Windows 10: Interacting with anything with my Hard drive related goes ,not responding‘. If i plug the...

Discus and support Interacting with anything with my Hard drive related goes ,not responding‘. If i plug the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a 1tb toshiba external hard drive. If i lets say downloaded spotify on that hard drive, when i open up spotify, it instantly says that the app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Viinex, Feb 23, 2021.

1. /u/Viinex Win User

Interacting with anything with my Hard drive related goes ,not responding‘. If i plug the...

I have a 1tb toshiba external hard drive. If i lets say downloaded spotify on that hard drive, when i open up spotify, it instantly says that the app is not responding. The hard drive is completly fine and i never dropped it or used it before! Help..

submitted by /u/Viinex
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Viinex, Feb 23, 2021

2. Computer freezes and Explorer doen't respond when I plug an external Hard drive

Hello jobkakule,

The issue is possibly caused by corrupted data or bad sectors on your external hard drive or could be a sign of a failing hard drive.

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • Have you tried plugging your external hard drive to a different USB port? Also, check if you can access the drive by plugging it to a different computer.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Meanwhile, I'd suggest to repair the bad sectors on your external hard drive. Kindly refer to the steps below:

(Let's just assume that the drive letter for your external hard drive is E. If not, please do change it to the correct drive letter)

1. Plug in your external hard drive. Click on Start, search for
    Command Prompt, right-click on it and select Run as administrator.

2. Type in the following command below and press Enter after each command:

Chkdsk /f E:

Chkdsk /r E:

3. Reboot your computer after the scan is completed.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Mathragh Win User

Interacting with anything with my Hard drive related goes ,not responding‘. If i plug the...

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Interacting with anything with my Hard drive related goes ,not responding‘. If i plug the... - Similar Threads - Interacting anything Hard

2. non responding hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    non responding hard drive: Im in a bind and need help. I have a Lenovo Ideapad. I happened to look at it walking by and there was a notification as soon as I looked at it it closed but I did see that it said there was a problem with the hard drive and to restart to fix. Well, that sounded serious so I...
  3. Files explorer not responding when i interact with files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files explorer not responding when i interact with files: I was downloading files for work as usual, went to extract the zip file but the second i clicked on it the entire files explorer just stops responding and hits me with the blue circle. It takes far too long and i end the task with task manager. After that my whole desktop...
  4. My computer is not working or responding to anything

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My computer is not working or responding to anything: My computer keeps on saying your information is at risk call microsoft when i only downloaded one thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-not-working-or-responding-to/ba1eec9f-1ea1-43ee-8891-d88df1b7634d
  5. Search bar is not responding to any interactions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar is not responding to any interactions: This bug has been going on for me for a few days now and I dont know how to fix it. I am trying to use the search bar on windows 10 and it isnt opening up. I can click it but it doesnt show any response to it. Here is a link to a gif I took of me trying to click it...
  6. Anything related to google

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anything related to google: Hi, I resetted my windows 10 a couple of days ago and now I'm having trouble to access anything related to google. I can access google itself (google.com), but can't open the chrome page to download it, recaptcha prompts are not visible and using google as my browser search...
  7. Hard Drive freezing or breaking everything it interacts with

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard Drive freezing or breaking everything it interacts with: I have an old 1Tb HDD that I decided to put in my windows 10 pc to upgrade. Everything that interacts with the hard drive either freezes or breaks entirely. windows explorer forever loads when opening the "This PC" menu although it does show up without a volume, device...
  8. Hard Drive goes to Sleep

Hard Drive goes to Sleep: I have an HP Pavilion desktop pc (model no 500-120ea) running Windows 10. After a few minutes of not requiring access the built in hard drive (C drive) appears to go sleep. The reason I say that is that if I suddenly need access e.g.. to open or save a file I hear the hard...
  9. If I plug in my D hard drive, I lose my network?!?!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    If I plug in my D hard drive, I lose my network?!?!: Folks, Here's the background: Computer has an Asus M5A88-M motherboard, with an AMD FX-8350 cpu. It had been running Win7/64. It has two harddrives, an SSD Samsung 850 evo (C drive) and a WD Black spinner (D drive). In Win7 I was unable to get the SSD into AHCI mode....
  10. Hard drives never goes to sleep

Hard drives never goes to sleep: Bonjour, I am having an issue with a "fresh" Windows 10 installation. I emphasis "fresh" because it ain't so fresh anymore but has been reinstalled and the problem was not present on my last installation. I currently have 4 standard HDD (3x green, 1x black) and 1 SSD...