Windows 10: intermittent issue when coming out of suspend or hibernate

Discus and support intermittent issue when coming out of suspend or hibernate in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There are times when bringing laptop out of suspend or hibernate the display has what looks like 16 bit video. I have to log out or restart the laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Windowsfree, Sep 6, 2019.

1. intermittent issue when coming out of suspend or hibernate

There are times when bringing laptop out of suspend or hibernate the display has what looks like 16 bit video. I have to log out or restart the laptop to get it back to proper display. This occurs randomly, time in suspend or hibernate does not seem to be an issue. This is Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Device Manage shows all drivers are up to date and best used.

Any suggestions?

:)

Windowsfree, Sep 6, 2019

2. Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

intermittent issue when coming out of suspend or hibernate

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

intermittent issue when coming out of suspend or hibernate

1. intermittent issue when coming out of suspend or hibernate - Similar Threads - intermittent issue coming

2. PC does not come out of hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC does not come out of hibernation: Hi everyone,I bought a new computer a few months ago and everything has been going well, but there's one peculiar issue:Windows automatically enters a sort of hibernation or sleep mode after about 5 minutes or after locking. When I return and try to wake it up, it doesn't...
  3. PC does not come out of hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC does not come out of hibernation: Hi everyone,I bought a new computer a few months ago and everything has been going well, but there's one peculiar issue:Windows automatically enters a sort of hibernation or sleep mode after about 5 minutes or after locking. When I return and try to wake it up, it doesn't...
  4. Logging suspended or hibernated mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Logging suspended or hibernated mode: Is there a way, on the Event Viewer , to see when a PC has entered automatically or manually Suspended Mode or Hibernated Mode ? and when it has come out of it ?Is there a way to check these events on the Event Viewer or another kind of log ?...
  5. Sound AFTER coming out of Hibernate Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound AFTER coming out of Hibernate Mode: I have an HP Envy Phoenix Desktop 860-180st-CTO running Windows 10 Pro that is giving me fits with the sound. When I start the PC from shut down mode, the sound works fine. I can go to my itunes and play music or whatever requires sound and it works fine. If I click for the...
  6. Windows 10 won't come out of hibernation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't come out of hibernation: I'm trying to get an HP Envy x360 with Windows 10 to boot up. (Not my machine and don't have a lot of details about it.) Here's the history: 1. Initially got stuck on the "Please Wait ..." screen. After a long time, it would go to the log-in screen. When I tried to log...
  7. My laptop wont come out of hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop wont come out of hibernation: I am running windows 10 pro 1809 on a lenovo thinkpad x1 carbon gen 6. A recent occurrence, I have noticed that the system fails to resume from hibernate state. I have tried a hibernate disable-enable cycle and it doesnt help. When I try to resume from hibernate, the laptop...
  8. Network Shares disconnected when coming out of hibernation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Shares disconnected when coming out of hibernation: After coming out of hibernation, all of my network share mappings are disconnected and I have to double-click on each of them to reconnect. This just started happening today. Has anyone else experienced this? 50635
  9. problem suspend and hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    problem suspend and hibernate: Hello everyone, I have problems with my pc with windows 10 is a few months that do not go suspend and hibernate. They operate at random, sometimes it works the suspension, other times hibernation, others neither. Hybrid sleep does not work! I have updated the driver of...
  10. Shutting down coming out of Hibernation???

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutting down coming out of Hibernation???: Hi All I have a weird problem that started about 3 months ago before that all was well, if I put my Windows 10 laptop into Hibernation when I try to bring it out it shuts down, it does start to try to open but it gets to the point where the black background with the blue...