Windows 10: Interesting Bug in Windows Phone Link When Using Dual SIM and Messaging Function

Discus and support Interesting Bug in Windows Phone Link When Using Dual SIM and Messaging Function in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; There is a bug regarding Dual SIM Messaging. Phone Link remembers the SIM you used for each conversation and defaults to that SIM for sending messages... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jazee2, Apr 19, 2023.

1. /u/jazee2 Win User

Interesting Bug in Windows Phone Link When Using Dual SIM and Messaging Function

There is a bug regarding Dual SIM Messaging.

Phone Link remembers the SIM you used for each conversation and defaults to that SIM for sending messages to the same recipients, that's great.

But, if you start a new conversation with a contact you have no previous conversations or a group message where the makeup of the group you are sending to has no previous conversations, then it displays the incorrect SIM while composing the message. Here's an exact example.

My Android (Samsung) phone, the default SIM is SIM1. But I'm only using it for data. I send all my SMS and MMS messages using SIM2 (my messaging app on my phone allows me to select which SIM and also specify a default SIM.) Phone Link does not have a setting to specify a default link.

However, in the message box and the icon to the right, it shows the phone number and SIM while you compose the message. If it's a new conversation, Phone Link defaults to SIM2 and shows the phone numbe in the message box for that SIM. But after I press send, it sends it via SIM1! It switches it right when I press send. Doh!

The problem with this issue is not a lot of phone users are using Dual SIM and even a small number of those are using Windows Phone Link so this is probably the first time anyone has reported the problem.

submitted by /u/jazee2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jazee2, Apr 19, 2023
  2. Brink Win User

Your Phone app Dual SIM support for messaging to Windows 10 Insiders

#WindowsInsiders we have started rollout of a new feature for #YourPhone - Dual SIM support for messaging! So if you have a phone with multiple SIM cards now you can send and receive messages from both of them from your PC.

Download: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/yo...e/9nmpj99vjbwv

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

Brink, Apr 19, 2023
  3. Brink Win User
    Your Phone app Dual SIM support for messaging to Windows 10 Insiders

#WindowsInsiders we have started rollout of a new feature for #YourPhone - Dual SIM support for messaging! So if you have a phone with multiple SIM cards now you can send and receive messages from both of them from your PC.

Download: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/yo...e/9nmpj99vjbwv

Brink, Apr 19, 2023
  4. Interesting Bug in Windows Phone Link When Using Dual SIM and Messaging Function

Dual SIM Lumia 650

I am a little confused about the Lumia 650 Dual SIM. Under the specifications for the 650 Dual SIM it is listed as

Connectivity basics
    • SIM card type: Nano SIM
    • Dual SIM: Smart Dual SIM

What are they talking about? The phone is able to use two Nano SIM cards?

What does Smart Dual SIM mean.

I am interested in buying a phone and using it in Italy with an Italian Nano SIM and in the U.S. with an American Nano SIM.

I have a cheap Italian flip phone with an Italian phone number now. It uses a SIM card.

Thank you,

TomS

ThomasSpero, Apr 19, 2023
Thema:

Interesting Bug in Windows Phone Link When Using Dual SIM and Messaging Function

1. Interesting Bug in Windows Phone Link When Using Dual SIM and Messaging Function - Similar Threads - Interesting Bug Phone

2. Using Dual Sim with Phone Link in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using Dual Sim with Phone Link in Windows: I have a Dual SIM setup with my phone for work and personal. Phone Link is a great application that I have started to use but I have been having quite a lot of bugs regarding having a dual sim setup. I can't seem to start new text messages or make calls to numbers that are...
  3. Using Dual Sim with Phone Link in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Dual Sim with Phone Link in Windows: I have a Dual SIM setup with my phone for work and personal. Phone Link is a great application that I have started to use but I have been having quite a lot of bugs regarding having a dual sim setup. I can't seem to start new text messages or make calls to numbers that are...
  4. Phone link messages

Phone link messages: Phone link : Is there any way to delete messages off the phone link app within Phone link? My phone was destroyed and I had to get a new one and so now I can't go back and delete the old messages off the destroyed phone and they are still on phone link....
  5. phone link no messages

phone link no messages: iphone 14 and phone link. I am not receiving text messages https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-link-no-messages/7cbb8534-ae73-442f-9c58-71e3256c959f
  6. phone link no messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    phone link no messages: iphone 14 and phone link. I am not receiving text messages https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-link-no-messages/7cbb8534-ae73-442f-9c58-71e3256c959f
  7. Phone Link and messages

Phone Link and messages: I installed Phone Link on my new Windows 11 computer yesterday. Phone Link and my iPhone are connected but I don't receive messages in Phone Link, although I can send them. I've had messages sent to me from both android and iPhones but that doesn't make any difference. Any...
  8. Windows Phone Link Has Bug With Dual SIM Support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Phone Link Has Bug With Dual SIM Support: There is a bug regarding Dual SIM Messaging.Phone Link remembers the SIM you used for each conversation and defaults to that SIM for sending messages to the same recipients, that's great.But, if you start a new conversation with a contact you have no previous conversations or...
  9. Windows Phone Link Has Bug With Dual SIM Support

Windows Phone Link Has Bug With Dual SIM Support: There is a bug regarding Dual SIM Messaging.Phone Link remembers the SIM you used for each conversation and defaults to that SIM for sending messages to the same recipients, that's great.But, if you start a new conversation with a contact you have no previous conversations or...
  10. Your Phone app Dual SIM support for messaging to Windows 10 Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Your Phone app Dual SIM support for messaging to Windows 10 Insiders: #WindowsInsiders we have started rollout of a new feature for #YourPhone - Dual SIM support for messaging! So if you have a phone with multiple SIM cards now you can send and receive messages from both of them from your PC. Download:...