Windows 10: Interactive logon: Machine account lockout threshold?

Discus and support Interactive logon: Machine account lockout threshold? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all, Just a quick question here. I have my machine BitLocker enabled and there is this Group Policy setting in Windows 10 called Interactive... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by win10freak, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Interactive logon: Machine account lockout threshold?

Hi all,

Just a quick question here. I have my machine BitLocker enabled and there is this Group Policy setting in Windows 10 called Interactive logon: Machine account lockout threshold. I left this setting NOT CONGIFURED.
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...(v=ws.11).aspx

Since my Windows logon password is more than 10 characters long and complex, is this setting required along with using BitLocker? Plus, I am the only one using my notebook most of the time at home. And when I do decide to travel with it, I would never lose possession of it.

So is this mandatory?

:)

win10freak, Jul 8, 2016
  2. Specz Win User

Windows 10 Mail App Won't Sync

Hi Jarvin13,

I had exactly the same issue and managed to solve it by:

• Ensure Windows is fully up to date
    • Remove the account from the mail app and make sure to clear any credentials from cred manager
    Then open up secpol.msc and set:

• Local Policies > Security Options > Interactive logon: Machine inactivity limit = 900 seconds
    • Account Policies > Account Lockout Policy > Account lockout threshold = 8 (leave others at default)
    • Account Policies > Minimum Password Length = 4 characters
    • Account Policies > Password must meet complexity requirements = enabled
    My 'security policies' (we have none enforced by O365) were slightly different but it appears you can totally ignore:

AllowWifi: 1

AllowBluetooth: 2

AllowStorageCard: 1

AllowsDesktopSync: 1

AllowCamera: 1

AllowBrowser: 1

AllowInternetSharing: 1

And just modify the secpol settings for:

DevicePasswordEnabled: 0

AlphanumericDevicePassword: 2

MinDevicePasswordComplexCharacters: 3

Hope that helps you!

Specz, Jul 8, 2016
  3. Rolando Vil, Jul 8, 2016
  4. Interactive logon: Machine account lockout threshold?

Machine Lockout refers to the password of the Local User Accounts - not BitLocker

garydexter, Jul 10, 2016
Thema:

Interactive logon: Machine account lockout threshold?

1. Interactive logon: Machine account lockout threshold? - Similar Threads - Interactive logon Machine

2. Account Lockout Threshold

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Lockout Threshold: Earlier today I got locked out of my laptop for 2 hours due to failed sign in attempts. I know my password, but I tend to make typos, and got unlucky this time. I wanted to change the settings so I could stop this from happening again. However, when I do `net accounts` in an...
  3. Account Lockout Threshold

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account Lockout Threshold: Earlier today I got locked out of my laptop for 2 hours due to failed sign in attempts. I know my password, but I tend to make typos, and got unlucky this time. I wanted to change the settings so I could stop this from happening again. However, when I do `net accounts` in an...
  4. Account Lockout Threshold

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows 11 Home edition account lockout threshold

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home edition account lockout threshold: Is there a default threshold in Windows 11 home edition for the number of attempts you can have to log on with a PIN before the account locks if the PIN is wrong? If so how long is the account locked and can you change the settings...
  6. Windows 11 Home edition account lockout threshold

Windows 11 Home edition account lockout threshold: Is there a default threshold in Windows 11 home edition for the number of attempts you can have to log on with a PIN before the account locks if the PIN is wrong? If so how long is the account locked and can you change the settings...
  7. the account lockout policy threshold property grayed out

the account lockout policy threshold property grayed out: hi,I can't change the value of the account lockout threshold for the account lockout duration property because it is grayed out on the Windows 10 workstation. any ideas?thanks,Y...
  8. the account lockout policy threshold property grayed out

the account lockout policy threshold property grayed out: hi,I can't change the value of the account lockout threshold for the account lockout duration property because it is grayed out on the Windows 10 workstation. any ideas?thanks,Y...
  9. Win10 Bitlocker and Interactive logon: Machine account lockout?

Win10 Bitlocker and Interactive logon: Machine account lockout?: I am VERY confused - Please help. By setting up Full Drive Encryption on Win10 and 8 systems, with a BitLocker password, will that BitLocker password would be the same as the normal Windows user account password? On these OS systems there is a new Local Security Policy...
  10. Change Account Lockout Threshold for Local Accounts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Account Lockout Threshold for Local Accounts in Windows 10: How to: Change Account Lockout Threshold for Local Accounts in Windows 10 How to Change Account Lockout Threshold for Local Accounts in Windows 10 [img] Information The Reset account lockout counter after. Failed password attempts on workstations or member servers...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Interactive logon: Machine account lockout threshold