Windows 10: Interesting Windows 10 bug...

Discus and support Interesting Windows 10 bug... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have the switch from Daylight Saving Time to regular Daylight Time as an event in my calendar, from 2am to 3am this morning, and this is, of course,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pirx, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Pirx Win User

Interesting Windows 10 bug...

I have the switch from Daylight Saving Time to regular Daylight Time as an event in my calendar, from 2am to 3am this morning, and this is, of course, how it shows up in my calendar (both in Calendar and Outlook). However, when I click on the taskbar clock it brings up an agenda that has this event pegged from 2pm to 3pm. Apparently some doofus forgot to distinguish between am and pm somehow. Oh well, typical for the kind of fit and finish to expect from Microsoft in general, and Windows 10 in particular. *Rolleyes

:)

Pirx, Nov 4, 2017

2. [ Interesting Bug : Nokia Lumia 610 ]

seems like a network problem....try using different operator's sim card and also the problem could be your area related.

donofworld, Nov 4, 2017
  3. [ Interesting Bug : Nokia Lumia 610 ]

I am also facing the same problem. I am using Vodafone connection and it does not seem to be a network problem or something. Its an issue with the handset. Its really frustrating when before accepting a call, the sound from other end starts echoing at speaker
    mode.Its embarrasing too. I am also facing some other issues like when i try to accept a call, sometimes screen gets unresponsive!! Touch doesnt work!! This is really irritating and not at all expected from NOKIA!!!

I just want to know if this is a kind of bug issue in LUMIA or problem with my handset!!

anusha_6739, Nov 4, 2017
  4. Interesting Windows 10 bug...

Mine has always switched automatically no matter what OS I have. Maybe I don't understand what or why you did anything.

stealth2920, Nov 4, 2017
  5. essenbe Win User
    @Pirx, a bug constitutes something that happens to all machines. Thus far yours is the only post I have seen of this happening. I also did not see any posts last week when the EU had their time change. Therefore it is obviously not a bug.

It is also not something wrong with Windows 10 or with Microsoft. Perhaps the "doofus" who messed it up does not work for Microsoft.

essenbe, Nov 4, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    I almost never use the event calendar on my computer, so whatever is in it is strictly built-in. Having not entered anything at all manually myself, my calendar shows end of Daylight Savings Time as an all day event today starting at 12:00 AM. I'm calling user error on whomever entered 2:00 pm to 3:00pm . The hours are not even correct. Daylight Savings Time ended at 02:00AM and which time the clock should be reset to 01:100 am. 3:00 am or pm has nothing to do with it.

NavyLCDR, Nov 4, 2017
  7. Pirx Win User
    Sorry guys, you completely misunderstood this: this has nothing whatsoever to do with the handling of the time change (which Windows does just fine; seriously, it can't be that completely unusable as to be unable to handle a crucial feature of that magnitude). The issue is that a calendar event, any calendar event, that has been entered for the time between 2 and 3am is shown in agenda as occurring in the afternoon between 2 and 3pm. And, no, it is completely irrelevant what that event is for, or if the user timed the event right, or anything of that sort. I could have an event labeled "gobbledeegook" in there, and the exact same thing would have happened. Hope this helps...

Whoah, there's some creative logic there... See above. This is about the handling of certain calendar events, not about the time change.

It's most definitely a bug in Windows 10. Feel free to give it a try.

Pirx, Nov 4, 2017
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Yes, that does clarify. I can't verify, but it would seem to me like Windows should not adjust any event time on the calendar. If I put a meeting in for 3:00PM - to me that means 3:00PM and when the actual clock hits 3:00pm that's when the meeting occurs. If I scheduled that meeting for today at 3:00pm two weeks ago, it should be the naturally inferred intent that it occurs when the clock hits 3:00PM today regardless of the stupid adjustment back one hour that occurred at 2:00am.

I'll set an event now for 2:30am in the spring and see if the whole system crashes when the clock skips from 2:00am to 3:00 am Interesting Windows 10 bug... :). All that SHOULD happen is at 1:00 am the system says you have an invent in 1/2 hour. Then the next minute at 3:00 am it should say your event happened 1/2 hour ago.

NavyLCDR, Nov 4, 2017
  9. Pirx Win User
    That's an interesting point, too: Both Outlook and Mail continue to show the event occurring from 2-3am. The Calendar app on my iPhone, on the other hand, now shows this as occurring from 1-2am. Which one is "the right way" may be debatable.

Pirx, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Interesting Windows 10 bug... - Similar Threads - Interesting bug

2. Windows 11 News and Interest Widget - how to change speed of the news tiles?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 News and Interest Widget - how to change speed of the news tiles?: I'm on windows 11. i like the weather icon on the taskbar. When I click on it, it shows a full screen of weather and tiles that link to news and ugh ads. However, the news tiles refresh way too quickly before I'm able to read through them. Is there any way to change or...
  3. Interesting bug in Microsoft's Phone Link app: It only makes calls with SIM1 and I CANNOT...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Interesting bug in Microsoft's Phone Link app: It only makes calls with SIM1 and I CANNOT...: Hi there.I'm enjoying using MS Phone Link on my Windows 11 but There is a Problem :I am not able to make my calls with other sim card, when I'm texting I have this ability but there is non in calling I only have 1 call button that makes the calls with my first simFYI: I Have...
  4. Interesting bug in Microsoft's Phone Link app: It only makes calls with SIM1 and I CANNOT...

Interesting bug in Microsoft's Phone Link app: It only makes calls with SIM1 and I CANNOT...: Hi there.I'm enjoying using MS Phone Link on my Windows 11 but There is a Problem :I am not able to make my calls with other sim card, when I'm texting I have this ability but there is non in calling I only have 1 call button that makes the calls with my first simFYI: I Have...
  5. Interesting Bug in Windows Phone Link When Using Dual SIM and Messaging Function

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Interesting Bug in Windows Phone Link When Using Dual SIM and Messaging Function: There is a bug regarding Dual SIM Messaging. Phone Link remembers the SIM you used for each conversation and defaults to that SIM for sending messages to the same recipients, that's great. But, if you start a new conversation with a contact you have no previous...
  6. Weird bug in news and interests. When I hold down the dpi shift button on my mouse and move...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird bug in news and interests. When I hold down the dpi shift button on my mouse and move...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/WehshiHaiwan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/zrsxav/weird_bug_in_news_and_interests_when_i_hold_down/
  7. Interesting UI bug where Windows 11 network settings don't sync with Control Panel Network...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Interesting UI bug where Windows 11 network settings don't sync with Control Panel Network...: Hi All,This really doesn't help us IT Admins, but Windows 11 Settings doesn't sync back to the IPv4 settings in Control Panel > Network Settings > Properties > IPv4 Properties.This could cause confusion when trying to set statics for IP assignments or DNS servers as a typical...
  8. Interesting UI bug where Windows 11 network settings don't sync with Control Panel Network...

Interesting UI bug where Windows 11 network settings don't sync with Control Panel Network...: Hi All,This really doesn't help us IT Admins, but Windows 11 Settings doesn't sync back to the IPv4 settings in Control Panel > Network Settings > Properties > IPv4 Properties.This could cause confusion when trying to set statics for IP assignments or DNS servers as a typical...
  9. New Windows 10 bug: News and Interests button may have blurry text

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 bug: News and Interests button may have blurry text: Microsoft confirmed that the News and Interests button may be blurry on some devices on the Windows taskbar. The company added a new known issue to the health dashboard of the recently released Windows 10 version 21H1 operating system version. News and Interest is a...
  10. news - Interest in taskbar, bug with open tray iscons

in Windows 10 Support
    news - Interest in taskbar, bug with open tray iscons: Did an update, and got the news - weather icon. Seems it overlaps the arrow for tray icons. Is there a simple fix, or just disable that news thing? build 21H1 180522