Windows 10: intermittent buzz in sound is back

Discus and support intermittent buzz in sound is back in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The intermittent buzz in the sound is on a Gateway laptop model NV570P-18U, OS Win 10 Home 64 bit. This problem only shows up when watching Youtube... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by reble, May 6, 2020.

1. reble Win User

intermittent buzz in sound is back

The intermittent buzz in the sound is on a Gateway laptop model NV570P-18U, OS Win 10 Home 64 bit. This problem only shows up when watching Youtube videos. There is no buzz on any other web page. I got ride of the Youtube buzz by updatting the Gateway's sound drivers. It lasted about 2 weeks. This time I tried internet Explorer, Firefox (my primary browser) and Goggle Chrome. The intermittent buzz in Youtube is there in all 3 browsers. BUT the buzz is only in Youtube. I can go to places like Hulu (I have 1 month of free service with Hulu) anyways there is NO buzz on Hulu. The video and sound on Hulu is 100% aok. BTW if the Youtube buzz gets bad enough it will effect the video. I am out of ideas to try.

Steve

:)

reble, May 6, 2020
  2. ste2425 Win User

intermittent buzz when gaming

Sorry if i miss understood your question, but i got it as the buzz is coming through your speakers. If it is ive found on my system certain USB devices cause intermittent buzz, memory sticks etc. But most of all dam Iphone. Its not a constant buzz caused by the iphone, it comes and goes.

edit: just seen your post saying it is coming through speakers so its all gravy baby.... well minus the fact its still buzzing.

ste2425, May 6, 2020
  3. betanc Win User
    Intermittent buzz from audio while playing in Windows 10

Old title: intermittent buzz from audio

i have windows 10 on my pc. Lately, when playing any audio, there is an intermittent buzz about every 10 seconds or so and also causes a lag . There is no sound card but I have checked for audio driver updates, uninstalled and reinstalled the high def
    audio driver, disabled all enhancements, tried differnt audio formats, etc. with the problem persisting. The only way to remove the buzz is to Restart Windows, however once I do a Windows cold start, the problem comes back. This is annoying.

betanc, May 6, 2020
  4. JoeJuan Win User

Intermittent Beeping Sound

Before I elaborate on the steps taken so far, allow me to notify you that I have done research on this issue via the internet. Armed with the suggested solutions, I then:

1) Clicked on the 'Start' button, followed by 'Settings'. Then on the 'Settings' window, I clicked on 'System' followed by a click on the 'Notifications & actions' On the right pane, I set the 'Get notifications from apps and other senders' switch to 'Off'.
    No changes were made but it had no effect on the intermittent sounds.

2) I then added the 'Get tips, tricks and suggestions as you use Windows' and disabled it. Again this did not help at all.

3) I then enabled the switches for both items back to 'On'

4) Clicked on the 'Start' button, followed by 'Settings'. Then on the 'Settings' window, I clicked on 'Devices' followed by a click on the 'USB'. I then set the one and only switch to notify me if there are issues connecting to USB devices to 'Off'. Again this
    did not helped as the intermittent sound still occurred. I therefore set it back to 'On'.

5) I clicked on the 'Control Panel' (since I enabled that icon for my desktop), followed a click on the 'Hardware and Sounds' item. On the next page that appeared, I clicked on the 'Change system sound' item. Then on the 'Sound' window, I selected the 'Sounds'
    tab. A list of system sounds appeared under the 'Windows Default' and I moved the cursor to the 'Device Disconnect' item. I then set the sounds associated with that event to '(None)'. The 'Apply' button was pressed followed by the 'OK' button and closing of
    the 'Control Panel' window. The intermittent sound did not occur anymore. However, since I set the sounds to (none), I WILL NOT be notified whenever a device is disconnected and this is what is causing a problem - I prefer to be notified.

Hopefully you would be able to suggest a better solution. BTW, this problem did not occur initially. Only when the Windows 10 updates were applied recently (about one or two months ago) did the problem surfaced. This was the reason why I suspected that the
    updates was the culprit...but I could be wrong.

JoeJuan, May 6, 2020
Thema:

1. intermittent buzz in sound is back - Similar Threads - intermittent buzz sound

2. Buzzing sounds and crashes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Buzzing sounds and crashes.: Hello, I have bought this new PC 2 months ago aprox. and today it started making buzzing sounds. It kinda was annoying at first until I was in a match. It started buzzing for a while and then did a big buzz and my PC crashed. It had the : face and said an error has occured....
  3. Intermittent buzzing sound in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intermittent buzzing sound in Windows 10: I have been using a Dell laptop with factory installed Windows 7 for several years with no issues. In January 2020, with support of Windows 7 ending, I went to Best Buy to have them install Windows 10. When I got back the laptop, I immediately noticed that whenever I would...
  4. 5.1 surround sound intermittently switching to stereo and back.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    5.1 surround sound intermittently switching to stereo and back.: Hi, Hope you guys can help as I couldn't find anything helpful on the web. My issue is that while playing any audio in surround sound it will randomly switch to 2 speaker stereo and back. My setup is as follows: Windows 10 Home intel i5 processor Nvidia GTX1070 gpu outputs...
  5. buzzing sound

buzzing sound: frequently i have a buzzuing sound on speaker which resolves by restarting to be repeated in one or two days. what is the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/buzzing-sound/87f33d44-0005-473c-90a8-5c34b040f4d1
  6. Sound buzzes and hesitation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound buzzes and hesitation: Since installing the June 18 update to Win 10, my computer interrupts audio on any application with a brief buzz, about 1/10 of second, and all user processes hesitate for this time. This occurs at 5 to 15 second intervals continuously for several hours, after which it stops...
  7. buzzing sound

buzzing sound: Why is my laptop making a buzzing sound all of a sudden? I have cleaned the fan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/buzzing-sound/484ec9c3-0cec-40f8-a567-8775b13c0872
  8. Digital Buzz Sound

Digital Buzz Sound: I've been trying to troubleshoot the cause of a super annoying buzz sound that occurs while I'm playing music or watching youtube. I thought it was caused by my on-board sound card going bad, so yesterday, I installed a new SoundBlaster AE-5 card. Everything seemed fixed...
  9. BSOD with Buzz sound

BSOD with Buzz sound: So the BSOD started with my R9 280x graphs card whenever i play games or stress the pc it started to crash with that weird buzzing sound Then i tried to RMA the r9 280x but failed; they said overheating damaged the card perm. So i switched back to my old ATI HD6510 card...
  10. Sound buzzing

Sound buzzing: Hello everyone im having issues with my motherboard soundcard because i have recently purchased a new keyboard that had the cables to connect into the soundboard, when i plugged them in the volume increased and a buzzing sound was noticeable. I downgraded the soundboard to...