Windows 10: Interest in app compatibility Windows 8.1 RT application with Windows 10 ARM on Surface Pro X.

Discus and support Interest in app compatibility Windows 8.1 RT application with Windows 10 ARM on Surface Pro X. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm interest to buy the Surface Pro X (I call it SPX in this question) right now but I have little question about app compatibility. My application... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Neroroms, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Neroroms Win User

Interest in app compatibility Windows 8.1 RT application with Windows 10 ARM on Surface Pro X.

I'm interest to buy the Surface Pro X (I call it SPX in this question) right now but I have little question about app compatibility.

My application can run on x86 so I do not worry about using x86 emulator in SPX, but my app requirement is in the picture that I upload with this question.

Interest in app compatibility Windows 8.1 RT application with Windows 10 ARM on Surface Pro X. d3d5685c-b307-4032-85d3-534f0d9b98dc?upload=true.jpg If Windows 10 ARM can run this app with ARM architect, it will be great. But if not, that OK. I have an application that say their requirement is OS Windows 8.1, architect is x86, x64, ARM and they are in Microsoft store. Can it run with ARM native or need to use x32 bit emulator.

:)

Neroroms, Dec 13, 2019
  2. Dos101 Win User

Microsoft Surface with Windows 8 RT Priced, Starts at $499

The Windows RT Surface tablet is the ARM version, the Windows 8 Pro Surface tablet is the x86 version.

Dos101, Dec 13, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    Microsoft Surface with Windows 8 RT Priced, Starts at $499

Plus RT will have Office 2013 oob.

PCMAG posted a comparison table between Surface and iPad

Interest in app compatibility Windows 8.1 RT application with Windows 10 ARM on Surface Pro X. 361928-surface-with-windows-rt-vs-apple-ipad.jpg

Drone, Dec 13, 2019
  4. Interest in app compatibility Windows 8.1 RT application with Windows 10 ARM on Surface Pro X.

Microsoft Announces Surface: New Family of PCs for Windows

Windows 8 RT is no different than Windows Phone 7 or iOS in that all applications must be coded for it and are either preinstalled or obtained through Microsoft's Store:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/archive/...ndows-for-the-arm-processor-architecture.aspx

Windows 8 Pro will have all the benefits of Windows 7, at least as far as backwards compatibility and software availablity is concerned.

Said differently, Windows 8 Pro Surface competes with MacBook Air and Windows 8 RT Surface competes with iPad.

Edit: Caveat: Apparently Microsoft ported the .NET Framework to ARM so applications built for .NET could be recompiled (or already compiled for "Any CPU") to work on Windows 8 RT. At least that is my understanding of it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

Interest in app compatibility Windows 8.1 RT application with Windows 10 ARM on Surface Pro X.

1. Interest in app compatibility Windows 8.1 RT application with Windows 10 ARM on Surface Pro X. - Similar Threads - Interest app compatibility

2. Windows Surface Pro X ARM - Windows 11 Pro - Installing VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Surface Pro X ARM - Windows 11 Pro - Installing VirtualBox: VirtualBox www.virtualbox.org will not install on the ARM based Surface Pro X running Windows 11 Pro. Why is this? Windows 11 ARM supports 64bit applications so VirtualBox should run ok. Please advise....
  3. Windows Surface Pro X ARM - Windows 11 Pro - Installing VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Surface Pro X ARM - Windows 11 Pro - Installing VirtualBox: VirtualBox www.virtualbox.org will not install on the ARM based Surface Pro X running Windows 11 Pro. Why is this? Windows 11 ARM supports 64bit applications so VirtualBox should run ok. Please advise....
  4. Surface X pro - compatible printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface X pro - compatible printer: Hi I have a surface X pro, and I bought a canon printer Canon MF269dw but the driver doesn't install properly, I can not connect the printer with my surface, I need to print files, and scan, definitely a Laser Printer so who can recommend a compatible printerThanks...
  5. Surface X pro - compatible printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface X pro - compatible printer: Hi I have a surface X pro, and I bought a canon printer Canon MF269dw but the driver doesn't install properly, I can not connect the printer with my surface, I need to print files, and scan, definitely a Laser Printer so who can recommend a compatible printerThanks...
  6. Surface X pro - compatible printer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. upgrade surface rt to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade surface rt to windows 10?: Is it possible to upgrade surface rt to windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-surface-rt-to-windows-10/4f52ae5b-48a3-4643-83b4-ddd20b067e8a
  8. Universal Print now supports Windows 10 on ARM devices - Surface Pro X

in Windows 10 News
    Universal Print now supports Windows 10 on ARM devices - Surface Pro X: Universal Print now supports Windows 10 on ARM devices, such as Surface Pro X. As a modern, cloud-based print solution, Universal Print removes the need for on-premises print servers and enables endpoints to print to Azure AD-registered printers. Universal Print is the...
  9. Apple M1 runs Windows on ARM faster than the Surface Pro X

in Windows 10 News
    Apple M1 runs Windows on ARM faster than the Surface Pro X: Based on the new benchmarks, we can confidently say that Apple M1 processor is impressive and it currently runs Windows 10 faster than the processor that ships with Microsoft’s Surface Pro X lineup. Apple’s ARM-based M1 processor is currently available in the MacBook and Mac...
  10. Surface Pro X ARM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro X ARM: I just purchased a new Surface Pro X. G-Suite for Outlook does not work (if you can get it to install it does not synch). Also, Google Drive File Stream will not install. During the installation process it stops and says 'Installation Failed' and that's it. Any idea on...