Windows 10: Intermittent hard freezing/reboots with specific program

Discus and support Intermittent hard freezing/reboots with specific program in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey there! My computer is either hard freezing intermittently or rebooting specifically while playing Lord of the Rings Online. I factory reset my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Addario, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Addario Win User

Intermittent hard freezing/reboots with specific program

Hey there! My computer is either hard freezing intermittently or rebooting specifically while playing Lord of the Rings Online. I factory reset my computer with a clean install of windows 10 pro then reinstalled lotro. No go. I tried switching from the 64x beta lotro client to the 32x, Intermittent hard freezes where I can't use ctrl+alt+del, or sometimes it just reboots. Including link to my admin event viewer report, and directx information readout.

https://www.filehosting.org/

https://www.filehosting.org/

:)

Addario, Mar 7, 2020

2. reboot/freeze problem

my computer runs fine for about 20-30 minutes and then reboots/freezes(sometime it reboots, sometimes it freezes)
    i have an evga 680i A1 board, 4x1gig xms2 dhx, q6600, 2x8800ultra's, 2x150gb raptors, pci-e wireless n card.

i have tried running the computer at stock speeds and voltages and have the same problem, so it's not an overclock issue.

it seems to be a software problem. but where do i start? the computer run @3.6ghz can run all night(9hours) orthos stable, but when im using it, it locks up every 20-30 minutes.

any suggestions?

Fitseries3, Mar 7, 2020
  3. Intermittant Windows 10 freezing or rebooting

Hi everyone,

I just purchased a new video card (GeForce GTX 1070) to run VR and I wanted a clean system to work with.

I took the following steps:

1. Updated the motherboard bios to the latest level.

2. Installed a brand new hdd.

3. Installed Windows 7 Pro 64bit from DVD.

4. Updated until it asked me to install Windows 10.

5. Upgraded to Windows 10.

6. Installed the new drivers from the GeForce website.

Since then I have been experiencing intermittent freezing or rebooting with no BSD. It does not seem related to cpu or gpu load. I was able to use the Vive headset for several hours with no trouble, but had the system freeze with no intensive tasks running.

I've include the files Gerry always seems to ask for Intermittent hard freezing/reboots with specific program :)

Shared items 7-5-2016

I'm just looking for some help determining where I should be looking next for the issue.

Thanks,

Chris

Javelin_CJR, Mar 7, 2020
  4. Intermittent hard freezing/reboots with specific program

Windows freezes on the revolving circle upon reboot

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• What happens if you do not restart when the blue circle freezes?
    • Does the freeze happen only during reboot?

For now, I suggest that you place your computer in Safe Mode and reboot your computer and check if you still experience the freeze. To log into Safe Mode refer to the article provided in the link below

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

If you get the same symptoms in this mode as well, then I suggest that you check if you hard drive has any errors. To do so follow the steps below

1. Open This PC and then navigate to c: drive.

2. Right click on the drive and select Properties.

3. Then click on the Tools tab and under Error Checking
    click on Check.

Hope this helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

Intermittent hard freezing/reboots with specific program

1. Intermittent hard freezing/reboots with specific program - Similar Threads - Intermittent hard freezing

2. windows keeps freezing requiring hard reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows keeps freezing requiring hard reboot: I've been using Windows since the early 90s so I am not a total n00b but right now I am stumped at the basic 'I think my PC is going to die soon' level. Maybe someone here can tell me if there is something I can do a hardware part to replace or some soft fix to run before I...
  3. windows keeps freezing requiring hard reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows keeps freezing requiring hard reboot: I've been using Windows since the early 90s so I am not a total n00b but right now I am stumped at the basic 'I think my PC is going to die soon' level. Maybe someone here can tell me if there is something I can do a hardware part to replace or some soft fix to run before I...
  4. windows keeps freezing requiring hard reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. intermittent freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    intermittent freezing: Because my computer had become very slow I recently performed a complete re-install of Windows, Office 365 and Photoshop. I deleted unwanted data files and performed defrag. No other software was installed. This seemed to work initially. However, over about a week problems...
  6. intermittent freezing

intermittent freezing: Because my computer had become very slow I recently performed a complete re-install of Windows, Office 365 and Photoshop. I deleted unwanted data files and performed defrag. No other software was installed. This seemed to work initially. However, over about a week problems...
  7. intermittent freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Computer intermittently freezes

Computer intermittently freezes: Computer intermittently freezes and I have to shut it down completely by removing power from the computer. Unable to access task manager, the mouse cursor is non functional, and the power button does not do anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you....
  9. Hard freezing hard reboot required

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard freezing hard reboot required: Hi there, I recently upgraded my PC to: i7-8700k MSI Tomahawk G.Skill Trident 2x8GB 3200 Ever since I did the upgrade and fresh installed Windows 10 to my SSD, I've been having quite a few problems with this build, My computer sometimes maybe once a day hard freezes to the...
  10. Intermittent freeze on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent freeze on startup: I have had this issue since I bought the machine a year ago. It has occurred intermittently from the very first fresh install of Windows 10 (without connecting to the internet), so almost certain it's not due to malware but more likely a driver/hardware issue. 4/5 times...