Windows 10: Intermittent BSODs with new custom PC

Discus and support Intermittent BSODs with new custom PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi All Hoping someone is able to shed some light here. I'm getting intermittent BSODs, which don't occur very often, maybe once every 2 or 3 weeks and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by unsynz, Nov 16, 2019.

1. unsynz Win User

Intermittent BSODs with new custom PC

Hi All

Hoping someone is able to shed some light here. I'm getting intermittent BSODs, which don't occur very often, maybe once every 2 or 3 weeks and they seem to be different each time. I had a quick look at the dump files and they just seem to point to hardware faults and the Corsair iCue service? As far as I know all of the drivers on my PC are up to date, including iCue. Dump files attached below

Windows 10 version 1903

Thanks in advance.

DESKTOP-LJ7FP1L-(2019-11-17_07-54-54).zip - Google Drive

:)

unsynz, Nov 16, 2019
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Nov 16, 2019
  3. BSOD help with new PC

Hi,

My new PC (Win 10) has a BSOD every few minutes with a DPC Watchdog violation.

I've followed a number of the typical debug steps:

• Updated drivers inc. chipset and graphics
    • In device manager checked IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, the driver is storahci.sys and I've tried to updated using the Standard SATA AHCI Controller on my PC
    • No external devices are attached
    • removed AV
    • Disabled Sound drivers in device manager

Still the problems are occurring frequently. I have a minidmp file here: 012718-5515-01.dmp

and there is also a 700MB memory.dmp that I can share if it is helpful?

Grateful for any advice that anyone can share. Thanks in advance.

KrisCoverdale, Nov 16, 2019
  4. Intermittent BSODs with new custom PC

New Gaming PC

just get all those in your list but I do suggest a h100i XD hell if you can afford just go custom cooling that bad boy of a system and slap it high overclock!!!!!

Cotton_Cup, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Intermittent BSODs with new custom PC

1. Intermittent BSODs with new custom PC - Similar Threads - Intermittent BSODs custom

2. Intermittent BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent BSOD: CPU Specs:CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core ProcessorGPU - AMD Radeon RX 5700 XTMem - new 32 GB corsair sticksHard Drive: new 1 TB m.2 SSDCrash Dumps: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eN__CYfiHZC4hO1kISi_KWnRLiMYBqNn/view?usp=sharinglet me know if anyone is able to find out what...
  3. Intermittent BSOD's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent BSOD's: BSOD'sI am constantly getting BSOD's and am at my wits end. Looking up the stopcodes and the reasoning behind them are no help. Below is the zipped file of my latest minidumps, msinfo and speccy. I was going to zip up the memory dump but my system crashed before it could even...
  4. Intermittent BSOD's

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intermittent BSOD's: BSOD'sI am constantly getting BSOD's and am at my wits end. Looking up the stopcodes and the reasoning behind them are no help. Below is the zipped file of my latest minidumps, msinfo and speccy. I was going to zip up the memory dump but my system crashed before it could even...
  5. Intermittent BSOD's on newly built PC

Intermittent BSOD's on newly built PC: I'm getting Some BSOD's intermittently about two weeks after building my computer and I need some help in pinpointing the issue. Uncertain as to the cause, however it blusescreened multiple times during my initial Windows setup, now it seems to happen a couple of times a...
  6. Custom built PC BSOD very intermittent

Custom built PC BSOD very intermittent: Hello everyone, I'm back again with another BSOD issue. I have a little low powered custom built PC I made for a friend, which has been working well for a long time (about a year), but recently has stated bluescreening. Sometimes the PC will boot fine and work for days,...
  7. Frequent BSOD on new custom pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Frequent BSOD on new custom pc: For around a month now, my pc has frequent bsod. I've tried almost everything I could think of updating drivers, reinstalling windows, memtest, booting from a different ssd ect. but nothing has worked. I was wondering if someone with more experience could help me out or...
  8. Frequent BSOD on custom PC

Frequent BSOD on custom PC: I've been having issues with my custom built PC for quite some time and I've made numerous attempts to get this resolved. Here's the spec list put together by a tech at Microcenter: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/italyguy7/saved/ The RAM was upgrade from CRUCIAL 16GB 8X2...
  9. New built custom PC random BSOD woes

New built custom PC random BSOD woes: Please find attached ZIP of the errors I have tried to update drivers through Driver Booster etc without any success. Random crashes in games and just general your expert help would be greatly appreciated! the computer was working well for a few months before these issues...
  10. BSOD Intermittent when turning PC on

BSOD Intermittent when turning PC on: Hello, I've been having BSODs intermittently for a while now, as far as I can remember they just happen when my PC is booting up. I have tried to pinpoint the problem using Whocrashed software to no avail. At the beginning the software was identifying a Panda antivirus...