Windows 10: Intermittant Suttering/Freezing after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Discus and support Intermittant Suttering/Freezing after Windows 10 Anniversary Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, all! So, I have been having a very annoying issue with my computer ever since Windows updated my PC to the 10 Anniversary version.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Docilemouse, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Intermittant Suttering/Freezing after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Hello, all!

So, I have been having a very annoying issue with my computer ever since Windows updated my PC to the 10 Anniversary version.

Basically, there is a short stutter that occurs seemingly randomly at any time. It totally freezes the computer, which causes inputs like keystrokes to be missed, and more notably, causes whatever sound is playing to buzz for the duration of the stutter. It also completely misses any recorded sound during the affected period, creating holes/cuts in the recorded audio. Very Annoying. Sometimes this stutter will happen as many as 3 times in 20 seconds, or it can be absent for more than 20 minutes at a time.

I have been trying to mess around with settings and stuff in the task manager, disabled many startup programs, and tried many suggestions for similar sounding problems, but no luck yet. The only thing I've found that seemed to have an effect on the issue is totally powering off my router. While using the computer in this state, none of the freezes/stutters happened. This makes me think that some internet-related service could be to blame.

Another notable symptom is that, when looking at the "Performance > Memory" tab on the task manager, there is a sudden spike or drop in the memory usage when the issue occurs.

Intermittant Suttering/Freezing after Windows 10 Anniversary Update [​IMG]

I tried to identify a program that could be starting up or closing in those instances, but couldn't do so. Sometimes it appeared that a heavy program like Firefox began using more/less memory after the stutter.

I hope that's enough information to help me out. I never had this problem before the update, so it has to be connected. Some people have told me to 'change my memory settings.' But they never tell me what to change them to!

Thanks for reading, and have a great day!

:)

Docilemouse, Jan 23, 2017
  2. BobnTN Win User

After Anniversary update, PC maxes out HDD

After Anniversary update, pc maxes out HDD intermittently for a few seconds up to a few minutes and at no certain task or time.

This of course, freezes the pc from any activity until the HDD light goes out.

Started immediately after update.

Tried to revert back from update but said needed files not found.

BobnTN, Jan 23, 2017
  3. Raymond Ave, Jan 23, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Intermittant Suttering/Freezing after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Hi you might want to try a tool called LatencyMon.

There are extensive threads on stutter, mostly about audio stutter as I recall- feel free to see if there's anything helpful there-simpy search the forum for
    stutter
    where you will find references to that tool.

dalchina, Jan 25, 2017
Thema:

Intermittant Suttering/Freezing after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

1. Intermittant Suttering/Freezing after Windows 10 Anniversary Update - Similar Threads - Intermittant Suttering Freezing

2. intermittent freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    intermittent freezing: Because my computer had become very slow I recently performed a complete re-install of Windows, Office 365 and Photoshop. I deleted unwanted data files and performed defrag. No other software was installed. This seemed to work initially. However, over about a week problems...
  3. intermittent freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    intermittent freezing: Because my computer had become very slow I recently performed a complete re-install of Windows, Office 365 and Photoshop. I deleted unwanted data files and performed defrag. No other software was installed. This seemed to work initially. However, over about a week problems...
  4. windows 10/11 suttering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10/11 suttering: I have had an issue with windows 10 where once every couple of hours sometimes more frequent windows stutters for about a second or two. When this happens, the screen and the audio lags until it fixes itself again. I have upgraded to windows 11 and this issue is still there...
  5. windows 10/11 suttering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10/11 suttering: I have had an issue with windows 10 where once every couple of hours sometimes more frequent windows stutters for about a second or two. When this happens, the screen and the audio lags until it fixes itself again. I have upgraded to windows 11 and this issue is still there...
  6. Intermittent Freezing of Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intermittent Freezing of Windows 10: I bought a new laptop a few months ago, and I'm having an intermittent problem that I'm trying to stop. It usually occurs when I have multiple applications open and have been working for some time. The following occurs: * The mouse freezes and unfreezes repeatedly. *...
  7. Windows 10 anniversary update after problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 anniversary update after problems: Hi all, thanks for dropping by my post and having a read. So.. yes by the looks of things there seems to be on various boards problems with the windows 10 anniversary update. Unfortunately I am in that camp. 2 desktops and a laptop have all been struck with the same issue....
  8. Cannot Update to Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Freeze during Update)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot Update to Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Freeze during Update): Search Results I am trying to update from Windows 10 OS Build 10586.589 to the Anniversary Update but my computer freezes at 1% progress. I have tried everything I can think of including: Unplugging all extra SATA drives except my main SSD, unplugging my wireless network...
  9. Slow/Freeze Contextual Menus after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow/Freeze Contextual Menus after Anniversary Update: After the last big update for Windows 10 (the anniversary one) I started having a problem with contextual menus (all right click windows except the ones on the task bar) an in general potion windows, program windows etc. In general what happens is that you can se the...
  10. (win10, anniversary update) taskbar freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    (win10, anniversary update) taskbar freezes: sometimes the task bar freezes. i cannot open or close any program using the task bar icons. i cannot access the task manager by right-clicking on the task bar. open programs continue to run all right. i uninstalled the last two programs that i installed before the problem....