Windows 10: Intermediate BSODs when shutting down/restart/sleep/hibernate computer

Discus and support Intermediate BSODs when shutting down/restart/sleep/hibernate computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've started getting these a while ago but turning of power management helped then. Now it's much more frequent. For me it seems to be related to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by das, Oct 22, 2018.

1. DAS
    das Win User

Intermediate BSODs when shutting down/restart/sleep/hibernate computer

I've started getting these a while ago but turning of power management helped then.
    Now it's much more frequent.

For me it seems to be related to my wifi adapter or driver. Sometimes the wifi just dies and at reboot there's a BSOD.
    I've tried uninstalling the device and driver.
    I've tried with the latest HP driver.
    I've tried with the latest Intel driver.

:)

2. claylomax Win User

Shutting down, hibernating, or sleeping?

Speaking of ... I just built a new PC with an AMD Kaveri and Windows 7 64 and the option sleep is greyed out, I get shut down and hibernate; it's funny, on my PC (see specs) I get sleep and shut down not hibernate. I tried the bios but I'm clueless. Any ideas?

claylomax, Oct 22, 2018
  3. Aquinus Win User

When sleep is grayed out it probably means that you're missing a driver required to do it or rather a device is incapable of going to sleep, but more often than not it's drivers that haven't been installed. I would make sure you're not missing any chipset or something.

Aquinus, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Intermediate BSODs when shutting down/restart/sleep/hibernate computer

I have always shut down my own machines every night (even during the day if I know I will be gone). I haven't encountered any issues besides a little boredom as it boots up in the morning.

Sleep and hibernation states have improved over the years but sleep has killed a lot of older computers (circa 2000). I have found that hard drives and power supplies tend to last the longest in computers that aren't running when necessary.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

Intermediate BSODs when shutting down/restart/sleep/hibernate computer

1. Intermediate BSODs when shutting down/restart/sleep/hibernate computer - Similar Threads - Intermediate BSODs shutting

2. Computer won't sleep, hibernate, nor shut down.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't sleep, hibernate, nor shut down.: I encountered a bugcheck, and ever since then, my computer won't sleep, hibernate, nor shut down. Any attempts to pause the operation of the computer shows the login screen after a couple seconds of turning the monitor off.Before the bugcheck, pressing the power button...
  3. Computer shuts down instead of sleep/hibernation.

Computer shuts down instead of sleep/hibernation.: Greetings, everyone! <3 I know there had been threads on this topic, but none of those helped me. Here are my PC specs mind you it's PC, not a laptop: Processor: AMD A6-9500 RADEON R4+5, 8 COMPUTE CORES 2C+6G 3.50 GHz RAM: 4 GB Hard: 120 GB SSD System type: 64-bit...
  4. Extra space below Sleep, Hibernate, Shut down, and Restart?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extra space below Sleep, Hibernate, Shut down, and Restart?: https://i.imgur.com/hDcAOOz.png Has anyone ever seen this before? There's like an extra space below restart almost like there would be another entry but it's blank. After a while it will go away but it always comes back. Does anyone know the cause of this? Small yet...
  5. Sleep, Hibernate & Shut down issue

Sleep, Hibernate & Shut down issue: Hello, Recently I had replaced new battery and Hard disk for my laptop(HP Pavilion p045tx notebook, 4th i7, 8 GB/1 TB). Then Changed the OS to windows 10 instead of previous 8.1. Till then, the laptop is facing issues with sleep, hibernate & shut down functions. When I...
  6. BSOD on restart and PC shuts down when it's supposed to go to sleep

BSOD on restart and PC shuts down when it's supposed to go to sleep: Hey everyone, I have lately been having a couple of minor problems on my PC: 1) Whenever I try to restart my PC, I encounter the BSOD "System thread exception not handled." I have looked for help online already, but the suggestions of making sure all my device...
  7. BSOD when Sleeping, Restarting or shutting down, page_fault_in_non...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when Sleeping, Restarting or shutting down, page_fault_in_non...: A couple days ago when normally putting my PC to sleep at night it restarted. I then tried to put it to sleep again and watched as the screen went black and the pc just sat there on for like 10 seconds then began the process of rebooting. The next day when i was using my pc...
  8. Disable Shut Down, Restart, Sleep, and Hibernate in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Disable Shut Down, Restart, Sleep, and Hibernate in Windows 10: How to: Disable Shut Down, Restart, Sleep, and Hibernate in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Shut Down, Restart, Sleep, and Hibernate in Power Menu in Windows 10 The Power menu in Windows 10 can allow users to restart the PC without having to sign in to Windows....
  9. Windows will not shut down, hibernate or sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows will not shut down, hibernate or sleep: I had problem dual booting win7 and win10. After many attempts I was able to dual boot. But in the process, I deleted "system reserved" partition. So windows want start. I performed start up repair and it solved the problem. After that I reinstalled win7 ultimate which...
  10. Sleep vs. Hibernate vs. Shut Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep vs. Hibernate vs. Shut Down: [Note: I am running Windows 10 on the new Retina MacBook via Boot Camp] I've been a Windows user for 20 years so I know the differences between each of these. But in Windows 10 I am experiencing significant battery drains that are not consistent with the performance from...