Windows 10: Interesting quirk with Start -> Apps listing of Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Interesting quirk with Start -> Apps listing of Microsoft Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all - Please see this picture: [img] Look under Apps. I have Microsoft Edge listed under All Programs and Apps and I don't understand why it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Compumind, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Compumind Win User

Interesting quirk with Start -> Apps listing of Microsoft Edge

Hi all -

Please see this picture:

Interesting quirk with Start -> Apps listing of Microsoft Edge [​IMG]

Look under Apps.

I have Microsoft Edge listed under All Programs and Apps and I don't understand why it is also listed under Apps.
    Anyway, note the entry - the Icon is gone and just a stub is left.

Short of uninstalling and reinstalling Edge I would like to know three things:

1) Why is Edge listed under Apps in the first place?
    2) What has happened to it's Icon?
    3) How can I just remove that one Apps entry for Edge without affecting the entire install of Edge?

I still want Edge to be listed under Programs.

Rather than mess with removing packages, I thought to get some opinions first.

TIA! *Biggrin

:)

Compumind, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

Interesting quirk with Start -> Apps listing of Microsoft Edge

1. Interesting quirk with Start -> Apps listing of Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Interesting quirk Start

2. Microsoft Start/News and Interests

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Start/News and Interests: Why is the news feed consistently from sources that score very poorly for factual and less-biased reporting? I get that it should be 'balanced,' but that doesn't mean you need to rely on lackluster sources with poor ratings from non-partisan, award-winning media watchdog...
  3. Microsoft Start/News and Interests

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Start/News and Interests: Why is the news feed consistently from sources that score very poorly for factual and less-biased reporting? I get that it should be 'balanced,' but that doesn't mean you need to rely on lackluster sources with poor ratings from non-partisan, award-winning media watchdog...
  4. Microsoft Start/News and Interests

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft Edge Icon missing in app list

Microsoft Edge Icon missing in app list: Hi,Why do I get this bug even though I have Microsoft Edge Chromium installed? This is the screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-icon-missing-in-app-list/51e67b84-3a4b-4bfc-a499-52a52d28130d
  6. Remove default blue tile from Microsoft Edge on Start Menu app list

Remove default blue tile from Microsoft Edge on Start Menu app list: I was able to either uninstall the other apps with a default blue tile Camera, Calculator, Photos, Paint 3D..., or use a third-party software to change the colour, but with Microsoft Edge none of the methods worked. So I know that Microsoft Edge is near-impossible to...
  7. An interesting quirk about the way the Windows 10 Photos app handles CMYK images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An interesting quirk about the way the Windows 10 Photos app handles CMYK images: I've noticed something very peculiar about the manner in which the Photos app handles CMYK images. Now, it's important to note that CMYK images can vary wildly in how their colours are displayed, it all depends on the program viewing them. The weird thing about the Photos app...
  8. Remove microsoft apps from the start menus app list

Remove microsoft apps from the start menus app list: Windows 10 includes something like 23+ programs which aren't likely to be commonly used. In my experience it will often drown out apps that I actually use. It gets pretty frustrating when it takes around 30 seconds to find an app I need to open. Sometime I may not remember...
  9. Microsoft Edge will not start

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge will not start: When I click on Edge it shows the screen then closes..I looked in the event viewer and got this error message... Error Code -2147221165 This just started yesterday 15918
  10. Sleep Quirk

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Quirk: I left my machine running last night so it could finish copying files from my old drive to the new one. When I woke up this morning the power light was flashing, its sign it's in sleep mode, but the internal LEDs (GPU, CPU heatsink, etc.) were all still on and I couldn't wake...