Windows 10: Interactive Logon and VPN

Discus and support Interactive Logon and VPN in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This is probably a silly question, but our users are working remotely and would like to get notifications for when their AD password is going to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Phil Whit, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Phil Whit Win User

Interactive Logon and VPN

This is probably a silly question, but our users are working remotely and would like to get notifications for when their AD password is going to expire.

I was going to use the Group Policy "Interactive logon: Prompt user to change password before expiration". Based on the title of the policy, I am assuming this only causes a pop-up to show up when the user first logs in. Since the remote users' process is to 1 Login to their machine off the network and 2 Connect to the AD-authenticated VPN to connect to the network, I am guessing this policy wont work for them.

:)

Phil Whit, Feb 1, 2021
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Feb 1, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Interactive Logon and VPN :D

P4-630, Feb 1, 2021
  4. PGGuild Win User

Connect VPN before Logon

I've looked at the suggested posts but I do not feel they cover my situation, but I may stand corrected. I have just downloaded Windows 10 and setup for auto logon. Now I would like to connect to my VPN network before the auto logon. The reason for
    this is that I have a daily backup to an offsite location which happens through the VPN network. As we travel a fair amount and can be away for more then a month at a time I am now concern that with Windows 10's forced updates that a restart may occur while
    we are away and prevent further backups. I am also working on scheduling an excel template to run daily which will create new files daily while we are away, therefore the backup are important. Any suggests will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

PGGuild, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Interactive Logon and VPN - Similar Threads - Interactive Logon VPN

2. In Windows 11, the Interactive Logon title and text is now centered.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 11, the Interactive Logon title and text is now centered.: I've been working on a gold image to introduce Windows 11 into our Agency. I've run across an issue while applying policy regarding Interactive Logon title and text. They appear centered on the screen rather than the usual left-justified we still see on the Windows 10 boxes...
  3. How to customize “Other User” profile image on interactive logon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to customize “Other User” profile image on interactive logon: I ask that users enter a Username and Password. By doing so, we get the “Other User” text and profile picture. I changed the “other user” text, but cannot remember how to change the picture associated with it. I have done this once before, so I know it can be done, but I can...
  4. How to customize “Other User” profile image on interactive logon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to customize “Other User” profile image on interactive logon: I ask that users enter a Username and Password. By doing so, we get the “Other User” text and profile picture. I changed the “other user” text, but cannot remember how to change the picture associated with it. I have done this once before, so I know it can be done, but I can...
  5. How to customize “Other User” profile image on interactive logon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to get Transparent background for Interactive logon message?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get Transparent background for Interactive logon message?: Hi How can i get this type of interactive logon messsage (transparent background) : [ATTACH] Instead of this : [ATTACH] I search a way to have a transparent background instead of a solid blue background. Exactly like in this video :...
  7. Cannot interact with title bars in Explorer on first logon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot interact with title bars in Explorer on first logon: On a domain joined Windows 10 PC(1809), for the duration of a new users' first logon, they are unable to interact with explorer.exe's Title bars. For example. Clicking on the 'x' at the top right of the window does nothing. Users are also unable to click and drag the window...
  8. VPN Before Logon

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VPN Before Logon: At our company, we have recently launched a remote sales office. We push all our windows updates through WSUS. We also have several device management tools that involve being connected to our corp network to use. We are looking for a tool, that would allow a user to connect...
  9. Interactive logon: Machine account lockout threshold?

Interactive logon: Machine account lockout threshold?: Hi all, Just a quick question here. I have my machine BitLocker enabled and there is this Group Policy setting in Windows 10 called Interactive logon: Machine account lockout threshold. I left this setting NOT CONGIFURED....
  10. Win10 Bitlocker and Interactive logon: Machine account lockout?

Win10 Bitlocker and Interactive logon: Machine account lockout?: I am VERY confused - Please help. By setting up Full Drive Encryption on Win10 and 8 systems, with a BitLocker password, will that BitLocker password would be the same as the normal Windows user account password? On these OS systems there is a new Local Security Policy...