Windows 10: Intermittent connectivity using ICS for network on Win10

Discus and support Intermittent connectivity using ICS for network on Win10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! Im in the process of moving and i cant run an ethernet cable from my room into the living room yet where the modem is. Im trying to use my old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bryan_W94, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Bryan_W94 Win User

Intermittent connectivity using ICS for network on Win10

Hello!

Im in the process of moving and i cant run an ethernet cable from my room into the living room yet where the modem is. Im trying to use my old toshiba laptop running Windows 7 as a wifi receiver using ICS and connecting it directly to my desktop running Windows 10 with an ethernet cable. I set my laptop up last night and I got it working for about 30 minutes. Then suddenly my desktop decided it wasnt connected any more. Its constanly switching back and forth between “Internet Access” and “No Internet Access. When it says i have internet i still cant access websites using Chrome but some things still work like notifications and downloads.When i try to load a website it says “server IP could not be found” and “DNS_probe_finished_bad_config”. I can get it to work if i unplug the ethernet cable and plug it back in, but it only works for a minute or two and then its back to no connection. The laptop itself is not experiencing any connectivity issues with the internet or the wifi.

any ideas on what’s causing this? Any help will be appreciated!

:)

Bryan_W94, Apr 1, 2020
  2. sml156 Win User

ICS Help: No Interet Across Shared/Bridged Connection

From what you describe it seems like the host computer is setup properly, I would try setting the guest IP to static
    Code:
    Code:
    192.168.137.100  255.255.255.0  192.168.137.1
    If that does not work I would probably try setting the DNS server to google
    Code:
    Code:
    8.8.8.8  8.8.4.4
    I would also check your network cards

Verify that a network adapter is working correctly
    1. Open Device Manager by Pressing the Windows Key + R to open Run and type or paste Code:
      Code:
      devmgmt.msc
      and then press Enter.
    2. Expand the Network Adapters section, right-click your adapter, and then click Properties.
    Under Device status, check to see that the device is working properly.

I have the same setup as you When I first started using Windows 10 ICS seemed to be intermittent connection and instead of playing with it and trying to figure it out I made a Windows 7 Virtual Machine and gave it a physical network card ( I have 2 ) and a USB WiFi stick and used that for ICS. After months of testing With Windows 7 and XP I finally settled on Windows Vista to share the internet with ICS.

I now have a TP link router with 3 computers NATed behind it

sml156, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Losing internet connection intermittently only on laptop

Hi Lindamartin,

For us to know the reason why your laptop is losing internet connection intermittently and how to fix it, we would like to know more information:

• Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it will solve the issue:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Internet Connections.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

We suggest you to update the Network adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on Start button and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Expand the
    Network adapters driver from the list.

3. Right click on the driver and click on
    Update driver Software.

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Mel Tar Win User

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Intermittent connectivity using ICS for network on Win10 - Similar Threads - Intermittent connectivity using

2. Network Adapter Intermittent Connectivity - Realtek RTL8723BE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Adapter Intermittent Connectivity - Realtek RTL8723BE: Fixing a desktop for family, and I am having an issue with the Realtek RTL8723BE Wi-Fi Adapter. I've been researching this for about 14 hours now, but I believe I have some more data to add.PC: HP 20-c020OS: Win10 Home v22H2 build 19045.2251 though it is currently 90% on...
  3. Network Adapter Intermittent Connectivity - Realtek RTL8723BE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Adapter Intermittent Connectivity - Realtek RTL8723BE: Fixing a desktop for family, and I am having an issue with the Realtek RTL8723BE Wi-Fi Adapter. I've been researching this for about 14 hours now, but I believe I have some more data to add.PC: HP 20-c020OS: Win10 Home v22H2 build 19045.2251 though it is currently 90% on...
  4. Network Adapter Intermittent Connectivity - Realtek RTL8723BE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. ICS causing issues on network even though no connection is shared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ICS causing issues on network even though no connection is shared: Hello all I have an odd issue. When rebooting my laptop at home all devices on the same switch will lose internet. It seems to be coming from the ICS service, the odd thing is I do not have any connection shared as far as I can see in network connections. I have the latest...
  6. ICS causing issues on network even though no connection is shared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ICS causing issues on network even though no connection is shared: Hello all I have an odd issue. When rebooting my laptop at home all devices on the same switch will lose internet. It seems to be coming from the ICS service, the odd thing is I do not have any connection shared as far as I can see in network connections. I have the latest...
  7. Network Bridge (or ICS) over USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Bridge (or ICS) over USB: I use a Pi4, which I have recently switched over to get network and power over the usb-c port. All working well on my linux machine with a bridged connection to the usb-c port powering the pi. I haven’t been able to think of how to implement this in windows, as well as...
  8. Intermittent Network Connectivity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intermittent Network Connectivity: Hi, So I have recently updated my system to build 1703 and I started to face some connection issues to my modem. Initially I thought the issue was from the ISP end, however, except for my laptop, all other devices that are connected to it have synchronous internet access...
  9. Intermittent "Not connected to a network" errors while browsing

Intermittent "Not connected to a network" errors while browsing: Hi, new here and have a new windows 10 (factory installed) PC HP desktop computer with Comcast Wifi internet modem and wired Ethernet connection. I don't know much about computers, but I'm having a constant problem that I can't seem to solve. No computer experts close to...
  10. Intermittent connectivity on home network

Intermittent connectivity on home network: Have a Win 8.1 PC and Win 10 laptop which can see each other at all times on the home network but only once in a while actually display each other's files and/or transfer files from one to the other. Just now the PC can display the laptop's Homegroup items (but not full C:\...