Windows 10: Intermitant blue screen with moving cursor after login?

Discus and support Intermitant blue screen with moving cursor after login? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've got a Windows 10 Home computer (has pretty much all the most recent updates) that has three users each with their own profile and it's been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NormAtHome, May 21, 2020.

1. Intermitant blue screen with moving cursor after login?

I've got a Windows 10 Home computer (has pretty much all the most recent updates) that has three users each with their own profile and it's been working fine for years and all of a sudden it's having a problem where any one of the users will turn it on and login and instead of getting the desktop they get a blue screen and they're able to move the mouse cursor but no matter how long they let it sit they never get the desktop. If they press the power button and let it turn itself off and turn it back on and they login it will often go to the desktop the second time around but it's getting very annoying.

So far I was able to run "Chkdsk /f /r" and it seems to have passed fine; I also ran dism and checked the existing installation and everything again passed; I also ran sfc /scannow and it did say that some problems were fixed but it didn't help this problem. I also ran a full system virus scan with Eset and also Malwarebytes and both scans came back clean.

Does anyone have an idea what's causing this problem and how to fix it?

:)

NormAtHome, May 21, 2020

2. Cursor moves but I cannot type!

Hi,

Are you able to enter using the On-screen keyboard? If you haven't tried yet, follow the below steps and check.

• When you're on login screen, click on Ease of Access
      at bottom right and select On-Screen Keyboard from the list.
    • Then use you cursor to type the password with
      On-Screen Keyboard.
    • Before clicking the login, press the eye symbol
      (I.e. Reveal Password) option in the password field, to see the password is correct.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to continue assisting you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, May 21, 2020
  3. Roan T Win User
    Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, May 21, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Intermitant blue screen with moving cursor after login?

Blue Screen Of Death - Why does this one happen?

Hi,

A blue screen error or stop error usually means that the computer encountered some corruption. For us to isolate the issue, we need additional information:

• Did you perform any changes prior to the issue?
    • Is the computer still able to go to the login screen or is it already stuck on the blue screen?

In the meantime, we suggest checking and following the steps on this article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    . It has information on why you've encounter this issue and it provide appropriate
    steps on how to fix it. Kindly choose the option based on when you've received the error.

We'll wait for your response.

Mayra Aqu, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Intermitant blue screen with moving cursor after login?

1. Intermitant blue screen with moving cursor after login? - Similar Threads - Intermitant blue screen

2. Blank Screen with Cursor after Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Screen with Cursor after Login: I just installed the most recent cumulative update for Microsoft Windows 10 on my laptop late last week. Since that time, whenever I login it dumps me onto a blank screen with no desktop icons or taskbar, but there is a cursor, and I can run chrome and probably other apps...
  3. Blank Screen with Cursor after Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank Screen with Cursor after Login: I just installed the most recent cumulative update for Microsoft Windows 10 on my laptop late last week. Since that time, whenever I login it dumps me onto a blank screen with no desktop icons or taskbar, but there is a cursor, and I can run chrome and probably other apps...
  4. Blank Screen with Cursor after Login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen with cursor after login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen with cursor after login: When I logged in to my windows 10, I saw a black screen with movable cursor so I tried a lots of fixes but it didn't work for me. At last I tried to restart my graphics driver by pressing windows key ± Ctrl + shift +B , it started working normally but when I shutdowned my PC...
  6. Blank screen with cursor after login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank screen with cursor after login: Hi all, I'm having a total nightmare and I'm hoping someone can suggest a fix. My main windows account seems to be very broken, when I try to log in I just get a black screen with a cursor. Ctrl + Alt + Del works but if I select task manager I get an hour glass briefly then...
  7. Black screen with cursor after login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with cursor after login: Whenever I login to my account it just immediately goes to a black screen and I can see my cursor but not my desktop. I have tried so many different things but none of them seem to work. Does anybody know anything about this or how to fix it? submitted by /u/ZappyspiderYT...
  8. Black screen with cursor after login?

Black screen with cursor after login?: So, I purchased a (nearly new) laptop from someone recently, and started it up to find that the taskbar didn't want to respond to my mouse. A website suggested I use the task manager to End Task the Windows Explorer and, like a Fool, I did. Now, the screen's black (though I...
  9. Black Screen with cursor after login

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen with cursor after login: Good day, I really hope someone could guide me to a solution. I have a fairly new Dell G5, with a SSD running the OS (Win 10 home), and important apps. Everytime I restart, or shut down or any form of normal boot up, the Notebook starts quickly, up to the login screen. After...
  10. black screen with cursor after login

black screen with cursor after login: i tried everything below to fix the issue: the condition of my pc is can't acces any type of short keys, can't acces win+r, task manager didn't show up when clicked. just ctrl+alt+del for restart and turn off. -creating md backup on cmd but can't CD regback -sytem...