Windows 10: Intermittent failure to start PC

Discus and support Intermittent failure to start PC in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Not sure if this is Win10 or just hardware, but about once a week, maybe less, when I start my PC it appears to start up, the keyboard lights flash a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dave12cd, Feb 19, 2021.

1. dave12cd Win User

Intermittent failure to start PC

Not sure if this is Win10 or just hardware, but about once a week, maybe less, when I start my PC it appears to start up, the keyboard lights flash a couple of times, then it just goes off. Usually if I press the Start button again it will start and work normally. While this is mildly annoying, as long as it starts up all is good, but why is it doing this, does it indicate a major failure coming (it has been doing this for over a year) and what can I do to stop this happening?

I am running version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1379) if that helps in any way?

Hope someone can point me in the right direction/provide some comfort that I should not worry?

Thanks,

David

:)

dave12cd, Feb 19, 2021

2. Intermittent pin logon failures

I am experiencing intermittent pin logon failures. It is random, sometimes logging me in and other times reporting pin is not available. I disabled the pin for now.

edspyhill01_844, Feb 19, 2021
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 19, 2021
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Losing internet connection intermittently only on laptop

Hi Lindamartin,

For us to know the reason why your laptop is losing internet connection intermittently and how to fix it, we would like to know more information:

• Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it will solve the issue:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Internet Connections.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

We suggest you to update the Network adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on Start button and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Expand the
    Network adapters driver from the list.

3. Right click on the driver and click on
    Update driver Software.

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Intermittent failure to start PC - Similar Threads - Intermittent failure start

2. Intermittent failure to open UDP socket

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent failure to open UDP socket: Summary of Problem:We have a Win 10 application hereafter, “the application/app” that communicates with an external embedded Linux system hereafter “the device” via Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi connection to the device is provided by an external AP – the PC is connected to that AP via a...
  3. Intermittent failure to open UDP socket

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent failure to open UDP socket: Summary of Problem:We have a Win 10 application hereafter, “the application/app” that communicates with an external embedded Linux system hereafter “the device” via Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi connection to the device is provided by an external AP – the PC is connected to that AP via a...
  4. Intermittent failure to open UDP socket

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Failure to start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failure to start: My Acer 3995 fails to load windows. There is just a blue screen with various options. No matter which option is selected, a fault is reported and subsequently shuts down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failure-to-start/72581575-8c1b-418e-886a-db09bb06cffa
  6. Failure to start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failure to start: My Acer 3995 fails to load windows. There is just a blue screen with various options. No matter which option is selected, a fault is reported and subsequently shuts down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failure-to-start/72581575-8c1b-418e-886a-db09bb06cffa
  7. Intermittent Connection Failure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intermittent Connection Failure: There is a website server that is getting intermittent connection failures. The log is showing just a 500 status. This is what the log shows me from time to time. /login.aspNULL200 /NULL302...
  8. Intermittent pin logon failures

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Intermittent pin logon failures: I am experiencing intermittent pin logon failures. It is random, sometimes logging me in and other times reporting pin is not available. I disabled the pin for now....
  9. Laptop Keyboard Intermittent Key Failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Keyboard Intermittent Key Failure: Hi, I just purchased an Alienware 17R3 running Windows 10. My BIOS, drivers and Alienware/Dell applications are up to date, thanks to my tech support phone call today. When I start my laptop, if it has been sitting more than 30 minutes, I have several keys fail to...
  10. Intermittent failure to run startup programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent failure to run startup programs: Apologies if this is posted elsewhere. but I haven't been able to find anything recent about it..... I'm running build 9926 and I find that, intermittently, no startup programs (i.e. programs registered under registry "Run" keys - both HKLM and HKCU - or in Start...