Windows 10: Interfacing Windows 10 and Vending Machine Via Virtual COM Port Universal Serial Bus - USB...

Discus and support Interfacing Windows 10 and Vending Machine Via Virtual COM Port Universal Serial Bus - USB... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've disconnected the MDB cable from the first MDB port MDB1 and connected it to MDB2 on the vending machine. I contacted our vending machine supplier... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Craig Hoy, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Craig Hoy Win User

Interfacing Windows 10 and Vending Machine Via Virtual COM Port Universal Serial Bus - USB...

I've disconnected the MDB cable from the first MDB port MDB1 and connected it to MDB2 on the vending machine. I contacted our vending machine supplier Benleigh Vending and they stated that the switching of connections should be automatic but I can't seem to get a reply from MDB2 when I send a signal from my PC application which is sent from an application using RS232 USB Virtual COM Port COM7 port to the MDB port on the vending machine. I chose the MDB2 port on the vending machine as MDB1 caused issues with the vending machine operations and the PC running Windows 10 Professional. I searched for a switch on the motherboard but couldn't find one. I'm wondering what I should do?

:)

Craig Hoy, Apr 14, 2021

2. universal serial bus

the part in device manager I am not seeing universal serial bus on the list or other devices

I have 2.0 usb ports and recently updated to win 10 from 7

idk why it will charge device like my phone but doesn't pop up also idk if its the ports or cables
    Interfacing Windows 10 and Vending Machine Via Virtual COM Port Universal Serial Bus - USB... cb34ffb9-a691-4437-89ea-5222d1b9c06d?upload=true.png

confusedgameridkidk, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Error code 43 Universal Serial Bus port issue Windows 10.

Hi Hector,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community and for your interest in Windows 10.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I'd be glad to help you.

A Code 43 error is created, when the Device Manager stops a hardware device, because the hardware reported to Windows that it's having some kind of unspecified problem.

Please follow these methods, mentioned below, to resolve the issue:

Method 1:

You may also update the Universal Serial Bus controllers driver from Device Manager manually and check, if this helps.

•Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

•Expand “Universal Serial Bus controllers ”.

•Right click on the Universal Serial Bus controllers drivers and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check, if it works.

If the issue still persists, follow the Method 2.

Method 2:

Uninstall and reinstall the Universal Serial Bus controllers driver and check, if it works. Refer to the following steps to uninstall the Universal Serial Bus controllers driver from the Device Manager.

a. Click on Windows key + X key and then, select Device Manager.

b. Locate and expand “Universal Serial Bus controllers” in the Device Manager Window.

c. Right-click on the “Universal Serial Bus controllers” and click on “uninstall".

d. Restart the computer and check, if it works.

If the issue still persists, follow the Method 3.

Method 3:

Install the latest Universal Serial Bus controllers driver in Compatibility mode:

I suggest you to download the latest Universal Serial Bus controllers driver from manufacture's website and install it in compatibility mode.

1. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
    Properties

2. Select Compatibility Tab.

3. Place a check mark next to Run this program in
    Compatibility Mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.

4. Let the driver to install and then, check the functionality.

If the issue still persists, follow the Method 4.

Method 4:

Install the latest Chipset Driver from the manufacturer’s website.

Go to the manufacturer’s website, download and install the latest chipset drivers.

You can also refer to the following Microsoft article for more information.

Install USB 3.0 and other USB devices.

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Note: applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Apr 14, 2021
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

Interfacing Windows 10 and Vending Machine Via Virtual COM Port Universal Serial Bus - USB...

Toshiba Satellite c850 usb ports not working

Hi,

I suggest you to try updating the Universal Serial Bus Controller associated with the USB port and check if it helps.

To update the drivers from device manager follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.

• Right click on the driver and select Update.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Interfacing Windows 10 and Vending Machine Via Virtual COM Port Universal Serial Bus - USB... - Similar Threads - Interfacing Vending Machine

2. Universal Serial Bus USB Controller drivers are missing, thunderbolt port does not work at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Universal Serial Bus USB Controller drivers are missing, thunderbolt port does not work at...: I got this laptop Asus TUF F17 FX707ZM around December of 2022. It was working great. It came with Windows 11 but I had to swap SSDs so I installed Windows 10. Ever since, I've had this issue where the Thunderbolt port does not work. I tried fixing it a while ago, reset...
  3. Universal Serial Bus USB Controller drivers are missing, thunderbolt port does not work at...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Universal Serial Bus USB Controller drivers are missing, thunderbolt port does not work at...: I got this laptop Asus TUF F17 FX707ZM around December of 2022. It was working great. It came with Windows 11 but I had to swap SSDs so I installed Windows 10. Ever since, I've had this issue where the Thunderbolt port does not work. I tried fixing it a while ago, reset...
  4. Universal Serial Bus USB Controller drivers are missing, thunderbolt port does not work at...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Universal Serial Bus controllers issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Universal Serial Bus controllers issue: Running Windows 10 Pro v. 20H2Did an update this morning. After update one of my USB mass Storage devices is not working. I have no USB storage devices connected to my computer. The device constantly tries to automatically connect itself, then disconnects. Over and over and...
  6. Universal Serial Bus controllers issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Universal Serial Bus controllers issue: Running Windows 10 Pro v. 20H2Did an update this morning. After update one of my USB mass Storage devices is not working. I have no USB storage devices connected to my computer. The device constantly tries to automatically connect itself, then disconnects. Over and over and...
  7. Universal Serial Bus controllers issue

8. universal serial bus

universal serial bus: the part in device manager I am not seeing universal serial bus on the list or other devices I have 2.0 usb ports and recently updated to win 10 from 7 idk why it will charge device like my phone but doesn't pop up also idk if its the ports or cables[ATTACH]...
  9. Universal Serial Bus controller

Universal Serial Bus controller: Unable to connect USB flash drive or USB mouse, Keyboard [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/universal-serial-bus-controller/68964f0c-d0f5-4273-a3df-646b63954c1b
  10. Serial com ports.

Serial com ports.: I am trying to use a USB-RS232 lead on my laptop. I cannot create any COM ports and none are there by default. If I try this on my desktop it works perfectly. When trying to create a COM port I get an invalid parameter error and the creation fails Windows 10 Home...