Windows 10: intermittent denied write to local network share

Discus and support intermittent denied write to local network share in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This problem has been ongoing for about 2-3 years, and is very frustrating. The problem manifests itself between two particular computer connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MeSo2, Feb 20, 2019.

1. MeSo2 Win User

intermittent denied write to local network share

This problem has been ongoing for about 2-3 years, and is very frustrating. The problem manifests itself between two particular computer connected within my internal network. All other computers in that same network using the same share do not have that problem, as far as I can tell. Most of the time all works as expected.

Server: Vm-white (win 10 pro) d: share is setup to read/write to Everyone.

Workstation: NC64 (win 10 pro) The workstation computer (NC64) had a MS 2nd level technician work on it for 6 days. He setup some temporary accounts which may be now firing off conflicting identity's. I have been working from his temp account C:\Users\TEST\.

Symptom 1): I am copying (writing over) a local file onto a share. The share is part of a web. I like to use the program Total Commander (x64) 9.12 to administrate the copying of the file from "d:\www\" to "\\Vm-white\d\www\". When it is not working, the copy process hangs. I've noticed that if I then invoke some activity by browsing a directory within that same share (using MS File Explorer) it would sometimes find itself and fix the problem. The browsing of the share using File Explorer is at first non-responsive, hanging for a good long time, until it fiends itself. OKing me access to the share --- at which point Total Commander start working again.

Symptom 2): I go through the steps above (Symptom 1), but I still can't copy the file. The process keeps hanging. Now using File Explorer, copy and post of the file is not working. It looks like it may have worked, but the save file is either empty or filled with gibberish. That saved file now breaks the website. Even using Remote Desktop to copy and past the file from within File Explorer will not work! I tried a rebooting all system, computers, gateway, hubs; but nothing works. At this point the only workaround I found is to: open the corrupt file withing Remote Desktop using Notepad; replacing the gibberish (or 'nothing' if the file is empty) with the new code; and saving the file.

Please advice.

:)

MeSo2, Feb 20, 2019
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

Sharing folders over network - access denied

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern with sharing files over the network using your Windows 10 device, we suggest that you run the Shared folders troubleshooter and check if it helps. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type in Troubleshooting in the search box and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Shared Folders.
    • Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Ferdz Amp, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Feb 20, 2019
  4. WylECyote Win User

Win10 local area network sharing doesn't work

There is an awful lot of clutter on this subject which frankly baffles me.

I have a home network:

Netgear WNDR4500 Router

7PCs; 6 of them wired; 2 are Win10, 2 are Win7, one is Vista and one is XP (!)

My PC was Win 7 and then I could access the Shared Documents (etc) on all the other PCs. Nice and easy.

Then my PC and another were upgraded to Win10.

Before upgrading I clicked on > Network in File Explorer and all the other PCs were listed.

Immediately after upgrading that still worked.

Then it became intermittent; sometimes worked, sometimes only showed some of the PCs.

Now after a week it only shows this PC on the network.

Furthermore; Homegroup has never worked after upgrading. Although this PC set up the Homegroup; now when I click , it just invites me to join the Homegroup. I put in the password and it fails with "Windows no longer detects a homegroup...." .

I have (as suggested here) changing the Windows sign in from my Microsoft account to a local account; but that made no difference.

I have checked the 'Change advanced sharing settings' - Network Discovery is on, File and Printer sharing is on, Password Protected Sharing is off, all as suggested.

What do I do now to restore access to my local network as it was before?

While I was typing this; the Vista PC appeared in > Network, but when I select it I get "Windows cannot access \\mmmm" The trouble shooter says to 'contact my network administrator'!

--

Wyl

WylECyote, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

1. intermittent denied write to local network share - Similar Threads - intermittent denied write

2. Accessing shares on local network. Win11 able to see shares on Win10 but denied access to them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing shares on local network. Win11 able to see shares on Win10 but denied access to them.: Two PCs on a local network one Win10 the other Win11 new PC.I can access the shared empty DATA drive on the Win11 PC and copy files to it. However from the Win11 PC the shares on the Win10 PC are visible, but, with one exception the "Users" share on the Win10 system drive...
  3. Accessing shares on local network. Win11 able to see shares on Win10 but denied access to them.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing shares on local network. Win11 able to see shares on Win10 but denied access to them.: Two PCs on a local network one Win10 the other Win11 new PC.I can access the shared empty DATA drive on the Win11 PC and copy files to it. However from the Win11 PC the shares on the Win10 PC are visible, but, with one exception the "Users" share on the Win10 system drive...
  4. File Sharing Over a local network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Sharing Over a local network: I am trying to access my old PC which is on my home network. The system is detected but when I click it it asks for credentials and will not accept my Microsoft password. I use the same account to sign into both systems and it works fine to sign in to either one individually...
  5. Unable to share files on local network

Unable to share files on local network: Why has Microsoft disabled the file sharing capabilities for home users? Ever since Homegroups were tossed out, sharing files between our families PC's has become a real challenge. This time of year tax time makes this really frustrating as - being the "accountant" for our...
  6. File sharing issue on a local Network

File sharing issue on a local Network: I have 2 computers at home running windows 10, same microsoft login Now when I'm connect to my personal LAN I would like to have both computers being able to browse each others files, so I can use the local network to transfer files both ways I tried giving all...
  7. Cannot write to local shared directory

Cannot write to local shared directory: I wondered if anyone has experienced this issue... We noticed a permissions error on a server that uses a case management system. It works by writing to locally hosted shared folders. After a reboot, we get the error - "Destination folder access denied" "You need permission...
  8. Windows 10 network share access denied

Windows 10 network share access denied: Last week I began receiving either an "Access Denied" or "You do not have permission to open this file" error when I try to open or copy a file on a network share. In some cases I can open most files in a directory but receive an error for new ones created by our scanner....
  9. windows 10 intermittent network file sharing

windows 10 intermittent network file sharing: windows 10 intermittent network file sharing , it used to work , and since the latest update to windows 10 , now is very intermittent , have multiple PCs , they all appear in network view , but intermittently can access files , other times just is not accessible , when is a...
  10. Data Sharing on a local network

Data Sharing on a local network: Good Morning, I decided to register an account here, as i think this forum is interesting because i had an opportunity to search some tutorials and see some threads in the forum, so i'm new here. I also decided to create this post, since i have a problem i can't seem to...