Windows 10: IntelR Smart Sound Technology IntelR SST OED Not starting correctly

Discus and support IntelR Smart Sound Technology IntelR SST OED Not starting correctly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, after using the ps4 remote play my speakers now have a red x and say there is no device installed. They worked for the few minutes I used ps4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EmilyKing3, Mar 16, 2021.

1. IntelR Smart Sound Technology IntelR SST OED Not starting correctly

Hello, after using the ps4 remote play my speakers now have a red x and say there is no device installed. They worked for the few minutes I used ps4 remote play but I don't know if they were still working when I closed it as I wasn't paying attention to my tool bar when I shut my laptop.

I don't know for sure if the ps4 remote play program caused it or if an update occurred while my laptop was closed but I got on the following morning and my speakers were no longer working.

IntelR Smart Sound Technology IntelR SST OED Not starting correctly a4fb9d9d-0e4a-44bc-9cf0-fd3a4884e725?upload=true.png

I have uninstalled the driver without deleting it and reinstalled it by restarting my laptop, I completely deleted the driver and reinstalled it through both the Intel Driver & Support Assistant and Driver One and neither worked.

I tried to reinstall it by picking it directly and it just says it cant open, I do have 2 options for drivers but both give me the same answer.

IntelR Smart Sound Technology IntelR SST OED Not starting correctly a553acd9-b383-40be-94d7-c487567e201e?upload=true.png IntelR Smart Sound Technology IntelR SST OED Not starting correctly cb002d04-e7ba-40e7-83f4-f132abedb255?upload=true.png

My sound, video, and games controller section in device manger doesn't show unless I use the "show hidden options" button. and theres no intel high definition option like others with this problem have, only my Bluetooth headphones show.

IntelR Smart Sound Technology IntelR SST OED Not starting correctly 8e802c7e-fab6-45fb-89fe-902bfa202ba7?upload=true.png

And plugged in headphones don't work but my Bluetooth headphones do.

Now I could just use my Bluetooth headphones until I inevitably get another laptop in a few years but I'd like to try and fix this as it's a huge inconvenience.

I've been researching this for 3 days now and have tried every method I found twice or more.

I even restored my laptop to factory condition yesterday and that didn't fix it either.

I have no updates to download, everything says it's up to date.

I'm lost on what to do. My laptop is a Lenovo ideapad S340-15IWL.

I just installed the recommended lenovo sound package called lxs3050fu990.exe and it didn't help either.

This is my laptop as of 3/16/2021. I'm not gonna touch anything until I get a reply so I don't mess anything up.

:)

EmilyKing3, Mar 16, 2021

2. Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED !!!Problems!!!

Hi!

I am having the exact same problem listed above, and successfully uninstalled the driver, and after restarting it reappeared again with the yellow triangle. I installed the Assistant but it did not help in reinstalling or updating the "Intel(R) Smart
    Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED" driver. What next?

AmberLakey, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED !!!Problems!!!

So... I am having problems with my Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED driver... I look on device manager and It has a little triangle with an ! mark inside of it... I have disabled, enabled, updated the driver but nothing seems to be working...
    When I go to uninstall the driver it asks if I want to delete the driver software for this device... I am not sure how to properly uninstall and then reinstall it... Could you please help me? Also if that does not work what are some other options I could do
    to get it fixed?

HarryO'Dea, Mar 16, 2021
  4. IntelR Smart Sound Technology IntelR SST OED Not starting correctly

Intel Smart Sound Technology

I'm having problems with sound drivers. Yesterday I had no sound at all and after extensive query, downloaded the RealTek audio driver which brought back the sound but now I am getting sound through the display when my headphones are plugged in. In device
    manager I see a yellow triangle for the Intel Smart Sound Technology (SST) and the device status under the general tab says "This device cannot start. (Code 10) The driver was not loaded because it failed its initialization call." I have tried to update the
    driver but it says I have the most current driver. The other two options under the driver tab are to disable the device or uninstall the device and I don't know whether to try either of these options. Could this driver be related to my sound coming through
    the display when headphones are plugged in? Any suggestions?

Hartsister, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

IntelR Smart Sound Technology IntelR SST OED Not starting correctly

1. IntelR Smart Sound Technology IntelR SST OED Not starting correctly - Similar Threads - IntelR Smart Sound

2. Intel smart sound technology OED AND SST not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel smart sound technology OED AND SST not showing: Intel smart sound technology OED AND SST not showing in device manager in system devicesLAPTOP: ASUS ROG STRIX G 531GDWINDOWS 10 64 BIT 22H2 ANY WAY TO INSTALL IT? I CAN'T CHOOSE AUDIO OUTPUT BECAUSE OF IT....
  3. Intel smart sound technology OED AND SST not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel smart sound technology OED AND SST not showing: Intel smart sound technology OED AND SST not showing in device manager in system devicesLAPTOP: ASUS ROG STRIX G 531GDWINDOWS 10 64 BIT 22H2 ANY WAY TO INSTALL IT? I CAN'T CHOOSE AUDIO OUTPUT BECAUSE OF IT....
  4. Intel smart sound technology OED AND SST not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. HP IntelR Smart Sound Device not started Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP IntelR Smart Sound Device not started Win10: This device was working properly but all of a sudden stop working. When I check I receive and error stating that the device can not start Problem: 0xAProblem Status: 0xC000009E...
  6. HP IntelR Smart Sound Device not started Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP IntelR Smart Sound Device not started Win10: This device was working properly but all of a sudden stop working. When I check I receive and error stating that the device can not start Problem: 0xAProblem Status: 0xC000009E...
  7. HP IntelR Smart Sound Device not started Win10

8. IntelR Smart Sound Technology IntelR SST keeps reinstalling

IntelR Smart Sound Technology IntelR SST keeps reinstalling: When the Intel SST audio driver installs Windows doesn't detect a sound device. I know how to roll the driver back and this fixes it but Windows re-installs the Intel SST driver a few days later. How can I stop this permanently? I have ticked the box to uninstall the...
  9. IntelR Smart Sound Technology IntelR SST OED Not starting correctly

IntelR Smart Sound Technology IntelR SST OED Not starting correctly: Hello, ive noticed that my sound does not play, upon opening the device manager, IntelR Smart Sound Technology IntelR SST OED had a yellow triangle under it,, it have me an error saying " This device cannot start. Code 10 The driver was not loaded because it failed its...
  10. Intel smart sound technology OED driver error

Intel smart sound technology OED driver error: Hi, I have a HP Elitebook 830 G6 and the sound doesn't work. Has a red X over it in the taskbar. I've tried the troubleshooter but it doesn't resolve the problem. When I go into the device manager the driver: Intel smart sound technology OED has a yellow exclamation sign...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot