Windows 10: Intermittent BSOD that I Can't Diagnose

Discus and support Intermittent BSOD that I Can't Diagnose in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a custom build with the specs listed on my account. In brief, I get 1 of 2 BSOD errors several times a day but I can't seem to establish steps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sneagan, Mar 22, 2016.

1. sneagan Win User

Intermittent BSOD that I Can't Diagnose

I have a custom build with the specs listed on my account. In brief, I get 1 of 2 BSOD errors several times a day but I can't seem to establish steps to reproduce. It's irregular and doesn't appear to correspond to any particular applications that I'm running. Blue Screen View shows 2 other BSOD events that are the result of running `verifier`. I had to restore to my environment from yesterday due to the BSOD loop it caused.
    System and user background: I'm a long time Linux/OS X user who recently switched. I've been running OS X and Linux on this exact hardware for months with no issues of any kind. Windows is on its own SSD and is a clean install. All the tests I've run in every OS (including Windows) have indicated no hardware errors. This includes RAM, SSD, GPU tests and more. I'm at a loss.

:)

sneagan, Mar 22, 2016
  2. Sneagan Win User

Done. Thanks for the recommendation. Intermittent BSOD that I Can't Diagnose :)

Sneagan, Mar 22, 2016
  3. johnptd Win User

I would suggest that you go to the
    Windows 10 Forums BSOD sub-forum
    and post there. They are more equipped to help you.

JohnD

johnptd, Mar 22, 2016
  4. Intermittent BSOD that I Can't Diagnose

Checked the BIOS for possible update?

WheatonRon, Mar 22, 2016
  5. sneagan Win User
    I did. It's at the latest (2.20).

sneagan, Mar 22, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Most recent dump indicates you are running Driver Verifier. It indicates VBoxNetAdp6.sys is a problem.

VBoxNetAdp6.sys is part of Oracle VirtualBox.

Previous several dump indicate two possible problems:

VBoxNetAdp6.sys; VBoxNetLwf.sys - Oracle VirtualBox
    e1i63x64.sys - Intel(R) Gigabit Adapter NDIS 6.x driver

I suggest uninstalling then reinstalling Oracle VirtualBox and updating the driver for your Intel(R) Gigabit Adapter, see if that helps. Also make sure you have the latest Guest Additions for Oracle VB.

Ztruker, Mar 22, 2016
  7. sneagan Win User
    e1i63x64.sys is a repeat offender, according to Blue Screen View, but the VBox issue only appeared when I ran the verifier. The BSOD on reboot caused by verifier forced me to restore to an environment from yesterday. I'll do both of the things you recommend and see if it helps. Can you recommend a tutorial to update that NDIS driver? I want to make sure I do it correctly.

sneagan, Mar 22, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

Download a new Intel(R) Gigabit Adapter driver.
    Uninstall the current one from Device Manager then install the new one.

Possibly here: Drivers Software

Attachment 70992

Ztruker, Mar 22, 2016
  9. sneagan Win User
    Reinstalled the Intel(R) driver and uninstalled VirtualBox. Leaving it uninstalled to see what happens.

sneagan, Mar 22, 2016
  10. Ztruker Win User
    We need a fingers crossed emoticon !

Ztruker, Mar 22, 2016
  11. sneagan Win User
    No overnight crash and no BSOD so far today. I'm cautiously optimistic!!

sneagan, Mar 22, 2016
  12. sneagan Win User
    Bad news. Got another crash this evening. I reran the data collector and attached it here.

sneagan, Mar 23, 2016
  13. Ztruker Win User

Still indicates Intel(R) PRO/1000 PCI, this time e1i63x64.sys.

Try this. Goto this page: Intel Drivers & Software
    Click on:

Attachment 71467

See what that does for Intel drivers.

Ztruker, Mar 25, 2016
  14. sneagan Win User
    *Sad It says that I need to update Intel Chipset device Software (INF Update Utility-EXE Only) from 10.0.10586.0 to 10.1.1.14. I download, install, restart, and the tool says the same thing. I've done this several times. Trying to update through the Windows device manager says it's up to date.

sneagan, Mar 28, 2016
  15. Ztruker Win User
    Try replacing your NIC (onboard or PCI/PCI-E) with a new Gigabit PCI network adapter and that should resolve the problem.

I have a Realtek PCI-E Gigabit in my Win 10 Pro X64 computer and it works great.

Ztruker, Mar 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Intermittent BSOD that I Can't Diagnose - Similar Threads - Intermittent BSOD Can't

2. I need help with diagnosing a BSOD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need help with diagnosing a BSOD.: My computer keeps blue screening. I bought a new 2TB SSD and used clonzilla to clone the older 500GB drive. Everything boots up and runs well. It ran for a good amount of time but is now blue screening occasionally. I could use some help with the Dump file. In WinDbg Preview...
  3. I need help with diagnosing a BSOD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with diagnosing a BSOD.: My computer keeps blue screening. I bought a new 2TB SSD and used clonzilla to clone the older 500GB drive. Everything boots up and runs well. It ran for a good amount of time but is now blue screening occasionally. I could use some help with the Dump file. In WinDbg Preview...
  4. Intermittent BSOD

Intermittent BSOD: Hi, I've been getting bluescreen IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Windows 10 error, sometimes APC_INDEX_MISMATCHminidumps here https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmO4zR09_hDiixkrgGAonWXpQSLD?e=2tOQ1vAny help would be great! Thanks!...
  5. Intermittent BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent BSOD: I've been getting intermittent BSOD for quite a while now. This happens about 1-2 times per week. Here's the minidump linkhttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AmO4zR09_hDiixdspyInfqOKATu6?e=CRzEIX...
  6. Intermittent BSOD

Intermittent BSOD: CPU Specs:CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core ProcessorGPU - AMD Radeon RX 5700 XTMem - new 32 GB corsair sticksHard Drive: new 1 TB m.2 SSDCrash Dumps: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eN__CYfiHZC4hO1kISi_KWnRLiMYBqNn/view?usp=sharinglet me know if anyone is able to find out what...
  7. Intermittent BSOD's

Intermittent BSOD's: BSOD'sI am constantly getting BSOD's and am at my wits end. Looking up the stopcodes and the reasoning behind them are no help. Below is the zipped file of my latest minidumps, msinfo and speccy. I was going to zip up the memory dump but my system crashed before it could even...
  8. Intermittent BSOD's

Intermittent BSOD's: BSOD'sI am constantly getting BSOD's and am at my wits end. Looking up the stopcodes and the reasoning behind them are no help. Below is the zipped file of my latest minidumps, msinfo and speccy. I was going to zip up the memory dump but my system crashed before it could even...
  9. Diagnosing BSOD

Diagnosing BSOD: Hi, I'm experiencing frequent BSOD, some randomly and some while gaming. Here is the link to my DMP files and msinfo32 file. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhtNfZrSjZV_j2S-5hpkClFolR27?e=hL9iso My computer specifications are linked here using Speccy:...
  10. BSOD Errors that I can't diagnose

BSOD Errors that I can't diagnose: Hi all! Wondering if you'd be able to help me. I've been getting some weird crashes when playing games, browsing on chrome, and also an occasional random BSOD. I've tried to include as much information below as possible, including what I've tried and what errors I'm...