Windows 10: Intermittent atikmdiag.sys Crashes

Discus and support Intermittent atikmdiag.sys Crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows Version: Win 10 Pro x64, Version 20H2, Build 19042.685 I have been getting 1-3 atikmdiag.sys crashes per month for at least the last 6 months.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ghanson, Jan 15, 2021.

1. ghanson Win User

Intermittent atikmdiag.sys Crashes

Windows Version: Win 10 Pro x64, Version 20H2, Build 19042.685

I have been getting 1-3 atikmdiag.sys crashes per month for at least the last 6 months. Otherwise the system is running well. HP Support Assistant reports my drivers are all up-to-date but the issue persists.

Ten Forum's V2 Log Collector Files = GPH-15T-(2021-01-09_10-19-46).zip - Google Drive

Thank for helping me solve this problem.

Greg

:)

ghanson, Jan 15, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 15, 2021
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jan 15, 2021
  4. AllenAyen Win User

Windows 10 it crashes the sys

Windows 10 crashes my sys at the 32% install. After reinstalling Windows 8.1 I have to disable auto new device install or the sys will crash

AllenAyen, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Intermittent atikmdiag.sys Crashes - Similar Threads - Intermittent atikmdiag sys

2. Computer Crashing and Restarting Intermittently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Crashing and Restarting Intermittently: I've updated the BIOS, updated all my drivers, I've even done a fresh install, which worked for about a week without a crash. If anyone can help that'd be greatly appreciated.This is what has been showing up in the Event Viewer:A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by...
  3. Computer Crashing and Restarting Intermittently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Crashing and Restarting Intermittently: I've updated the BIOS, updated all my drivers, I've even done a fresh install, which worked for about a week without a crash. If anyone can help that'd be greatly appreciated.This is what has been showing up in the Event Viewer:A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by...
  4. Computer Freezes and crashes Intermittently

Computer Freezes and crashes Intermittently: I've been trying to fix this issue for days now with no avail. it has something to do with WIFI drivers and I cant figure it out. I have all the info somebody would need to figure it out but there's too much to put into one place without somebody just asking specifically for...
  5. Intermittent Crashing

Intermittent Crashing: Hello, I'm having a lot of difficulty with my computer. I've re-installed windows twice clean. I've eliminated a couple of hard-drives that were checking faulty according to CrystalDisk. I reset my BIOS settings to the default to ensure no overclocking. I've re-seated my...
  6. Computer crashing intermittently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer crashing intermittently: Going to post the crash data from reliability monitor. 4 hardware error pop up. Posting them in sequence. Trying to find out if this is a true hardware issue or driver causing problems. Any help greatly appreciated. 1st Problem signature Problem Event Name:...
  7. Intermittent BSOD crashes

Intermittent BSOD crashes: I have experienced 3 BSOD crashes in the last week. All three occurred while I was on Google Meet and utilizing a Logitech c920 webcam (I'm a teacher and all the crashes occurred while I was teaching over Google Meet). I'd prefer that not happen anymore while I'm teaching so...
  8. Intermittent laptop crashes to black

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent laptop crashes to black: Hi all! Ive been having this strange lock up/crash issue with my HP Pavilion 15 (model cs0xxx - See specs), and I suspect it is a BIOS update, a missing or malfunctioning driver, or (hopefully not) a hardware issue. (The issue started some time after I reinstalled Windows...
  9. Photos app crashes intermittently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app crashes intermittently: Since the last Windows update the Photos app has been giving me a lot of grief. I'm running Windows 10 Home, version 1909, OS build 18363.720. I fire up Photos, go looking for a USB device, locate my SD card, set to Import, and it finds the photos on the card. I click on...
  10. BSOD intermittent crash

BSOD intermittent crash: Hello everyone, I keep receiving the blue screen of death and can not pin point what is causing it. Some days it may happen two or three times and then sometimes I can go a whole week without it occurring. I have included my log collector results file if this could help...