Windows 10: Interactive Bat file to send Files across Network to PCs

Discus and support Interactive Bat file to send Files across Network to PCs in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I need help with creating a batch script, which will allow me to send some files across to PCs on the Network. I need the script to be interactive so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MoiseJulien, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Interactive Bat file to send Files across Network to PCs

I need help with creating a batch script, which will allow me to send some files across to PCs on the Network. I need the script to be interactive so that it requests the name of the PC to which the file will be sent. Instead of editing the script whenever I want to send the file to a new PC, I would like the option to enter the PC's name or even a list of PCs to receive the file. Here is the example of the file being sent xcopy "C:\Users\James\Work Files\Updated File.xlsx" "\\PC NAME\c$\Users\Marco\Desktop" When the script asks for the 'Send to PC', I can simply enter something like

:)

MoiseJulien, Nov 25, 2021
  2. dark2099 Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Nov 25, 2021
  3. AnthonyDP Win User
    Windows .bat File

I have a .bat file on a pc that is supposed to get and send a file to and from a server. This .bat file is working properly when I run it on the pc but will not when trying to run it through a 3rd party software. there have been no errors, the .bat
    file will start to run but will never finish. Any Solutions?

AnthonyDP, Nov 25, 2021
  4. Interactive Bat file to send Files across Network to PCs

BAT file/Script to find and replace files

Hey all....

Can someone help me make the BAT script in the 2nd post above to be able to use MORE than "1" file?
    As it currently is, you can only replace one particular file.

For example, I want in the command line to be able to write two files or more, and the script will find and replace all those 2 or more named files.
    Thanks much.

P.S.... Is there a GUI that does file searching and replacing?
    I've spent hours searching on the net, and the only thing I can find are "text" search/replace and this BAT command, not actual "file" replacing. I find this amazing. *Frown Interactive Bat file to send Files across Network to PCs :(

leeuniverse, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

Interactive Bat file to send Files across Network to PCs

1. Interactive Bat file to send Files across Network to PCs - Similar Threads - Interactive Bat file

2. Interactive Bat file to send Files across Network to PCs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Interactive Bat file to send Files across Network to PCs: I need help with creating a batch script, which will allow me to send some files across to PCs on the Network. I need the script to be interactive so that it requests the name of the PC to which the file will be sent. Instead of editing the script whenever I want to send the...
  3. Interactive Bat file to send Files across Network to PCs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Interactive Bat file to send Files across Network to PCs: I need help with creating a batch script, which will allow me to send some files across to PCs on the Network. I need the script to be interactive so that it requests the name of the PC to which the file will be sent. Instead of editing the script whenever I want to send the...
  4. Bat file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bat file: I have a bat fileI am improving it bit by bit till I have reached But not i have added a warning to it before a commandI now want to make that line font size Bigger than the others How can I do that ??So here is the Batch file content@ECHO OFF echo...
  5. Bat file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bat file: I have a bat fileI am improving it bit by bit till I have reached But not i have added a warning to it before a commandI now want to make that line font size Bigger than the others How can I do that ??So here is the Batch file content@ECHO OFF echo...
  6. .bat files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .bat files: So i am trying to make a minecraft server and need to open a .bat file but i keep getting a error saying "This app can not run on this pc" But it worked a month ago i need a solution please....
  7. Bat file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bat file: Good morning/evening/night, I wanted to create a batch file or an exe that can change options inside the gui of an application (the application is cisco webex) (if you are familliar with webex i want to change the audio or turn it to music mode witha batch file) but i am...
  8. Read a file in a bat file

in Windows 10 Support
    Read a file in a bat file: I have to read a file thru a bat file and get the date in the file. Once I get the date, I need it to be passed to be appended to another file. 160503
  9. .bat file

in Windows 10 Customization
    .bat file: I have .bat file it is not working in my new PC when I double click on it. but it was working in my old PC. could your please support how to associate .bat file in windows 10? Kindly looking for your support and reply in this regards. Thanks.....
  10. File sharing across my private network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sharing across my private network: Quite suddenly (I presume after a Windows 10 update) both of my TV media players are unable to access files on my Windows 10 computer. Amongst other things I have tried to turn off password protected sharing, but this change does not save correctly....