Windows 10: Intermittent Connection with TP-Link Deco M5

Discus and support Intermittent Connection with TP-Link Deco M5 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Sorry for posting here, but I am getting no response from anyone on the TP-Link forum, so I am hoping someone here might be able to help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by thefatn00b, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Intermittent Connection with TP-Link Deco M5

Hello,

Sorry for posting here, but I am getting no response from anyone on the TP-Link forum, so I am hoping someone here might be able to help.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/165760

Model: Deco M5
    Hardware Version: V2
    Firmware Version: 1.3.1 Build 20190617 Rel. 47476

Hello everyone,

I am going to provide as much detail as possible and I apologize in advance if some of the troubleshooting steps I've done are pointless, but I am now out of ideas.

The problem is that I am getting an intermittent connection on all 3x Windows 10 desktop computers. My Android and iOS devices don't seem to be to bad, but it has happened before.

I have 2x chromecasts (Gen 2 & Gen 3) which both seem to be working fine.

The Deco is connected to a NowTV Hub 2 router with WiFi disabled. No other settings have been changed on the NowTV Hub 2.

I have 3x Deco M5 connected all running on the latest firmware 1.3.1 Build 20190617 Rel. 47476 and all have a solid Green Light.

At first setup, everything seemed fine for like an hour or two, but then the intermittent connections started to happen.

On the previous firmware, I also had what appeared to be a guest network active and open (i.e not secured) despite the guest option being disabled. This doesn't seem to be a problem anymore with the latest firmware.

All Windows 10 PC's have all the latest updates and the latest version of Bitdefender Total Security.

I have tried to following things to resolve the issues, not necessarily in this order and some tried multiple times:

• Firmware update for all 3 Deco's
    • Tried various troubleshooting options given by Window 10
    • Disabled Bitdefender Firewall & anti-virus
    • Uninstalled Bitdefender
    • Disabled Windows Firewall & anti-virus
    • Reset network on Windows
    • Installed latest WiFi driver on PC
    • Uninstalled and reinstalled WiFi driver
    • Disabled Antivirus on Deco
    • Set QoS to standard
    • Removed all device priorities
    • Manually Set Total Bandwidth to a slightly higher amount than I am actually getting
    • Turned off 2.4 Ghz
    • Turned 2.4Ghz back on and tried turning off 5Ghz
    • Checked nothing is in Blacklist
    • Parental Controls are disabled
    • Tried Operating Mode as "Router" and "Access Point" both give same issue
    • VLAN disabled
    • IPTV disabled
    • MAC Clone disabled
    • No address reservations
    • No port forwarding
    • TP-Link DDNS disabled
    • SIP ALG Enabled
    • Fast Roaming currently disabled (did try both and was still having same issue)
    • Beamforming currently disabled (did try both and was still having same issue)
    • IPv6 Disabled
    • IPv4 set as Dynamic IP and Obtain DNS automatically is enabled
    • Tried hard reset of each Deco and setting everything back up again

On my PC, the USB WiFi stick (TP-Link Archer T3U), keeps disconnecting as a device. What I mean by this is that I hear the sound from Windows that the device has been unplugged and plugged back in again. And sometimes the WiFi will just disconnect within seconds and not get physically ejected from the PC.

If I connect to my NowTV Hub 2, or my Fritzbox (currently disconnected), everything works fine as it should, albeit a bit slower, hence the reason of getting the Deco M5.

So what am I missing? Why am I getting an intermittent connection? I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks for reading!

:)

thefatn00b, Jul 23, 2019
  2. Niru Win User

Cannot enable TP-LINK W822N on new Windows10 installation

I just reinstalled Windows 10 64 bit after formatting my hard disk, and I'm trying to connect my TP-Link W822N-V2 wireless adapter. The TP-Link utility tool won't work and does not enable any option to be set. Also the tool's tooltip says disabled in the minitray.
    The steps I tried:

1. 1. The driver and utility tools I downloaded from: Download for TL-WN822N | TP-Link doesn't quite work. The wireless adapter is recognized and the green light on it turns on however the utility tool won't scan for networks.

1. 2. Right Click enable wireless in networks and sharing center but doesn't do anything.

1. 3. Uninstall the driver I just installed.

1. 4. I tried going through the Windows 10 Driver store uninstalling the drivers I installed from TP-Link by doing Update Driver -> Browse my computer... -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers from my computer -> Network Adapters -> TP-LINK Technologies Co. -> TP-LINK 300MBPS Wireless High Powered USB Adapter.

Is there a step or anything else I can try?

3. tp-link tl-wn722n

Hello

I have upgraded my PC to windows 10 recently and want to connect to internet with a tp-link tl-wn722n wirless adaptor . at first it worked with no problem but after the first time windows couldn't recognize the wireless adapter, sometimes windows recognized
    it but it couldn't load the wifi list , sometimes it loaded the list and I could connect to a wifi but it wrote "Limited" on the wifi name.

since then I get this error called "Network Ux broker has stopped working ". I don't know if it's related to the wireless adapter problem.

by the way the adapt or works great with my laptop.

ErfanAtashgahi, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Intermittent Connection with TP-Link Deco M5

TP-Link cannot connect to marketplace

Hello, i have lumia 710 and TP-Link TL-WR741ND router. I can connect to router, and router shows my mobile device, but i cannot connect to marketplace or most internet pages. And i cannot install apps from windows page, because it says that phone is not
    connected.
    I would appreciate any help.

RokasCitavicius, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Intermittent Connection with TP-Link Deco M5

1. Intermittent Connection with TP-Link Deco M5 - Similar Threads - Intermittent Connection Link

2. tp-link bluetooth allow a device to connect greyed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    tp-link bluetooth allow a device to connect greyed out: hi to everyone here this is my first post and apologies that it is a plea for help, but a big hi from galway ireland :-}now to my questiom, i have recently bought a new pc running win 10 version 21H1 (os build 19043.1083) it came with a free tp-link usb dongle for bluetooth...
  3. tp-link bluetooth allow a device to connect greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    tp-link bluetooth allow a device to connect greyed out: hi to everyone here this is my first post and apologies that it is a plea for help, but a big hi from galway ireland :-}now to my questiom, i have recently bought a new pc running win 10 version 21H1 (os build 19043.1083) it came with a free tp-link usb dongle for bluetooth...
  4. Problems with a TP-link Archer AX 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with a TP-link Archer AX 10: Just set up an Archer AX 10, poor internet speed response. Using it on a Windows 10 64 bit PC. Hardware Version: Archer AX1500 v1.20 Firmware Version:1.1.1 Build 20201116 Rel. 57075(5553) Latest firmware was installed. Using a 5g wifi link. to Speednet, only 40 MB down...
  5. Computer keypad and tp link usb?

Computer keypad and tp link usb?: Does anyone know about computers is windos 10 got me Tp Link usb and it doesn't find it and today I got a new keyboard and it's crazy too https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/computer-tastertur-und-tp-link-usb
  6. PC connected to, but getting no internet access from TP-Link AC1750

PC connected to, but getting no internet access from TP-Link AC1750: Hi, I hope someone can help here, as I am at my wits end with this issue! We have the TP-Link AC1750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router and I use it to connect my PC to our WiFi. This was working perfectly well up until the weekend where something got unplugged while...
  7. can't connect to tp-link network usb storage

can't connect to tp-link network usb storage: hi i have tp-link wdr4300 and i enable usb network storage by plugging in a pen-drive. i am able to access the network drive from Mac laptop and Nexus 5 using the smb://tplinklogin.net. But from Windows 10, whenever i goto run and try to access the drive...
  8. TP Link WR741ND

TP Link WR741ND: First of all I live in Ecuador. I have the above router and cannot log into the screen which allows me to install VPN software in the router it self. When I type 192.168.0.1 into the address bar of edge, chrome and IE the login page comes up i put the login information in and...
  9. TP Link TP-WA701ND No longer working as wireless bridge.

TP Link TP-WA701ND No longer working as wireless bridge.: A few days ago my wireless bridge stopped working on windows 10. I'm not sure if an update caused this, but I'm also unable to system restore back to any of the previous updates, so I'm currently looking for a fix for this problem. I've tried uninstallign and reinstallign...
  10. TP Link Nano Wifi TL-WN725N 'Can't connect to this network'

TP Link Nano Wifi TL-WN725N 'Can't connect to this network': hi i recently bought this nano wifi to connect internet from my wifi router and it was working fine but since yesterday its just not connecting to my wifi and says cannot connect but its connecting to other devices like my mobile when i open hotspot and i reinstalled the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi cant authenticate windows 10 deco m5