Windows 10: Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves

Discus and support Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I’ve been having a weird issue with my computer recently. If I move my mouse then my screen goes black, cursor gone too, but if I mouse over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mailesasaki, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves

Hi, I’ve been having a weird issue with my computer recently. If I move my mouse then my screen goes black, cursor gone too, but if I mouse over certain things like buttons or text or white parts of the screen then the screen returns. This itermittently changes, and I think typing makes the screen go black too. Otherwise everything works perfectly normally and the issue goes away when I restart the computer. I can’t find anyone else with this issue on the internet.

I have an HP Pavilion Laptop running Windows 10.0.19041. It has an NVIDIA Geforce MX250 graphics card within and I already tried downloading updates for both the trackpad and the graphics card but was told I had the most recent updates already. I also just recently installed a Linux subsystem if that might be part of the issue.

One more edit: The computer takes a long time to restart when this occurs.

:)

mailesasaki, Mar 4, 2021

2. Random black screen moving the cursor

Hi.

I have a problem I hope someone can help me out with.

My Asus computer randomly started to get black screen this happens when I for an example sit on facebook and maybe play some game.

After like 10 minutes a spot on the screen starts to turn black and when I move the cursor around its kinda "painting" the rest of the screen and it will all go black. I can let it stay for hours and it wont come back.

I have to manually kill the computer by pushing the turn on button for a few seconds.

Any suggestions ? please

matiashansen, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Intermittent black screen problem in Windows 10

Hi Warren,

There are several reasons why you are facing an intermittent black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• On which scenarios did the black screen issue happen again?
    • Have you recently installed any updates?
    • Have you made any particular changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • Are there any 3rd party programs or software installed on your computer?
    • To make sure we have not missed on anything, may we know the list of steps that you have done to resolve the issue?

Your response is greatly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves

1. Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves - Similar Threads - Intermittent Black Screen

2. Screen Flickering when moving cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering when moving cursor: So, when I start the laptop, the screen is fine until I move the mouse. The moment the cursor appears on the screen, it starts flickering. My laptop is touch screen so when I touch anywhere on the screen the cursor disappears when touch is used, the screen stops flickering. I...
  3. How to permanently fix intermittant black screen caused when moving cursor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to permanently fix intermittant black screen caused when moving cursor?: I found the fix for the exact problem I have here in the forums, and it works, sort of.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intermittent-black-screen-when-cursor-moves/32aad20c-869e-4e45-8c41-7e7fe4848b76. It works fantastic to stop the screen from going...
  4. How to permanently fix intermittant black screen caused when moving cursor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently fix intermittant black screen caused when moving cursor?: I found the fix for the exact problem I have here in the forums, and it works, sort of.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intermittent-black-screen-when-cursor-moves/32aad20c-869e-4e45-8c41-7e7fe4848b76. It works fantastic to stop the screen from going...
  5. How to permanently fix intermittant black screen caused when moving cursor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Cursor/pointer slowly moving across screen intermittently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor/pointer slowly moving across screen intermittently: At least twice a day the cursos on my screen starts slowly moving across and varying speed it can be a slow speed all the way or sometimes fast and slow. It is NOT anything to do with a mouse as I do not use one and all the google answers to my question relate it back to a...
  7. Cursor/pointer slowly moving across screen intermittently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor/pointer slowly moving across screen intermittently: At least twice a day the cursos on my screen starts slowly moving across and varying speed it can be a slow speed all the way or sometimes fast and slow. It is NOT anything to do with a mouse as I do not use one and all the google answers to my question relate it back to a...
  8. Cursor/pointer slowly moving across screen intermittently

9. Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves: Hello, I updated my computer HP SPECTRE to Windows 11. With the latest update within the last month, if the computer goes to sleep, when I log back in, if I move the mouse the screen will go black, then as I move the mouse again will show normal, and it's an endless cycle of...
  10. Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves

Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves: Hello, I updated my computer HP SPECTRE to Windows 11. With the latest update within the last month, if the computer goes to sleep, when I log back in, if I move the mouse the screen will go black, then as I move the mouse again will show normal, and it's an endless cycle of...