Windows 10: Intermittent kernel_security_check_failure when using Win10 WiFi hotspot

Discus and support Intermittent kernel_security_check_failure when using Win10 WiFi hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What it says in the Subject line. I get a BSOD every so often using my Samsung Galaxy S8 phone to connect to my Win10 desktop's WiFi hotspot. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeffreyLundrigan, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Intermittent kernel_security_check_failure when using Win10 WiFi hotspot

What it says in the Subject line. I get a BSOD every so often using my Samsung Galaxy S8 phone to connect to my Win10 desktop's WiFi hotspot.

I've tried Win10's Memory Diagnostic, CHKDSK, and updating all relevant drivers. FWIW, this is a new desktop PC I put together last week, so the Win10 install is basically clean. The WiFi from the house router to my room is non-existent, so I've been using a wired LAN for my PC for years. My new motherboard has built-in WiFi, so I created a hotspot to use with my phone, but once in a while -- and the *only* time it seems to happen is when I'm using the Internet through the hotspot -- the PC crashes.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT

MB: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Edge WiFi

Win10 Pro 64-bit

Like I said, I tried all the usual fixes, but it's still happening. Help?

:)

JeffreyLundrigan, Dec 22, 2020

2. Wifi Hotspot Connectivity Problem.

After upgrading to Win10; my laptop (Sony Vaio VPCEB44EN) is not able to find mobile hotspot network in available wi-fi list. I tried so many times but sometimes its shows the hotspot network and connects but no internet access comes and most of the time
    I cant find hotspot network in wifi list.

Kartikisbest, Dec 22, 2020
  3. [mjc] Win User
    Windows 10, Mcafee Firewall, Ethernet Broadband, Dell XPS User trying to use Win10 Hotspot for Ipad and Iphone

Questions from Nathanial with my responses underlined:

We would like to ask some questions to know the best possible resolution.

• Have you tried changing the password of the Wifi hotspot and update the password on your phone?
      Per your question, I just completed this: Edited my wifi hotspot password to a different one, "forgot" that wifi hotspot on my iPhone, selected it again and used new password, the iPhone was given a secure connection
      (indicated by the locked lock icon) but again in red reads "No Internet Connection." Clicking IPhone info, the suggestion was to reboot my modem, which I did and then reboot my pc (because doing that 3 times fast in the 90s worked magic) but to no avail.

• Have you tried connecting different device on your Wifi hotspot and check if the issue persists?
      I have tried all the same steps mentioned above with my ipad as well...both, however, have the same ios. The ipad pro did not work either and had same result.

• Have you tried to connect your phone to different Wifi hotspot and check if the issue persists?
      Both ipad and iPhone have used wifi hotspots seamlessly around the world several times with no issues. I run my iPhone hotspot and my ipad pro connects to it as does dell/win10.

I am guessing here, but i think the closest i have come to a resolution was to tinker with my mcafee firewall to try and "allow" my iPhone ipaddress through but I followed steps and it did not work. Plus, that just
    sounds to superuserish to me. However, my windows defender firewall is off and mcafee firewall is on...to complete the scenario.

This is a fairly default setup I have along with thousands of other dell pc's sold with win 10 and mcafee. I am shocked how elusive this setup is.

michael

[mjc], Dec 22, 2020
  4. bro67 Win User

Intermittent kernel_security_check_failure when using Win10 WiFi hotspot

bro67, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

Intermittent kernel_security_check_failure when using Win10 WiFi hotspot

1. Intermittent kernel_security_check_failure when using Win10 WiFi hotspot - Similar Threads - Intermittent kernel_security_check_failure using

2. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD win10: I've been getting this error code for a while and i'm not sure what it means. here's what i got from windbg preview KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139A kernel component has corrupted a critical data structure. The corruptioncould potentially allow a malicious user to gain...
  3. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD win10: I've been getting this error code for a while and i'm not sure what it means. here's what i got from windbg preview KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139A kernel component has corrupted a critical data structure. The corruptioncould potentially allow a malicious user to gain...
  4. Can't use Wifi Hotspot?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't use Wifi Hotspot?: Whenever I set it up and make a device connect, it always says "failed to obtain IP Address." I have tried doing the "allow other networks to connect through this computer's internet connection" thing many times, all failing to solve the issue. The thing is that I have...
  5. Using Win10 as Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using Win10 as Mobile Hotspot: I'm working towards using my mobile phone for my home internet instead of DSL. But since I have limited data, I think my best option is to connect my phone to my 2-in-1 tablet as a mobile hotspot, then connect all of my other devices to my tablet as a second hotspot....
  6. Using both Hotspot and WiFi

Using both Hotspot and WiFi: Hey guys altough i just created my account i have been using ten forums for the past 3 years i love this page. This is the first time in my life i cant find an answer to something and i think its because its impossible. So here it is, i am stuck in a hotel with bad wifi and...
  7. Miracast while using the Win10 hotspot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Miracast while using the Win10 hotspot: I was trying to use Miracast (the Windows "connect" feature) on my laptop to connect to my desktop pc at home. It's working if I connect both PCs to my WiFi, however the WiFi quality in this room is not great. Since my desktop pc has an Intel AC9560 wireless adapter and a...
  8. win10 WiFi hotspot

win10 WiFi hotspot: IPV4 No network access rights https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-wifi-hotspot/589083b3-4577-4c84-be86-28c8cd52029b
  9. Problems with wifi hotspot win10

Problems with wifi hotspot win10: Hello! I tried to see if I could share wifi from my computer (Lenovo T440s, win10 ver 1803). But connected devices don't get out on the internet (android, get message: "connected, no internet"). What should I do to get them out running on the net? Cheers, Fredrik...
  10. kernel_security_check_failure (WIN10 x64)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    kernel_security_check_failure (WIN10 x64): HI, So I purchased a new pc about a month ago and it has been running great. The past week however I have gotten the occasional 'kernel_security_check_failure' bsod, probably about 5 in total, once per day (twice today). Normally these run either during or after I play...