/view?usp=sharingthis error which capture from WhoCrashedCrash...
  7. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE -intelppm.sys intelppm+0x138f

8. The Netwsw02.sys error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Netwsw02.sys error: Hello,What is the solution for the "Netwsw02.sys" error with blue screen?It always occurs for me from time to time, and by the way I noticed one time after such error that one of the folders containing all my work on the "E drive" was corrupted. I don't know what's the cause...
  9. The Netwsw02.sys error

The Netwsw02.sys error: Hello,What is the solution for the "Netwsw02.sys" error with blue screen?It always occurs for me from time to time, and by the way I noticed one time after such error that one of the folders containing all my work on the "E drive" was corrupted. I don't know what's the cause...
  10. netwsw00.sys error

netwsw00.sys error: the blue screen is coming very often i have a laptop which is upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and its a i7 processor... Can somebody help me how to fix this .... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/netwsw00sys-error/25e3bf67-b644-48bd-8408-68b36d20bcd9
Tags: