Windows 10: Intermittent BSOD with differing errors

Discus and support Intermittent BSOD with differing errors in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Evening All, I installed a new CPU cooler this afternoon and also added a couple of mods to DayZ and have been getting random BSOD events with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by theurbanninja, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Intermittent BSOD with differing errors

Evening All,

I installed a new CPU cooler this afternoon and also added a couple of mods to DayZ and have been getting random BSOD events with differing stop codes ever since.

My initial thoughts were that I had inadvertently knocked something so I have had everything apart and back together which didn't help.

I then assumed it was something to do with the mods I had installed as on trying to play the game it shut down unexpectedly. I uninstalled the mods again to no effect. I have even uninstalled the game and reinstalled (via steam) to no use.

Judging by the stop codes, I assumed a driver error and tried resetting/reinstalling both the graphics card drivers and BIOS - I couldn't find a BIOS update for windows 10 mind.

It crashed several times when I opened Chrome full screen. I changed to a small window, it worked for a bit then crashed again. I'm looking for patterns that just aren't there!!

Diagnostics are here - DESKTOP-3H7FQUS-(2019-10-18_23-36-32).zip - Google Drive

winver:1903(OS Build 18362.418)

Hope someone can figure something out as it's driving me nuts!

Kind regards and thank you in advance,

James

- - - Updated - - -

Just to add to the above, I did remove each stick of RAM in turn to check if this made a difference so any mention in the logs of 4GB is that.

:)

theurbanninja, Oct 18, 2019
  2. cplpro Win User

7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile Intermittent BSOD with differing errors :)

cplpro, Oct 18, 2019
  3. Kursah Win User
    BSOD - Registry Error

Your BSOD code is 0X000000051

Here's the Google search I did for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=0x0...j5.399j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

There is a hotfix available that might help, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/810558

This thread makes a few good suggestions too: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-hel...dows-7-pro-sp1-registry-error-0x00000051.html

+1 to listing your full system specs, OS version, etc. I did only look at your BSOD log file.

Run a Diskchk /R (I know you already ran one, so you can skip this)

Run SFC /SCANNOW

Report back.

Kursah, Oct 18, 2019
  4. trickson Win User

Intermittent BSOD with differing errors

7 different BSoD

First off this is what I went through once I installed them 11.1 drivers . BSOD till I had to reinstall the OS .
    It seems that some maybe missing the point here this STARTED for you after you installed the 11.1 drivers and then as it would seem you are getting them after a clean install of the old drivers . Correct ? If so have you wiped the HDD and did a clean install of the OS ?
    If not then I would do this before thinking your cards are going out .

trickson, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

Intermittent BSOD with differing errors

1. Intermittent BSOD with differing errors - Similar Threads - Intermittent BSOD differing

2. BSOD with different errors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with different errors.: Hello there, I've been having constant BSOD for months now and I have tried reinstalling windows, changing RAM, and changing motherboard with no effect.The crashes seem to stop when I am runnning or in my case, a higher demanding game like: Deep Rock Galactic or Warframe.I...
  3. BSOD with different errors.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with different errors.: Hello there, I've been having constant BSOD for months now and I have tried reinstalling windows, changing RAM, and changing motherboard with no effect.The crashes seem to stop when I am runnning or in my case, a higher demanding game like: Deep Rock Galactic or Warframe.I...
  4. BSOD with different errors.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD Issues Intermittently with a lot of different Error Codes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Issues Intermittently with a lot of different Error Codes: Hi I am using a custom Build PC from CUK. Here are the SpecificationsMPG Velox by MSI Gaming Desktop NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 TI 12GB >3090, Intel 24-Core i9-13900KF Processor, 32GB DDR5 RAM, 1TB NVMe SSD + 3TB HDD, Windows 11 Home Gamer PC Computer.I am Getting BSOD issue...
  6. BSOD Issues Intermittently with a lot of different Error Codes

BSOD Issues Intermittently with a lot of different Error Codes: Hi I am using a custom Build PC from CUK. Here are the SpecificationsMPG Velox by MSI Gaming Desktop NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 TI 12GB >3090, Intel 24-Core i9-13900KF Processor, 32GB DDR5 RAM, 1TB NVMe SSD + 3TB HDD, Windows 11 Home Gamer PC Computer.I am Getting BSOD issue...
  7. Different BSOD Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different BSOD Errors: I've had this problem for a while now. It initially started due to the M.2 SSD that I transferred from my old PC, and I thought that was the cause, Recently I've purchased and put a new SSD in my system and completely started from scratch and I am once again facing these...
  8. Different BSOD Errors

Different BSOD Errors: I've had this problem for a while now. It initially started due to the M.2 SSD that I transferred from my old PC, and I thought that was the cause, Recently I've purchased and put a new SSD in my system and completely started from scratch and I am once again facing these...
  9. Multiple BSOD intermittently with different errors in new build

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple BSOD intermittently with different errors in new build: Hi there Just hoping for some help with some sporadic BSOD every hour or few hours on a new build with fresh install. Different errors each time including: Clock watchdog timeout DPC watchdog violation APC index mismatch pagefault in nonpaged area Configuration:...
  10. BSOD intermittently while doing different things on the computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD intermittently while doing different things on the computer: Hey guys, Ive been getting bsods recently while doing seemingly unrelated things. The most recent one I got was when I was playing a game on steam. I have attached the .dmp file to the forum message. What do you guys see? The BSOD error message that would show up is...