Windows 10: Intermittent internet

Discus and support Intermittent internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently I got a new external modem. Soon after it was installed and activated, I began experiencing issues with the internet going out for a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Amadeus51, May 24, 2019.

1. Amadeus51 Win User

Intermittent internet

Recently I got a new external modem. Soon after it was installed and activated, I began experiencing issues with the internet going out for a few seconds at a time. When it comes back up, I'm still on my original page, but it is annoying, and happens often. I called my service provider, who ran tests to make sure the modem and outside line it is plugged into are working. What I need to know is what in the computer I need to check.

:)

Amadeus51, May 24, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Losing internet connection intermittently only on laptop

Hi Lindamartin,

For us to know the reason why your laptop is losing internet connection intermittently and how to fix it, we would like to know more information:

• Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it will solve the issue:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Internet Connections.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

We suggest you to update the Network adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on Start button and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Expand the
    Network adapters driver from the list.

3. Right click on the driver and click on
    Update driver Software.

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, May 24, 2019
  3. Naveen_M Win User
    Intermittent internet connection issues

Hello Trevor,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

There are some reasons that causes this error connection reset. Let’s try to identify the root cause and apply the appropriate solution to fix this.

I suggest you to run the network troubleshooter first, and check if the issue persists. To run the troubleshooter, follow the below steps:

1. Press ‘Windows + X’ key.
    2. Select ‘Control panel’
    3. In the search box, type ‘Troubleshooter’ and then click ‘Troubleshooting’
    4. Under ‘Network and Internet’ click on ‘Network adapter’ and click on ‘Next’ button.

Try to update the network adapter and check if the issue persists.

1. Press ‘Windows + X’ key.
    2. Expand the network and adapter’
    3. Right click on the device, and select ‘Update driver software’
    4. Restart the computer and check.
    5. You can also check for updates from the system manufacturer site.

Check proxy settings by doing the below steps:

1. Go to Control panel – Internet options.
    2. Click on ‘Connections’ tab.
    3. Click on ‘LAN settings’
    4. Uncheck ‘Use a Proxy server for your LAN’ check box, and click ‘Ok’

I also suggest you to reset IP Address by following the below steps.

1. Press Windows key, and type ‘Command prompt’
    2. Right click on it and select ‘Run as administrator’
    3. Type the following command without quotes, and press enter: ‘netsh winsock reset catalog’
    4. Restart the system once and check if the issue persists.

Try to disable Kaspersky firewall and check if that helps

1. Open the Kaspersky Internet Security program.
    2. Click the ‘Settings’ button.
    3. Click the ‘Firewall component’ option under Protection Center.
    4. Select the ‘Enable Firewall’ option to remove the check mark.

Hope it helps. Please reach back if the issue persists.

Thanks and regards

Naveen M

Naveen_M, May 24, 2019
  4. Intermittent internet

Intermittent internet connectivity reliability W10

Hi Sue,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to perform the below methods and check if it resolves the issue.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control
      panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install the latest Wi-Fi drivers from your computer manufacturer website and check if it resolves the issue.

I hope the issue will be resolved. If you have any further queries, Please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, May 24, 2019
Thema:

Intermittent internet

1. Intermittent internet - Similar Threads - Intermittent internet

2. intermittent internet disconnections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    intermittent internet disconnections: ive been having random internet disconnections for a while on my personal machine, ive tried restarting router and even reinstalling windows event viewer id 4042"suspect dns probe failed""active http probe failed"both occur randomly and i cant find any solutions online...
  3. intermittent internet disconnections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    intermittent internet disconnections: ive been having random internet disconnections for a while on my personal machine, ive tried restarting router and even reinstalling windows event viewer id 4042"suspect dns probe failed""active http probe failed"both occur randomly and i cant find any solutions online...
  4. intermittent internet disconnections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Intermittent internet issues on my PC.

Intermittent internet issues on my PC.: To attempt to keep this somewhat short and easy to read, here is my problem. I frequently have issues loading content, talking in voice chat on the discord app, and any other internet dependent activities. It's a very strange issue and it's hard for me to explain, but...
  6. Intermittent internet issues on my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent internet issues on my PC.: To attempt to keep this somewhat short and easy to read, here is my problem. I frequently have issues loading content, talking in voice chat on the discord app, and any other internet dependent activities. It's a very strange issue and it's hard for me to explain, but...
  7. Intermittent internet connection failure with ethernet cable connection

Intermittent internet connection failure with ethernet cable connection: My computer is connected by ethernet cable to my modem. About half the time I can connect to the internet, and half the time it will say there is no connection. This only fixes itself if I restart the computer, which always solves it. How can I get it to connect every time...
  8. Intermittent internet connection failure with ethernet cable connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent internet connection failure with ethernet cable connection: My computer is connected by ethernet cable to my modem. About half the time I can connect to the internet, and half the time it will say there is no connection. This only fixes itself if I restart the computer, which always solves it. How can I get it to connect every time...
  9. Intermittent internet connection failure with ethernet cable connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Ping Spikes, Intermittent Internet Speeds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping Spikes, Intermittent Internet Speeds: Hello,I am using Windows 11, 11th Gen Intel Core i5 *** Email address is removed for privacy *** GHz; 6 core 32GB Ram new build this year.My internet speeds often get ping spikes and latency issues, and will go from 200+MB down, decreasing to 40MB at ALL times throughout the...