Windows 10: IntelR HD Graphics 520 - display issues

Discus and support IntelR HD Graphics 520 - display issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi,Today the display on my laptop suddenly changed to a square shape and contents zoomed in.I looked at a few other community threads which prompted me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RubyLou2244, Jul 15, 2021.

1. IntelR HD Graphics 520 - display issues

Hi,Today the display on my laptop suddenly changed to a square shape and contents zoomed in.I looked at a few other community threads which prompted me to uninstall the display adapter IntelR HD Graphics 520 which immediately fixed the problem. However, each time I do this and then either restart or update to reinstall it the issue happens again.I have now uninstalled it again, have checked the delete box and am avoiding a restart or update to try and stop it from happening again.Please help,Thanks.

:)

RubyLou2244, Jul 15, 2021

2. Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 throws error: Windows has stopped this device because it reported problems (code 43)

I own a HP Spectre 13 2016 (Model Number: Y4G37PA#AB5) running on Windows 10 Home Version 1903 64-Bit. Recently I noticed that the brightness functionality of my computer does not seem to work. When the buttons are clicked, nothing is displayed on the screen, nor is the brightness changed. The Windows notification panel has also disabled the brightness slider.

I checked the Device Manager and have noticed an error being thrown by Intel(R) HD Graphics 520. I have no other display adaptors installed. When I click the properties of the Intel(R) HD Graphics 520, it shows the following error in the Device Status:

Windows has stopped this device because it reported problems (code 43)

When I launch the DirectX Diagnostic Tool using dxdiag command from the Start Menu, I can see under Display > Device it is written Microsoft Basic Display Driver, with the following error in notes:

There is a problem with the Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 device. For more information search for "graphic device driver error code 43". Following this search prompt, I have tried the following:

1. Uninstalling the display driver by Right Clicking Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 in device Manger: The result of this was the computer restarting and then completely glitching out with a black screen.
    2. Updating the Driver By right clicking and searching automatically: The result was the message Best driver for your device are already installed.

I am hoping that you could help us resolve the Error Code 43. So that the computer can use the Intel HD Graphics 520 device.

Thank you.

Archit Kithania, Jul 15, 2021
  3. Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Hi Carol,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to install the game in administrative mode and check if the issue persist.

I suggest you to refer to the below link and check if it helps.

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 15, 2021
  4. Warren P Win User

IntelR HD Graphics 520 - display issues

Thinkpad Edge Series Laptop Keeps Freezing on Windows 10 - Intel HD Graphics 520

After a bit of trial and error plus poking around in the full dumps generated by the Scroll-lock key triggered technique (since there is no actual BSOD, you have to generate a BSOD to get the dumps), and after REMOVING the Lenovo supplied Intel graphics driver and forcing the Intel HD Graphics 520 OEM drivers onto the system, I am no longer able to reproduce the hang.

Instructions to remove Lenovo+Microsoft WQHL certified driver are provided in the .ZIP version of their drivers, you can download from the Intel website, quoting their readme, using the "Have Disk" path through Windows 10 driver selection hell:

Microsoft Windows* "Have Disk" Installation

1. Click "Start", right-click "Computer", and click "Properties".
    2. Click "Device Manager" on the left.
    3. In the "User Account Control" window, click "Yes".

IF UPDATING DRIVER GO TO STEP 5
    4. Double-click "Video Controller (VGA Compatible)" if present under
      "Other Devices". (Go to step 6).
    5. Expand "Display adapters" and double-click the graphics controller.
    6. In the "Driver" tab, click "Update Driver".
    7. Click "Browse my computer for driver software".
    8. Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
    9. Click "Have Disk..." and click "Browse".
    10. Browse to the directory where you unzipped the file you
      downloaded, click the "Graphics" folder, and select the
      "igdlh.INF" file. Click "Open".
    11. Click "OK" and click "Next". The operating system will install
      the driver.
    12. Click "Close" and click "Yes" to reboot. The driver should now
      be loaded.

My current installed (non crashing) driver version is: 22.20.16.4771 dated 8/13/2017

Warren P, Jul 15, 2021
Thema:

IntelR HD Graphics 520 - display issues

1. IntelR HD Graphics 520 - display issues - Similar Threads - IntelR Graphics 520

2. IntelR HD Graphics 620

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IntelR HD Graphics 620: Hello everyone,I am on Windows 11 and display drivers IntelR HD Graphics 620 are causing the PC to hang or freeze.I tried updating the driver but still doesn't help. More over I tried uninstalling the driver but it gets installed automatically.Can anyone please help me...
  3. IntelR HD Graphics 620

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IntelR HD Graphics 620: Hello everyone,I am on Windows 11 and display drivers IntelR HD Graphics 620 are causing the PC to hang or freeze.I tried updating the driver but still doesn't help. More over I tried uninstalling the driver but it gets installed automatically.Can anyone please help me...
  4. Cannot completely remove IntelR HD Graphics 630

Cannot completely remove IntelR HD Graphics 630: When i open 3D modeling software Blender 3.1 it keeps giving me the error "OpenGL 3.3 or higher is required" and i've googled a ton of "solutions" but nothing works so i'm taking another approach. I have an AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT which definitely supports this version of...
  5. Cannot completely remove IntelR HD Graphics 630

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot completely remove IntelR HD Graphics 630: When i open 3D modeling software Blender 3.1 it keeps giving me the error "OpenGL 3.3 or higher is required" and i've googled a ton of "solutions" but nothing works so i'm taking another approach. I have an AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT which definitely supports this version of...
  6. Intel HD Graphics 520 screwing up the mouse curser

Intel HD Graphics 520 screwing up the mouse curser: I have traced the problem to the systems Intel HD Graphics 520 display adapter. If I disable the adapter and use the Nvidia adapter alone the issue goes away. Problem with using just one display adapter is that I no longer have brightness setting. So I guess I need to find...
  7. Intel HD Graphics 520 screwing up the mouse curser

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel HD Graphics 520 screwing up the mouse curser: I have traced the problem to the systems Intel HD Graphics 520 display adapter. If I disable the adapter and use the Nvidia adapter alone the issue goes away. Problem with using just one display adapter is that I no longer have brightness setting. So I guess I need to find...
  8. Intel HD Graphics 520 screwing up the mouse curser

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. intel hd graphics 520 premiere

in Windows 10 Customization
    intel hd graphics 520 premiere: hello, i have problem with premeire pro I get massage intel hd graphics 520 the driver fix it for 3 day onley. I spoke with adobe company and they tod me to contact you for help. thanks, noam moreno...
  10. Intel HD Graphics 520 (Strange)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel HD Graphics 520 (Strange): I am currently using Fujitsu Lifebook E736 with an Intel HD Graphics 520. Everytime after i've travel for a few days and when i try to dock the laptop on a port replicator. There is no output, like it did not detect it at all. Then i try connecting it directly using the VGA...