Windows 10: Intermittent Freeze at Blue Logo during Boot

Discus and support Intermittent Freeze at Blue Logo during Boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Within the last few weeks, my PC started having an issue where it intermittently hangs at the blue windows logo during boot. About 50% of the time, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jester4519, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Intermittent Freeze at Blue Logo during Boot

Within the last few weeks, my PC started having an issue where it intermittently hangs at the blue windows logo during boot. About 50% of the time, it boots normally without hanging. The other 50% is a mixed bag. Sometimes it will boot fine after 1 or 2 hard resets. Other times it takes a trip or two through the "Automatic Repair." Whenever it goes into automatic repair, I always get the "could not repair your PC" message. Once the computer finally boots into Windows, it works perfect. No errors or issues. It is rock solid.

To date, here is everything I have done:

1. Scanned HDD for errors using CHKDSK. No Problems detected
    2. Tested HDD with SeaTools. Passes with no issues
    3. Tested RAM with both Windows Memory Diagnostic & MEMTEST. No Issues
    4. Ensured that all device drivers are up to date.
    5. Updated to the latest BIOS revision for my MB
    6. Scanned for malware - nothing found
    7. Ran SFC \Scannow
    8. Ran Dism Restorehealth
    9. Disabled fast startup in Windows
    10. Disable AppXSvc in the registry

My PC was originally a Win7 machine but was upgraded to Win10 during the free upgrade period. It never had any of these issues until recently. Not sure if it could be related to a windows update or not. I haven't installed any new hardware recently. It is the same exact hardware from the day I built it.

I haven't tried re-installing Windows yet. I don't want to go through all of that work unless I am confident it will solve the problem. Any suggestions on what else to try?

:)

jester4519, Oct 25, 2018

2. Windows boot logo,

Hi

Tried with suggested steps but not succeed,

still can see HP boot logo

Please suggest

AmardeepBhingardeve, Oct 25, 2018
  3. Installation Hangs at Blue Windows Logo, Error Code C1900101-20017

The BIOS update suggestion posted above by @Jegler helped me, @guhanath. I was on version 1.10 and updated to 1.90. The steps I took after that were just doing the official Windows 10 upgrade procedure.

Then the Windows 10 installation went without a hitch, and I'm no longer on Windows 7. I'm going to consider this solved, thank you @Jelger for the suggestion to update the BIOS!

KingDecimator, Oct 25, 2018
  4. Intermittent Freeze at Blue Logo during Boot

Freezes at Blue Windows logo (no dots)

I've got what appears to be a common problem where my computer occasionally freezes at the blue windows logo upon startup, without any spinning dots. If I power down and reboot it loads fine. I've turned off the fast startup, and unplugged any external USB
    drives that would have a backup, which seem to be the two most common suggestions.

Let me know if you need any specific information regarding my PC. Thanks.

dburton1870, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

Intermittent Freeze at Blue Logo during Boot

1. Intermittent Freeze at Blue Logo during Boot - Similar Threads - Intermittent Freeze Blue

2. Computer freezes during boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer freezes during boot: My computer freezes during boot from any boot device. I have created new media on USB and changed the boot settings to legacy. I opened laptop and tried to make sure all connections are property seated. All hardware diagnostics show clean. Any ideas?...
  3. Computer freezes during boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes during boot: My computer freezes during boot from any boot device. I have created new media on USB and changed the boot settings to legacy. I opened laptop and tried to make sure all connections are property seated. All hardware diagnostics show clean. Any ideas?...
  4. Computer freezes during boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OEM logo disappeared during boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OEM logo disappeared during boot: I recently moved from mbr bios to gpt uefi windows 10, and the first thing that i noticed is, when i turn on my pc, after the bios post is finished displaying and moving to windows boot, the oem logo is gone instead of staying with the spinning dot or showing the windows...
  6. No Windows logo during boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Windows logo during boot.: I have recently bought a Windows 10 pro machine and during the first it was fine but after the 21H1 update during the boot the Windows logo is not showing. The machine is working perfectly fine and the logo of the BIOS is also showing up, but not the Windows logo. Please help...
  7. Intermittent Blue Screens & System Freezes

Intermittent Blue Screens & System Freezes: Hi, This is a long on going issue, I'm getting intermittent blue screens & system freezes. What I experience is what you might call a Freeze Crash then a blue screen appears after. I built a new PC and the issue has been going on for nearly a year now. The issue still...
  8. Freezing during boot sequence

Freezing during boot sequence: Hi! I have been getting crashes and unable to boot normally because during boot it shows artifacts and/or freezes. Sometimes I would get into the log-in screen but it artifacts and then crashes again. The analyzed the most recent dump file and it showed me four files that...
  9. Windows 10 boot intermittently freezing on Logo Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 boot intermittently freezing on Logo Screen: I have Windows 10 on three computers. Two work fine. The third has been giving me boot problems for as long as I have had it upgraded from Windows 8 (which worked perfectly). On around 50% of boots it will simply freeze at the Windows logo screen with no spinning dots. I...
  10. PC freezes at "Restarting" (on a blue screen) during re-boot

in Windows 10 Support
    PC freezes at "Restarting" (on a blue screen) during re-boot: Hello My Window 10 is getting stuck rebooting. It gets to the blue screen that says "Restarting" and then freezes. Clue: Windows has just tried to install a "Cumulative update" and claimed to have completed it successfully. - Any thoughts? J EDIT: I have attached...