Windows 10: Intermittent Internal Power Error on Sleep

Discus and support Intermittent Internal Power Error on Sleep in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For the past few months I've been trying to diagnose the cause of a BSOD that happens intermittently when I'm trying to put my desktop computer to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by vivalapoof, May 4, 2021.

1. Intermittent Internal Power Error on Sleep

For the past few months I've been trying to diagnose the cause of a BSOD that happens intermittently when I'm trying to put my desktop computer to sleep. I've collected the log files as instructed on the forum, attached them to this post as well as posted them here: DESKTOP-EMUL0S3-(2021-04-23_06-48-48).zip - Google Drive About half the time the computer goes to sleep, either when I initiate it or if it just starts from a timer, it will start the process. Then sometime after the screen turns off it will hang for about 10-15 minutes while it does a memory dump, then restart. The frustrating thing is that it isn't consistent. Sometimes the computer will sleep just fine, but other times it will have this problem. The BSOD is called by the NT Kernal with an "Internal Power Error" and always happens because the computer fails to go to sleep in a timely fashion. This has been the only type of BSOD I've had in months and the computer runs flawlessly when it's in use. I don't know what is causing it as no other drivers are called out by WinDB or BlueScreenViewer at the time of the crash. Someone on the Microsoft forums has been very kind in trying to help me diagnose the cause of the problem, but I thought I'd post something over here to see if anyone else has any ideas of what to try. These are the actions that I've tried so far: 1) Updated all the drivers that I can find (MB, system chipsets, video card, peripherals, etc.) 2) Updated firmware for all SSD disk drives 3) Updated BIOS to non-beta version 4) Ran a memory test which came out clean 5) Ran "sfc /scannow", no errors found 6) Disabled fast startup 7) Disabled hybrid sleep 8) Enlarged size of the hibernation file to 100% 9) Tried using one of the LAN ports on the motherboard while disabling the other 10) Uninstalled Macrium Reflect 11) Replaced a dead RAM stick 12) Run power troubleshooter which "fixed" a few issues 13) I have an older Wacom tablet where the only driver for it for Windows 10 that still functions is several years old, however powering it down or disconnecting it before sleep didn't stop the BSOD This is boggling my mind as I'm running out of things to try. If anyone has any ideas of what else to try (or try again), I'd appreciate it. Thanks again in advance! Windows 10 v20H2 (OS Build 19042.928) Intel i9-7900X, 64GB RAM

:)

vivalapoof, May 4, 2021

2. Intermittent Internal Power Error on Sleep

For the past few months I've been trying to diagnose the cause of a BSOD that happens intermittently when I'm trying to put my desktop computer to sleep. I've collected the log files as instructed on the forum, attached them to this post as well as posted them here:

DESKTOP-EMUL0S3-(2021-04-23_06-48-48).zip - Google Drive

About half the time the computer goes to sleep, either when I initiate it or if it just starts from a timer, it will start the process. Then sometime after the screen turns off it will hang for about 10-15 minutes while it does a memory dump, then restart. The frustrating thing is that it isn't consistent. Sometimes the computer will sleep just fine, but other times it will have this problem. The BSOD is called by the NT Kernal with an "Internal Power Error" and always happens because the computer fails to go to sleep in a timely fashion. This has been the only type of BSOD I've had in months and the computer runs flawlessly when it's in use. I don't know what is causing it as no other drivers are called out by WinDB or BlueScreenViewer at the time of the crash.

Someone on the Microsoft forums has been very kind in trying to help me diagnose the cause of the problem, but I thought I'd post something over here to see if anyone else has any ideas of what to try. These are the actions that I've tried so far:

1) Updated all the drivers that I can find (MB, system chipsets, video card, peripherals, etc.)
    2) Updated firmware for all SSD disk drives
    3) Updated BIOS to non-beta version
    4) Ran a memory test which came out clean
    5) Ran "sfc /scannow", no errors found
    6) Disabled fast startup
    7) Disabled hybrid sleep
    8) Enlarged size of the hibernation file to 100%
    9) Tried using one of the LAN ports on the motherboard while disabling the other
    10) Uninstalled Macrium Reflect
    11) Replaced a dead RAM stick
    12) Run power troubleshooter which "fixed" a few issues
    13) I have an older Wacom tablet where the only driver for it for Windows 10 that still functions is several years old, however powering it down or disconnecting it before sleep didn't stop the BSOD

This is boggling my mind as I'm running out of things to try. If anyone has any ideas of what else to try (or try again), I'd appreciate it. Thanks again in advance!

Windows 10 v20H2 (OS Build 19042.928)
    Intel i9-7900X, 64GB RAM

vivalapoof, May 4, 2021
  3. mikeyon1 Win User
    Internal Power Error

When I turn my computer on after it going to sleep it comes up with internal power error. The computer is only 3 months old.

mikeyon1, May 4, 2021
  4. Intermittent Internal Power Error on Sleep

internal power error

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I would suggest you to follow the method given below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run the power troubleshooter and restart the system to check if that helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter

If the issues persist I would suggest you to follow the second method.

Method 2: Create a new power plan.

• Go to search box.

• Type power option in search box.

• Tap or click Create a power plan and follow the instructions.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Rajeshwari_Patil, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Intermittent Internal Power Error on Sleep

1. Intermittent Internal Power Error on Sleep - Similar Threads - Intermittent Internal Power

2. Internal Power Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal Power Error: I recently have a batch of laptops having the Internal Power Error. How can it be resolved? and what have Microsoft find out the issue that cause the BSOD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-power-error/3e9de819-c697-4ac5-aad4-cfda233c5927
  3. Internal Power Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal Power Error: I recently have a batch of laptops having the Internal Power Error. How can it be resolved? and what have Microsoft find out the issue that cause the BSOD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-power-error/3e9de819-c697-4ac5-aad4-cfda233c5927
  4. Internal Power Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. win11 internal power error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win11 internal power error: win11 internal power error3200AIDE6410bug:12400fb660m1050ti3200 8*2512500g128ssd400wwin11388.71 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win11%E9%BB%91%E5%B1%8F%E7%BB%88%E6%AD%A2%E4%BB%A3/f6ee8c3d-4074-486f-84c1-c0b8d9713a9b
  6. Windows 10 - Internal Power Error on computer sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - Internal Power Error on computer sleep: For the past few months I've been experiencing an Internal Power Error when trying to put my computer to sleep. This has happened intermittently for the past few months and isn't always consistent. Sometimes the computer will sleep just fine, other times it will shut off...
  7. Internal Power Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internal Power Error: I keep getting a blue screen when using the computer. On the blue screen I see the following message "For more information about this issue and possible fix, visit https://windows.com/stopcode. If you call a support person, give them this info: Stop code: INTERNAL POWER...
  8. Internal power error

Internal power error: Hi. My pc crashes randomly and sometimes they are BSOD and most are related to my video card but i am not sure its just what i found on searching each of them. Internal power error was the last one i also had VIDEO TDR FAILURE Its a fresh windows install and previously on the...
  9. Internal Power Error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Internal Power Error: When I turn my computer on after it going to sleep it comes up with internal power error. The computer is only 3 months old. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-power-error/df00b1b7-dec7-457d-8527-b17af959ce50
  10. Internal power error after waking from sleeping

Internal power error after waking from sleeping: My computer experienced crashing after reawaking. This happens after I update the system to latest 1809. I have updated the drivers I know to the newest one. Can any one help me?...