Windows 10: Intermittent black screen with no inputs accepted

Discus and support Intermittent black screen with no inputs accepted in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Lately I have been getting intermittent black screens and rejected mouse/keyboard inputs with the system recovering after about 30 seconds UNLESS I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Leifurh, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Leifurh Win User

Intermittent black screen with no inputs accepted

Lately I have been getting intermittent black screens and rejected mouse/keyboard inputs with the system recovering after about 30 seconds UNLESS I am playing certain games - in which case the system remains unresponsive and requires rebooting. Although I am not sure, I suspect this error message which is sprinkled through my "Diagnostic Data Viewer" log may be relevant. Any ideas?

Windows

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\WerFault.exe
    Creation Time: 9/3/2020 11:00:45 AM
    Problem: Hardware error

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 117

Parameter 1: ffffd087b8adf010

Parameter 2: fffff8032e8db668

Parameter 3: 0

Parameter 4: 6458

OS version: 10_0_19041

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 18446744073709551615

Thanks in advance for any help :-

:)

Leifurh, Sep 4, 2020

2. Intermittent black screen problem in Windows 10

Hi Warren,

There are several reasons why you are facing an intermittent black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• On which scenarios did the black screen issue happen again?
    • Have you recently installed any updates?
    • Have you made any particular changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • Are there any 3rd party programs or software installed on your computer?
    • To make sure we have not missed on anything, may we know the list of steps that you have done to resolve the issue?

Your response is greatly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Intermittent black screen with no inputs accepted

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Intermittent black screen with no inputs accepted

1. Intermittent black screen with no inputs accepted - Similar Threads - Intermittent black screen

2. Intermittent Black Screen on Bootup Corrected by Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent Black Screen on Bootup Corrected by Restart: When I first turn the laptop on, it comes up to the login screen but then just blacks out for fractions of seconds up to minutes. I can sometimes get the screen to come on by moving the cursor but as soon as the cursor touches the login box, screen goes black again. It's...
  3. Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves: Hello, I updated my computer HP SPECTRE to Windows 11. With the latest update within the last month, if the computer goes to sleep, when I log back in, if I move the mouse the screen will go black, then as I move the mouse again will show normal, and it's an endless cycle of...
  4. Audio Input refusing to accept input from a microphone, but it accepts the output sound as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Input refusing to accept input from a microphone, but it accepts the output sound as...: I was in a Discord call when suddenly, nothing would accept audio input from either of my 2 headsets or my webcam that has a microphone.This is the 2nd time I have faced this issue and I assumed that my original headset was just broken.But now the same issue has happened to...
  5. Surface Pen intermittent input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pen intermittent input: I recently bought an Asus Zenbook Flip 15 UX562IA along with a Surface Pen.Connecting worked like a charm. However, the input is highly unreliable and has been from the start.When writing in any app that supports Windows Ink, the connection seems to break off after about...
  6. Surface Pen intermittent input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pen intermittent input: I recently bought an Asus Zenbook Flip 15 UX562IA along with a Surface Pen.Connecting worked like a charm. However, the input is highly unreliable and has been from the start.When writing in any app that supports Windows Ink, the connection seems to break off after about...
  7. Intermittent Black Screens, Event ID:1000

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intermittent Black Screens, Event ID:1000: The error in event viewer: Faulting application name: dwm.exe, version: 10.0.19041.508, time stamp: 0xcd97c98b Faulting module name: ism.dll, version: 10.0.19041.685, time stamp: 0x22bfb855 Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x000000000008918a Faulting process id:...
  8. Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves: Hi, I’ve been having a weird issue with my computer recently. If I move my mouse then my screen goes black, cursor gone too, but if I mouse over certain things like buttons or text or white parts of the screen then the screen returns. This itermittently changes, and I think...
  9. Random, intermittent Black screen on Windows

Random, intermittent Black screen on Windows: About 2-3 times a week, Windows goes completely black will not respond to Ctrl-Alt-Delete. The computer itself is definitely on, as I can ping the computer when it is in this state. Most often, 1 or 2 restarts will fix the problem. Afterwards, when checking event log for an...
  10. Random Black screens and intermittent slow response

Random Black screens and intermittent slow response: In the past month, we have started experiencing several systems, mostly laptops but some desktops with random issues. The problems have been sporatic over the past few months, but in the past month have become chronic. Note that I have seen this with a mix of Windows 10...