Windows 10: Interesting problem with touchscreen

Discus and support Interesting problem with touchscreen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an Aspire E15 Touch (Aspire E5-571P). After a routine update last night (KB4533002 , KB4530684), my touchscreen stopped responding properly. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HiveMindHermit, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Interesting problem with touchscreen

I have an Aspire E15 Touch (Aspire E5-571P). After a routine update last night (KB4533002 , KB4530684), my touchscreen stopped responding properly. It works, but it doesn't drag continuously, or stay activated. This makes it virtually useless.

I thought it was a hardware issue at first, but system restore brought it back to normal. Also, it works fine for the first few seconds after starting the computer. It stops working properly shortly after.

Troubleshooting steps so far:

• Disable and enable driver
    • Uninstall and reinstall the driver (there was no option to rollback)
    • System restore (it worked) and reinstall updates (stopped working again)
    • Completely reinstalled Windows

After reinstalling Windows, it worked great. After updating it, the same problem appeared.

To make things more interesting, the driver page does not specify anything other than VGA drivers (three of them, full of bloatware).

If anyone has any ideas out there, I'm all ears.

submitted by /u/HiveMindHermit
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HiveMindHermit, Dec 12, 2019

2. why did my HP pavillions touchscreen stop working

Hi Linda,

There are several troubleshooting steps that we can undergo to identify what's causing the issue on your touchscreen. If you're using a Surface, you'll find the troubleshooting steps in this
    article. However, if you're using a different device, we suggest that you provide us the answers
    to these questions:

• Were there any changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • What is the brand and model of your device?
    • What do you mean by "touchscreen stop working"?
    • When did you start experiencing the issue?

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Dec 12, 2019
  3. paulski Win User
    Touchscreen monitor

Hi, I'm looking into buying a touchscreen monitor for use with a Dell Inspiron 660 desktop pc rnning Windows 8 in order to fully utilise the touchscreen facilities of Windows 8.
    I'm preliminary looking at the Iiyama T2250MTS or T2452MTS touchscreen monitors. Anyone had experience of these, do they fully work under Windows 8?
    Any other suggestions of monitors in the £200-£350 range?
    Thanks

paulski, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Interesting problem with touchscreen

Touchscreen stopped working -driver missing from laptop

Hi Julie,

There are several ways to resolve touchscreen issues such us updating the driver, installing available updates or downloading the driver from its manufacturer website. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the following questions:

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article:
    What to try if your touchscreen doesn't work

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Interesting problem with touchscreen

1. Interesting problem with touchscreen - Similar Threads - Interesting problem touchscreen

2. Problem with 2 touchscreens on pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with 2 touchscreens on pc: Hii,I use a pc with 2 touchscreen monitors. Everytime after a restart or reboot it only recognizes 1 touchscreen, the one that is set as the main screen. When I touch the 2nd screen it will move the pointer on the main screen. When i calibrate the screens in the control panel...
  3. Problem with the touchscreen and the pen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with the touchscreen and the pen.: So recently my friend purchased a Laptop that has touchscreen and a pen but while using it for about a hour the touchscreen and the pen stopped working. My friend tried every single solution that he found on the internet and now he tried to uninstall the HID - compliant...
  4. Problem with the touchscreen and the pen.

Problem with the touchscreen and the pen.: So recently my friend purchased a Laptop that has touchscreen and a pen but while using it for about a hour the touchscreen and the pen stopped working. My friend tried every single solution that he found on the internet and now he tried to uninstall the HID - compliant...
  5. Touchscreen problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchscreen problem: I have a dell laptop inspiron 5400 2-1, when I use the pen that came with it in specifically Microsoft edge for editing pdf, the touchscreen stop working and the pen does not work properly does not click on app icon when i try to click for example, this problem did not...
  6. Touchscreen problem

Touchscreen problem: I have a dell laptop inspiron 5400 2-1, when I use the pen that came with it in specifically Microsoft edge for editing pdf, the touchscreen stop working and the pen does not work properly does not click on app icon when i try to click for example, this problem did not...
  7. I have interesting problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have interesting problem: Recently tried to recover from my computer bsod repeatedly. I viewed dump file and decided to replace my 10 year old drive with new solid state and 1 TB WD black for data.I created media creation USB and installed windows 10 with my Microsoft login account. On solid state...
  8. Regarding problems with my touchscreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Regarding problems with my touchscreen: Hello, I use an Acer Swift 7 sf713-51 laptop, and the touchscreen doesn't work. I googled and and saw that the laptop is supposed to be touchscreen enabled, but the touchscreen is not working, unfortunately. I also went to Device Manager - Human Interface devices There I...
  9. touchscreen problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    touchscreen problem: I have an HP Zbook 15 g3 mobile workstation. Everything used to work just fine but it had a very old version of Windows 10 and I wanted to install the latest windows 10 pro. I performed a clean installation and not a single function in the laptop was working. I installed all...
  10. Interesting wifi problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Interesting wifi problem: When i run my laptop today, i realized that it isn't connected to wifi. I tried manually but it asks for password for 1 second after that says couldn't connect. I write my password to a notepad and coppied. At the 1 second that asks for password i pasted. Checked for...