Windows 10: Intermittent Black Screen for a few seconds when running certain applications

Discus and support Intermittent Black Screen for a few seconds when running certain applications in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have just built a new PC with the following specs: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X ASUS TUF Gaming X570 Wi-Fi 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200Mhz 850W Corsair PSU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by maneph111, Sep 30, 2020.

1. maneph111 Win User

Intermittent Black Screen for a few seconds when running certain applications

Hi,

I have just built a new PC with the following specs:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

ASUS TUF Gaming X570 Wi-Fi

32GB DDR4 RAM 3200Mhz

850W Corsair PSU

Nvidia 1660 Super GPU

Everything worked fine booting into my pre-existing Windows installation on an SSD from my previous build.

The problem I am having is that when running certain applications so far WoW, LoL, and AMD Ryzen Master I am getting a black screen for a few seconds before it returns to the app, then black screens again and keeps this loop going.

I am on the latest version of Windows and all my drivers are up-to-date I have even done a clean install of the GPU drivers.

It is NOT the cable as I have tested this plus it comes from a previous build which worked fine. Also, it ONLY happens when booting certain applications so it can't be the cable as that would make the problem occur as soon as I booted.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be going on?

Thanks.

:)

maneph111, Sep 30, 2020

2. Intermittent black screen problem in Windows 10

Hi Warren,

There are several reasons why you are facing an intermittent black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• On which scenarios did the black screen issue happen again?
    • Have you recently installed any updates?
    • Have you made any particular changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • Are there any 3rd party programs or software installed on your computer?
    • To make sure we have not missed on anything, may we know the list of steps that you have done to resolve the issue?

Your response is greatly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, Sep 30, 2020
  3. rhwright Win User
    Intermittent black screen on TV

PC connected to TV via HDMI. When TV receiving streaming from PC, the TV monitor intermittently goes black for a couple of seconds and turns back on. No change at PC. Have searched Internet and found problem frequently listed but no solutions. Can anyone
    here help?

rhwright, Sep 30, 2020
  4. rhwright Win User

Intermittent black screen on TV

Thanks for your response.

No, there is no error message, just a black screen for a second or two intermittently.

The problem does not appear on the PC monitor, only on the TV. Almost as if the TV has encountered a problem with the streaming transmission and shuts itself off but back on again. The problem is widely posted on the Internet with many suggestions such as
    yours but no one answer for all. Some users feel it has something to do with the HDMI connection and some even claim they solved the problem by using a different connection to the TV such as VGA but others claim the problem persists. I have decided to discontinue
    the PC to TV feed until the problem is resolved as I fear damaging the TV.

rhwright, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Intermittent Black Screen for a few seconds when running certain applications - Similar Threads - Intermittent Black Screen

2. Screen goes black after a few seconds of inactivity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen goes black after a few seconds of inactivity: I just recently developed this issue where if I leave my monitor on a still image for a few seconds, it goes into hibernation. Normally that takes a few minutes. I have checked my power setting and sleep timers, those are fine. I tried the same monitor with two other devices...
  3. Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves: Hello, I updated my computer HP SPECTRE to Windows 11. With the latest update within the last month, if the computer goes to sleep, when I log back in, if I move the mouse the screen will go black, then as I move the mouse again will show normal, and it's an endless cycle of...
  4. Screen goes black for a few seconds when going fullscreen in games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen goes black for a few seconds when going fullscreen in games: I recently got a new laptop, and I am trying to play a game on it Minecraft, but whenever I go fullscreen, my screen goes black for a few seconds. This only happens on an external monitor. I keep my laptop screen closed and just use the second monitor, but if I change my...
  5. Black screen and comes back after few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen and comes back after few seconds: Hello,It started happening today. What I already tried?Enter in safe mode, uninstall all NVIDIA drivers and make a clean install of the latest version 466.77 I was running either 466.47 or 466.63.sfc /scannowdism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthWhen I was installing the...
  6. Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves: Hi, I’ve been having a weird issue with my computer recently. If I move my mouse then my screen goes black, cursor gone too, but if I mouse over certain things like buttons or text or white parts of the screen then the screen returns. This itermittently changes, and I think...
  7. random black screen for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    random black screen for a few seconds: As the title says, I've been having random black screen. Happens once in a few days and looks like lost signal (screen turns off for a few seconds and then turns back on) but when it happens some apps like photoshop and blender always crash. Everything else works fine and...
  8. Windows Black Screening For A Few Seconds For No Reason!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Black Screening For A Few Seconds For No Reason!: Hello, semi-recent pc builder here, about 3 months ago I built my pc, and I love it. But sometimes just doing simple tasks just like opening snip and cut it doesnt load or even just idle sometimes I get a black screen on both of my monitors then it goes back to normal. Except...
  9. Undervolting cpu when running certain applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Undervolting cpu when running certain applications: Hi I would like to know is there any way to undervolt cpu when i run certain application For example When i am opening gta 5 the cpu should be undervolted and after exiting the cpu should be back to normal I am using intel xtu...
  10. Screen goes black for a few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen goes black for a few seconds: Occasionally my PC goes all black for several seconds (and for not logical reason) after update to Windows 10 Home, version 1803, OS Build 17134. Doesn't seem to affect anything, but is annoying. Any help would be appreciated. BillyS...