Windows 10: Intermittent Freeze at Blue Logo during Boot

Discus and support Intermittent Freeze at Blue Logo during Boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Within the last few weeks, my PC started having an issue where it intermittently hangs at the blue windows logo during boot. About 50% of the time, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jester4519, Oct 25, 2018.

1. jester4519 Win User

Intermittent Freeze at Blue Logo during Boot

Within the last few weeks, my PC started having an issue where it intermittently hangs at the blue windows logo during boot. About 50% of the time, it boots normally without hanging. The other 50% is a mixed bag. Sometimes it will boot fine after 1 or 2 hard resets. Other times it takes a trip or two through the "Automatic Repair." Whenever it goes into automatic repair, I always get the "could not repair your PC" message. Once the computer finally boots into Windows, it works perfect. No errors or issues. It is rock solid.

To date, here is everything I have done:

1. Scanned HDD for errors using CHKDSK. No Problems detected
    2. Tested HDD with SeaTools. Passes with no issues
    3. Tested RAM with both Windows Memory Diagnostic & MEMTEST. No Issues
    4. Ensured that all device drivers are up to date.
    5. Updated to the latest BIOS revision for my MB
    6. Scanned for malware - nothing found
    7. Ran SFC \Scannow
    8. Ran Dism Restorehealth
    9. Disabled fast startup in Windows
    10. Disable AppXSvc in the registry

My PC was originally a Win7 machine but was upgraded to Win10 during the free upgrade period. It never had any of these issues until recently. Not sure if it could be related to a windows update or not. I haven't installed any new hardware recently. It is the same exact hardware from the day I built it.

I haven't tried re-installing Windows yet. I don't want to go through all of that work unless I am confident it will solve the problem. Any suggestions on what else to try?

:)

jester4519, Oct 25, 2018
  2. AmardeepBhingardeve Win User

Windows boot logo,

Hi

Tried with suggested steps but not succeed,

still can see HP boot logo

Please suggest

AmardeepBhingardeve, Oct 25, 2018
  3. KingDecimator Win User
    Installation Hangs at Blue Windows Logo, Error Code C1900101-20017

The BIOS update suggestion posted above by @Jegler helped me, @guhanath. I was on version 1.10 and updated to 1.90. The steps I took after that were just doing the official Windows 10 upgrade procedure.

Then the Windows 10 installation went without a hitch, and I'm no longer on Windows 7. I'm going to consider this solved, thank you @Jelger for the suggestion to update the BIOS!

KingDecimator, Oct 25, 2018
  4. dburton1870 Win User

Freezes at Blue Windows logo (no dots)

I've got what appears to be a common problem where my computer occasionally freezes at the blue windows logo upon startup, without any spinning dots. If I power down and reboot it loads fine. I've turned off the fast startup, and unplugged any external USB
    drives that would have a backup, which seem to be the two most common suggestions.

Let me know if you need any specific information regarding my PC. Thanks.

dburton1870, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Intermittent Freeze at Blue Logo during Boot - Similar Threads - Intermittent Freeze Blue

2. Slow boot time on SSD during windows logo screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow boot time on SSD during windows logo screen: Hi! During the last months my windows boot time became to a ridiculous 12+ mins time. It´s my office computer, and I´m usually overloaded with work so can´t take care of it. I suspected that the problem began since I inserted a new SSD, but today I unplugged every drive (but...
  3. Change Boot Logo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Boot Logo: Is there currently any know way to change the windows 10 boot logo? I have searched around and found nothing. 24448
  4. Intermittent boot problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intermittent boot problems: Windows 10 Pro desktop. Runs fine when it boots. Will run for days with no problems, recovers fine from sleep. However, sometimes (not always) after being shut down for a day it will not boot. Hangs with blue windows icon and spinning dots. I have imaged the SSD and cloned...
  5. Windows 10 boot intermittently freezing on Logo Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 boot intermittently freezing on Logo Screen: I have Windows 10 on three computers. Two work fine. The third has been giving me boot problems for as long as I have had it upgraded from Windows 8 (which worked perfectly). On around 50% of boots it will simply freeze at the Windows logo screen with no spinning dots. I...
  6. Intermittent freeze on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent freeze on startup: I have had this issue since I bought the machine a year ago. It has occurred intermittently from the very first fresh install of Windows 10 (without connecting to the internet), so almost certain it's not due to malware but more likely a driver/hardware issue. 4/5 times...
  7. Freezing during boot + will not shut down. What is wrong?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Freezing during boot + will not shut down. What is wrong?: My free upgrade from 7 pro worked well for one month, but has become increasingly unstable. Firstly the boot up screen before sign-in virtually freezes - the circulating dots stutter and almost stop - I do not know if it eventually boots because I press Ctrl-Alt-Delete and...
  8. PC freezes at "Restarting" (on a blue screen) during re-boot

in Windows 10 Support
    PC freezes at "Restarting" (on a blue screen) during re-boot: Hello My Window 10 is getting stuck rebooting. It gets to the blue screen that says "Restarting" and then freezes. Clue: Windows has just tried to install a "Cumulative update" and claimed to have completed it successfully. - Any thoughts? J EDIT: I have attached...
  9. Window hangs at dell logo during boot in. have to press a key to login

in Windows 10 Support
    Window hangs at dell logo during boot in. have to press a key to login: When i start the laptop it stops at the dell logo and does nothing till the time i dont press a key. After pressing a key it starts log in. Any solution to this? 28659
  10. Intermittent Slow Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent Slow Boot: Hi Hope someone can help I have this intermittent problem it happens about every third time I boot up I have a Asus Z97A motherboard, a Samsung 850 pro SSD C: drive, a WD 1 TB black D: drive and a WD 2 TB E: drive I just got done doing a reinstall. When it fails it stops...