Windows 10: Interlacing-like flicker in web browsers

Discus and support Interlacing-like flicker in web browsers in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Here's what it looks like at it's worst: https://youtu.be/fc_FQPJ6sJE I say interlacing-like since whenever I look up "flicker in windows 10" all that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fredflintstone124, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Interlacing-like flicker in web browsers

Here's what it looks like at it's worst: https://youtu.be/fc_FQPJ6sJE

I say interlacing-like since whenever I look up "flicker in windows 10" all that comes up is tabs disappearing and such, which is not what is happening.

I only notice this in web browsers or web-based apps like the Steam launcher, but I never notice it otherwise unless I take a screenshot of when it is happening.

It only seems to happen on fill-in areas when something is loading, backgrounds for websites, and certain color gradients, but if I zoom in on the gradient, for example, the flickering stops.

I am not sure why this happens, but I hope someone can help me troubleshoot it.

Running the newest version of Windows 10 on a Lenovo IdeaPad 3 with a Core-i5 1035G1 processor with Intel UHD Graphics G1. The computer motherboard is 81WE.

Edit: Also, might I add that it only affects the parts of the screen displaying the parts that seem to cause the flicker.

submitted by /u/fredflintstone124
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fredflintstone124, Jan 22, 2021
  2. Castiel Win User

Web browsers

Thats not a lot of options. I would only suggest Internet Explorer or Opera. If you are looking for simplicity then IE I guess, but Opera seems like they are making their browser look more like Chrome or the new Firefox.

Castiel, Jan 22, 2021
  3. A Faster Web Browser for Windows 10?

Hi,

You always have the option to use other browsers, however I strongly suggest that you use Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer because of the newer features. To address your issue we are going to enable your Flash Player Plugin. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click the "..." button on the upper right corner of your Edge browser.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Under Advanced settings section, click the View advanced settings button.
    • Locate the Use Adobe Flash Player section and toggle the switch on to enable Adobe Flash Player.
    • Refresh your web page or open a new browser tab.
    Let's see how it behaves.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Jan 22, 2021
  4. SUI
    Sui Win User

Interlacing-like flicker in web browsers

Screen starts to flicker after logging in for a while

Hello

This is an entirely new issue. My screen starts to flicker after logging in/turning on computer for a while, and/or if I launch an app that uses my Nvidia card (my laptop has Optimus), I'm not exactly sure which of these two causes it. For the first while after a restart, the screen appears fine. The flickering appears on desktop background + internet browser as well, so I'm pretty sure it's not a program compatibility issue. The flickering is not severe (the type that looks like horizontal bars sliding up) but it's an annoyance.

Tried:

• Disabling Windows error reporting + problem reporting service in msconfig
    • Restart computer
    • Resetting Nvidia global settings to default in Nvidia control panel
    • Checking for display drive updates in device manager (all up to date)
    • Checking monitor refresh rate (60Hz, can't be changed)

Laptop I'm using:

• i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz
    • 1900x1080
    • Intel HD 4600 + Nvidia GT750M

Thanks for suggestions.

Thema:

Interlacing-like flicker in web browsers

1. Interlacing-like flicker in web browsers - Similar Threads - Interlacing flicker web

2. web browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    web browser: Hi Why am i receiving a notice from AMAZON a generic web browser is trying to log in always use the same browser cant login? Thank you TIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-browser/bc06573a-e360-4e58-b3b0-4ca569db7c04
  3. web browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    web browser: Hi Why am i receiving a notice from AMAZON a generic web browser is trying to log in always use the same browser cant login? Thank you TIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-browser/bc06573a-e360-4e58-b3b0-4ca569db7c04
  4. web browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Glitches on web browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Glitches on web browser: Hi,I had this problem for a few days, and it doesn't seem to go away. When there are pictures on the screen, sometimes they're all glitched. It can appear on any website, it's even there when I look at my google photos. I included some screenshots to give you an idea.Hope...
  6. Browser Screen Flickering

in Windows 10 Customization
    Browser Screen Flickering: So, i have this strange problem that i dont know how to fix it. The problem is like this -I open a browser i try on chrome and edge, if i only use the browser, it wont flicker - i open a browser, and then i use discord or any app that isn't in a fullscreen then i minimized...
  7. Screen flickers and goes black when using any web browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen flickers and goes black when using any web browser: Ok, new computer, i9 10900K processor, ASUS prime Z490 board, GEFORCE 3080, Windows Pro OS. I keep getting a flickering black screen when I open any internet browser have tried Opera, IE, Edge, and Google. I've reinstalled my OS, updated video drivers several times, and...
  8. Web browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web browser: When I open Chrome which is my default web browser I am getting a different browser layered on top of it called New Radio Cast. I don't know what I did to add it, I am guessing that it is an add on extension, I don't want it and I can't figure out how to delete it. It...
  9. Web browser.

Web browser.: So on 4/6/20 I was downloading something online and it downloaded a web browser that i could not get rid of. So I uninstalled the app and problem solved, Then I ran a full virus scan and it came beck good. But then today I notice the app is back so i imedantly run a virus...
  10. Encrypt web browser

Encrypt web browser: I want to delete the encrypt web browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encrypt-web-browser/d7349cbb-9672-4bd7-8d1a-48eabf0bc7ac