Windows 10: Intermittent internet d/c - UNSOLVABLE

Discus and support Intermittent internet d/c - UNSOLVABLE in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have had the Aorus X5 gaming laptop for about 5 months now. I have never had a problem connecting to the internet, gaming, downloading, etc. It's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BraulieB, Jun 1, 2019.

1. BraulieB Win User

Intermittent internet d/c - UNSOLVABLE

I have had the Aorus X5 gaming laptop for about 5 months now. I have never had a problem connecting to the internet, gaming, downloading, etc. It's fast and reliable, one of the best computers I have ever had. Up until recently. I have had multiple issues with my internet connection and I have done everything I can to fix it, but nothing has worked. Some background:

Every few minutes, my wireless signal drops from 3 bars to zero, and I am unable to connect to the internet. Under Network Connections, when the signal drops, it says "Identifying...", then it resolves itself after a few seconds. When I run the troubleshooter, I have had the following errors (I get a different error almost every time):

- A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken (detected);

- Problem with wireless adapter or access point (fixed and the most common error);

- Your broadband modem is experiencing connectivity issues;

- The connection between your access point, router, or cable modem and the Internet is broken (detected);

- The default gateway is not available (fixed).

Under "Status" I have 2-3 bars and it says "you are connected to the internet", and under "Wi-Fi" I have 1 bar despite it saying "connected, secure".

I have extensively gone through the 'Fix Network Connection Issues in Windows' on the Microsoft website. I have done every single step: reset the modem, disable/enable firewalls, un- and reinstalling network devices and adapter drivers, etc. Windows is up to date, the most recent drivers are installed, etc. but still I cannot stay connected to the internet for more than 5 minutes. Interestingly, I have this problem for 1-2 weeks, and then the issue spontaneously resolves for a couple weeks.

This computer is the only one in the house that is having connection problems. My old Mac works without a problem, my cell phone connects fine, and the other 2 laptops don't have a problem either. I do not think it is related to my router because I cannot stay connected to other networks either. How is this possible? If troubleshooter is able to "fix" some of the errors it encounters, then why do the errors continue? It has been unbearably frustrating and I'm tempted to return to Mac at this point. I am 90% convinced that this issue is unsolvable.

Any suggestions?

:)

BraulieB, Jun 1, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Losing internet connection intermittently only on laptop

Hi Lindamartin,

For us to know the reason why your laptop is losing internet connection intermittently and how to fix it, we would like to know more information:

• Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it will solve the issue:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Internet Connections.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

We suggest you to update the Network adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on Start button and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Expand the
    Network adapters driver from the list.

3. Right click on the driver and click on
    Update driver Software.

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Jun 1, 2019
  3. Naveen_M Win User
    Intermittent internet connection issues

Hello Trevor,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

There are some reasons that causes this error connection reset. Let’s try to identify the root cause and apply the appropriate solution to fix this.

I suggest you to run the network troubleshooter first, and check if the issue persists. To run the troubleshooter, follow the below steps:

1. Press ‘Windows + X’ key.
    2. Select ‘Control panel’
    3. In the search box, type ‘Troubleshooter’ and then click ‘Troubleshooting’
    4. Under ‘Network and Internet’ click on ‘Network adapter’ and click on ‘Next’ button.

Try to update the network adapter and check if the issue persists.

1. Press ‘Windows + X’ key.
    2. Expand the network and adapter’
    3. Right click on the device, and select ‘Update driver software’
    4. Restart the computer and check.
    5. You can also check for updates from the system manufacturer site.

Check proxy settings by doing the below steps:

1. Go to Control panel – Internet options.
    2. Click on ‘Connections’ tab.
    3. Click on ‘LAN settings’
    4. Uncheck ‘Use a Proxy server for your LAN’ check box, and click ‘Ok’

I also suggest you to reset IP Address by following the below steps.

1. Press Windows key, and type ‘Command prompt’
    2. Right click on it and select ‘Run as administrator’
    3. Type the following command without quotes, and press enter: ‘netsh winsock reset catalog’
    4. Restart the system once and check if the issue persists.

Try to disable Kaspersky firewall and check if that helps

1. Open the Kaspersky Internet Security program.
    2. Click the ‘Settings’ button.
    3. Click the ‘Firewall component’ option under Protection Center.
    4. Select the ‘Enable Firewall’ option to remove the check mark.

Hope it helps. Please reach back if the issue persists.

Thanks and regards

Naveen M

Naveen_M, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Intermittent internet d/c - UNSOLVABLE

Windows 10 and internet connection

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Since you are able to connect to the internet wirelessly it is just the wires connection which has issues.

It could be either wire which has problems or Ethernet port.

Before you change either of these I suggest you to try the following steps:

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

a. In search Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the search box and hit Enter.

c. Select “View all” option from the left panel.

d. Select “Internet Connections” from the list and follow On-screen instructions.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

Intermittent internet d/c - UNSOLVABLE

1. Intermittent internet d/c - UNSOLVABLE - Similar Threads - Intermittent internet UNSOLVABLE

2. intermittent internet disconnections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    intermittent internet disconnections: ive been having random internet disconnections for a while on my personal machine, ive tried restarting router and even reinstalling windows event viewer id 4042"suspect dns probe failed""active http probe failed"both occur randomly and i cant find any solutions online...
  3. intermittent internet disconnections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    intermittent internet disconnections: ive been having random internet disconnections for a while on my personal machine, ive tried restarting router and even reinstalling windows event viewer id 4042"suspect dns probe failed""active http probe failed"both occur randomly and i cant find any solutions online...
  4. intermittent internet disconnections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Changing C:/ to D:/

Changing C:/ to D:/: Hi I have a computer that has a C drive and a D drive. My C drive is much smaller than my D drive and is nearly full. Therefore I want to change the default location of programs, documents, images, downloads etc to D drive. how do I do this? see attached...
  6. C: to D:

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C: to D:: My computer is starting to lag - it's a year old i5 7th gen. - can't figure out why. C: is filling up and I want to move things to D: which 930GB free space. BUt when I try I get an error. ????????????? [ATTACH]...
  7. Intermittent internet

Intermittent internet: Recently, when using my Windows 10 laptop, I either get no internet connection or lose it after 30 minutes and cannot get it back until later (seemingly by potluck). The laptop which uses Windows 7 never has this problem so it is not the router at fault and the Windows 10...
  8. Intermittent internet

Intermittent internet: Recently I got a new external modem. Soon after it was installed and activated, I began experiencing issues with the internet going out for a few seconds at a time. When it comes back up, I'm still on my original page, but it is annoying, and happens often. I called my...
  9. intermittant internet

intermittant internet: Recently I got a new external modem. Soon after it was installed and activated, I began experiencing issues with the internet going out for a few seconds at a time. When it comes back up, I'm still on my original page, but it is annoying, and happens often. I called my...
  10. intermittant internet

in Windows 10 Support
    intermittant internet: Recently I got a new external modem. Soon after it was installed and activated, I began experiencing issues with the internet going out for a few seconds at a time. When it comes back up, I'm still on my original page, but it is annoying, and happens often. I called my...