Windows 10: Intermittent Internet Access when using my wired connection

Discus and support Intermittent Internet Access when using my wired connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Acer AIO Model # CP24-960. When I'm connected to my Lan it's has no access to many web sites. If I unplug the Lan cord it's goes to my WIFI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mellaby, Oct 30, 2020.

1. mellaby Win User

Intermittent Internet Access when using my wired connection

I have a Acer AIO Model # CP24-960. When I'm connected to my Lan it's has no access to many web sites. If I unplug the Lan cord it's goes to my WIFI and the site comes in fine. I've done the usual, updated Lan card, uninstalled Lan and finally Reinstalled the Win 10 O/S. When the install progressed it could not see the internet with the Lan connected. As soon as I unplugged the Lan the O/S install completed. I'm thinking my Lan port on the motherboard is gone. Any other suggestions would help.

:)

mellaby, Oct 30, 2020
  2. Callender Win User

Teacher with No/Intermittent Internet Access

My suggestions:

Hard reset router (reset button may be hiiden inside a pinhole)

Change DNS:

Change IPv4 and IPv6 DNS Server Address in Windows

Use one from the list "Item 7. To Use Custom or Third-party DNS Server Address"

Run WifiInfoView and change router channel if nearby routers are detected on nearby channels.

Intermittent Internet Access when using my wired connection [​IMG]

Run Wireless Wizard and update network profiles then "Test & Fix"

Links:

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_i...tion_view.html

Download Wireless Wizard 7.0

Callender, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Losing internet connection intermittently only on laptop

Hi Lindamartin,

For us to know the reason why your laptop is losing internet connection intermittently and how to fix it, we would like to know more information:

• Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it will solve the issue:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Internet Connections.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

We suggest you to update the Network adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on Start button and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Expand the
    Network adapters driver from the list.

3. Right click on the driver and click on
    Update driver Software.

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Oct 30, 2020
  4. pforan Win User

Teacher with No/Intermittent Internet Access

Oh I think you're on to something. I did just install a VPN recently, just to try it out, just before issues began. However I am no longer using it. It actually worked fine while I was trying out for a day or so. It's not been running while I'm having these issues.

Elitebook 850.

Here are the Network settings using regular WIFI connection (does not work)

And here are settings connected to same router through phone hotspot (does work):

pforan, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Intermittent Internet Access when using my wired connection - Similar Threads - Intermittent Internet Access

2. wired Internet connects successfully, but it can's use the Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wired Internet connects successfully, but it can's use the Internet: wired Internet connects successfully, but it can't use the Internet.WiFi is able to use the Internet.I have tried the modify ipv4 to get the relative code automatically, reboot the modem with router and reset the Internet. Unfortunately, all approaches failed....
  3. wired Internet connects successfully, but it can's use the Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wired Internet connects successfully, but it can's use the Internet: wired Internet connects successfully, but it can't use the Internet.WiFi is able to use the Internet.I have tried the modify ipv4 to get the relative code automatically, reboot the modem with router and reset the Internet. Unfortunately, all approaches failed....
  4. diagnose intermittent internet connection problems, actually there is internet access...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    diagnose intermittent internet connection problems, actually there is internet access...: Hello everyone, I'm head of IT in my company and we have some strange problems with 3 PC in our network. In our network we have more than 20 PC, but only 3 PC have the same problem. During the day in intermittent way they can't connection with browser, mail or other...
  5. How to connect to internet using ethernet hard wired

How to connect to internet using ethernet hard wired: I just purchased a new computer and I need to connect it directly to my modem and not Wi-Fi. Which steps should I take to configure my network?...
  6. Intermittent non access to internet, depite connecting to WIFI.

Intermittent non access to internet, depite connecting to WIFI.: Hello, I have a small network with two laptops Windows 10, linked to Internet via WIFI let us call it SSID, a modem/router Fritzbox 7530 and a Printer linked through Ethernet cable to the modem/router. From time to time, the Wifi deconnects from the internet, at that point...
  7. Intermittent dropping internet connection

Intermittent dropping internet connection: I can use apps like Skype without any problem, but almost as soon as I open a browser--Edge, Chrome, Firefox--I lose internet connectivity. The computer settings say I'm connected to the internet but no page will load, saying that it's not reachable or its address is not...
  8. Teacher with No/Intermittent Internet Access

Teacher with No/Intermittent Internet Access: I could really use help with this situation. I am teaching from home and unable to connect reliably to home WIFI for online teaching. HP Elitebook with Windows 10 Enterprise Volume License from school. All other devices work perfectly on network (multiple laptops and...
  9. Intermittent connection to internet on laptop?

Intermittent connection to internet on laptop?: I have a laptop that has just had a clean install of Windows 10 1909, it connects to the internet via a router that runs on my desktop PC, the laptop runs wireless. I have 2 other laptops that are also wireless and work without a problem, but this laptop connects and runs for...
  10. Losing internet connection intermittently

Losing internet connection intermittently: For the past month or so, I've been losing my internet connection intermittently. This happens somewhat sporadically, but when it does the connection is interrupted for about 30 -45 seconds and then resumes, usually without my having to resort to Windows 10 troubleshooting....