Windows 10: Interacting with anything with my Hard drive related goes ,not responding‘. If i plug the...

Discus and support Interacting with anything with my Hard drive related goes ,not responding‘. If i plug the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a 1tb toshiba external hard drive. If i lets say downloaded spotify on that hard drive, when i open up spotify, it instantly says that the app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Viinex, Feb 23, 2021.

1. /u/Viinex Win User

Interacting with anything with my Hard drive related goes ,not responding‘. If i plug the...

I have a 1tb toshiba external hard drive. If i lets say downloaded spotify on that hard drive, when i open up spotify, it instantly says that the app is not responding. The hard drive is completly fine and i never dropped it or used it before! Help..

submitted by /u/Viinex
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Viinex, Feb 23, 2021

2. Computer freezes and Explorer doen't respond when I plug an external Hard drive

Hello jobkakule,

The issue is possibly caused by corrupted data or bad sectors on your external hard drive or could be a sign of a failing hard drive.

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • Have you tried plugging your external hard drive to a different USB port? Also, check if you can access the drive by plugging it to a different computer.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Meanwhile, I'd suggest to repair the bad sectors on your external hard drive. Kindly refer to the steps below:

(Let's just assume that the drive letter for your external hard drive is E. If not, please do change it to the correct drive letter)

1. Plug in your external hard drive. Click on Start, search for
    Command Prompt, right-click on it and select Run as administrator.

2. Type in the following command below and press Enter after each command:

Chkdsk /f E:

Chkdsk /r E:

3. Reboot your computer after the scan is completed.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Mathragh Win User

Interacting with anything with my Hard drive related goes ,not responding‘. If i plug the...

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Interacting with anything with my Hard drive related goes ,not responding‘. If i plug the... - Similar Threads - Interacting anything Hard

2. After turning on my PC, the very first program I interact with goes to “Not Responding”,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After turning on my PC, the very first program I interact with goes to “Not Responding”,...: It’s not affecting anything else, but it is very annoying to deal with every time I start up my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-turning-on-my-pc-the-very-first-program-i/b15c549f-9d4b-471f-910a-3c5c0a2d493b
  3. After turning on my PC, the very first program I interact with goes to “Not Responding”,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After turning on my PC, the very first program I interact with goes to “Not Responding”,...: It’s not affecting anything else, but it is very annoying to deal with every time I start up my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-turning-on-my-pc-the-very-first-program-i/b15c549f-9d4b-471f-910a-3c5c0a2d493b
  4. After turning on my PC, the very first program I interact with goes to “Not Responding”,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't upload anything to my hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't upload anything to my hard drive: Some how my HDD on my H.P All-In-One computer has gotten locked. I think it has something to do with Bitlocker, since when I look at it in Disk Management it says Bitlocker Encrypted. Now every time I start my computer and try to access the hard drive it makes me enter the...
  6. I can't upload anything to my hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't upload anything to my hard drive: Some how my HDD on my H.P All-In-One computer has gotten locked. I think it has something to do with Bitlocker, since when I look at it in Disk Management it says Bitlocker Encrypted. Now every time I start my computer and try to access the hard drive it makes me enter the...
  7. I can’t interact with anything on the desktop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can’t interact with anything on the desktop.: I accidentally unzipped a big file straight to my desktop so i used ctrl-z. Since then the task bar and desktop restart every time i click them, but other programs that are on work perfectly fine. At the bottom of task manager, Windows explorer is using 11% cpu and i can’t...
  8. External Hard Drive not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive not responding: My 2tb Toshiba external hard drive freezes up whatever application it interacts with. I’ve tried to format it, run chdsk, and use third party applications to fix it but whatever application I’m running immediately freezes. It does show up in file explorer but I can’t open it...
  9. Programs on hard drive not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs on hard drive not responding: Hello, I have a 1tb external hard drive that is full of folders and when ever I open a folder or program the window freezes and said not responding. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-on-hard-drive-not-responding/5e4410a7-8fb9-44c1-9075-65e45da1b0dd
  10. non responding hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    non responding hard drive: Im in a bind and need help. I have a Lenovo Ideapad. I happened to look at it walking by and there was a notification as soon as I looked at it it closed but I did see that it said there was a problem with the hard drive and to restart to fix. Well, that sounded serious so I...