Windows 10: Interface anomalies / odd looking graphics card driver file details - concerned about malware

Discus and support Interface anomalies / odd looking graphics card driver file details - concerned about malware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Fairly frequently I have observed the window border of Device Manager (and Disk Management) changes slightly maybe 20-20 seconds after launch. I gets... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dropBearSYD, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Interface anomalies / odd looking graphics card driver file details - concerned about malware

Fairly frequently I have observed the window border of Device Manager (and Disk Management) changes slightly maybe 20-20 seconds after launch. I gets slightly thicker and appears "sunken".

I haven't seen this behaviour in any other apps.

I suppose it could be a graphics drivers problem (AMD Radeon HD 5450) but I've been a bit paranoid for a while now about a possible rootkit infection and wondered if the interface appearance anomaly indicates the operation of some kind of remote monitoring utility.

Come to think of it just checking the Driver File Details of the graphics card makes me a feel a little uneasy ("Unknown"?)

Windows 10 Pro x64 - version 1803 build 17134.1006 on an HP 6200 microtower. Screenshots below.

I do dual boot this computer with Ubuntu 16.04.5 and regularly switch between the two.

Having been designed for Windows 7 unfortunately even the latest HP BIOS update for this PC (00.02.33 Rev.A) whilst supporting UEFI doesn't have secure boot.

Interface anomalies / odd looking graphics card driver file details - concerned about malware 210a66cd-02eb-45ad-9ee8-d6f90e826400?upload=true.png

Interface anomalies / odd looking graphics card driver file details - concerned about malware 392c55fd-612b-435d-ad31-92d321c33afa?upload=true.jpg

:)

dropBearSYD, Sep 27, 2019

2. Cannot find enough free resources to run graphics card after windows 10 update

Hi Tom,

It's odd that the update causes an issue with the graphic cards on your computer. The compatibility of your driver could be the culprit here. We suggest that you update your graphic cards driver in Device manager. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Click the Start menu, then search for Device Manager.
    • Expand the cate3gory for your graphic card/s, then right-click on it and choose
      Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab, then click on Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

Note: If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the manufacturer's website of your graphic card.

Carlos Tin, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Interface anomalies / odd looking graphics card driver file details - concerned about malware

Intel Graphic Driver Update

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• What exactly happens when you launch the game?
    • Do you get any error message?

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

Interface anomalies / odd looking graphics card driver file details - concerned about malware

1. Interface anomalies / odd looking graphics card driver file details - concerned about malware - Similar Threads - Interface anomalies odd

2. Look at details for questions it’s about bios

in Windows 10 Customization
    Look at details for questions it’s about bios: I really need help when I hold shift and click on restart then click advanced options then click UEFI Firmware Settings it doesn’t send me into bios instead it sends me into a page asking to select a language I click English then click the only other button reset and it just...
  3. Look at details for questions it’s about bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Look at details for questions it’s about bios: I really need help when I hold shift and click on restart then click advanced options then click UEFI Firmware Settings it doesn’t send me into bios instead it sends me into a page asking to select a language I click English then click the only other button reset and it just...
  4. Look at details for questions it’s about bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. graphics card drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    graphics card drivers: after upgrading to windows 10 my computer says it has no drivers for my graphics card.It is not a clean install only an upgrade and the card worked before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-card-drivers/abf546cf-45d7-4508-90c8-e3c5f00d6543
  6. Odd looking file icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd looking file icon: Anyone know what the 2 wee squares mean ? 161826
  7. Graphic Card Drivers

Graphic Card Drivers: Following various Windows 10 updates and with the last update 1809 I am having problems due to the fact that the Graphic Card drivers are not compatible with a video editing program. My Graphics Card is INTEL HD 530 and after the 1809 update it changed the driver to...
  8. Graphics card driver

Graphics card driver: I have recently gotten a new graphics card (Sapphire pulse RX570 8GB) for my computer. when I plugged the graphics card in and started my computer I downloaded the driver from the driver disc and restarted my computer. when I checked the device manager and checked the...
  9. White box around icons on taskbar and odd looking interfaces

in Windows 10 Customization
    White box around icons on taskbar and odd looking interfaces: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] These are two snips i took of my computer's interfce, it looks very off now, i turned it off on friday and when i turned it on today everything looks bad. my desktop and lock screen image was reset and there are white boarders around almost every icon....
  10. Looking for a graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Looking for a graphics card: Hi, I'm working with an HP Elite 8000 SFF, E8400 running on Win 10 pro 64bit. I'm looking for a half-height video card, preferably a silent one that actually runs on win 10. Can someone give me some advice? I'm not a gamer, so I don't need a gaming card and I'd like to...