Windows 10: Intense Lag when Downloading Large Files

Discus and support Intense Lag when Downloading Large Files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am using Windows 10 on an Acer Predator 17 laptop. I use a gigabit wired internet connection. When I download a large file, like an .iso file, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SeriousHeron2, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Intense Lag when Downloading Large Files

Hi, I am using Windows 10 on an Acer Predator 17 laptop. I use a gigabit wired internet connection. When I download a large file, like an .iso file, my computer experience horrible lag. Any ideas how I can troubleshoot this?

:)

SeriousHeron2, Jul 13, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Intense Lag when Downloading Large Files

Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Intense Lag when Downloading Large Files

1. Intense Lag when Downloading Large Files - Similar Threads - Intense Lag Downloading

2. Internet disables when downloading large files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet disables when downloading large files: Summary of the problem:Browsing the internet, watching movies, and chatting works fine.Playing online games usually doesn't cause an issue, but sometimes do.The main issue starts when I download large files over the internet.For example, a large video file via Google drive or...
  3. Internet disables when downloading large files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet disables when downloading large files: Summary of the problem:Browsing the internet, watching movies, and chatting works fine.Playing online games usually doesn't cause an issue, but sometimes do.The main issue starts when I download large files over the internet.For example, a large video file via Google drive or...
  4. Blue Screen when downloading large files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen when downloading large files: Hi there!I've recently noticed my router which is connected via ethernet cable to my pc was limiting my download speed due to its specifications, and so decided to connect my PC directly to the modem instead the modem used to be in bridge mode beforehand. The new download...
  5. Blue Screen when downloading large files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen when downloading large files: Hi there!I've recently noticed my router which is connected via ethernet cable to my pc was limiting my download speed due to its specifications, and so decided to connect my PC directly to the modem instead the modem used to be in bridge mode beforehand. The new download...
  6. Intense lagging and stuttering when downloading games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intense lagging and stuttering when downloading games: Hello, I recently built a PC for myself, and for some reason when I download any high-capacity game, my PC starts stuttering, lagging, and my SSD usage goes to 100%. I already tried to TRIM the disk and reseat it in the NVMe slot, but it hasn’t worked. I think next I might...
  7. Intense lagging and stuttering when downloading games

Intense lagging and stuttering when downloading games: Hello, I recently built a PC for myself, and for some reason when I download any high-capacity game, my PC starts stuttering, lagging, and my SSD usage goes to 100%. I already tried to TRIM the disk and reseat it in the NVMe slot, but it hasn’t worked. I think next I might...
  8. INTENSE LAG AFTER 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INTENSE LAG AFTER 21H2: so,I just updated everything on my laptop, but before updating to 21h2, there was no lag, my memory is still sitting at 81.8/128GB, and I could watch everything all smoothly, But once I updated, videos couldn't get by without lagging and degrading the quality of the video. I...
  9. INTENSE LAG AFTER 21H2

INTENSE LAG AFTER 21H2: so,I just updated everything on my laptop, but before updating to 21h2, there was no lag, my memory is still sitting at 81.8/128GB, and I could watch everything all smoothly, But once I updated, videos couldn't get by without lagging and degrading the quality of the video. I...
  10. INTENSE LAG AFTER 21H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging