Windows 10: Intermittent Mouse Issues

Discus and support Intermittent Mouse Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys, Having some issues with a wireless mouse running Windows 10, although I suspect maybe not the mouse at all. When I try to mouse over and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Captain-Clueless, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Intermittent Mouse Issues

Hi guys,

Having some issues with a wireless mouse running Windows 10, although I suspect maybe not the mouse at all.

When I try to mouse over and highlight text to copy and paste, it can take me a few attempts to get it to highlight. It might highlight some letters, miss half of what I am trying to grab. Some times I just have to right-click the mouse 5 or 5 times and then it will highlight a paragraph of the text.

I'm also noticing the issue in Corel with the way it is working. I give Corel a command, something simple like moving an image around the page but it will move it a little and then stop or only start to move it after countless attempts.

I thought it was a bug in Corel to start with but figuring it's connected with the other issues I am having with, what is seemingly the mouse ...... any ideas?

CC

:)

Captain-Clueless, Jul 5, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Mouse and keyboard intermittent - Windows 10.

Hi Gerard,

If you're having issues with your mouse and keyboard, we suggest trying the troubleshooting steps in this
    article. Let us know if performing the steps makes any difference.

Looking forward to your update.

Michelle Vil, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Intermittent Mouse Issues

mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Intermittent Mouse Issues

1. Intermittent Mouse Issues - Similar Threads - Intermittent Mouse Issues

2. Intermittently unresponsive keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittently unresponsive keyboard and mouse: This issue started only after updating to Windows 11 and has now affected the functionality of three different MS Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard/mouse combinations.The latest issue is with a replacement/replacement Microsoft Sculpt Ergo Desktop keyboard and USB receiver Device...
  3. USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues: Hello,I'm having a weird issue that I'm hoping someone else has seen before. I have 2 different USB-C docking stations with 2 monitors, a mouse, and keyboard plugged into them. Randomly, the mouse and keyboard will stop working for a very short time and then start working...
  4. USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues: Hello,I'm having a weird issue that I'm hoping someone else has seen before. I have 2 different USB-C docking stations with 2 monitors, a mouse, and keyboard plugged into them. Randomly, the mouse and keyboard will stop working for a very short time and then start working...
  5. USB-C Dock Intermittent USB Mouse and Keyboard Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Mouse intermittently freezes or is jumpy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse intermittently freezes or is jumpy: Hi I have windows 10 on hp z220. I have wireless mouse and keyboard. This has been working well for over a year. Last week the cursor froze or was jumpy. I replaced batteries in mouse and keyboard, no different. I did system restore and all was well. Yesterday the same thing...
  7. Mouse intermittently freezes or is jumpy

Mouse intermittently freezes or is jumpy: Hi I have windows 10 on hp z220. I have wireless mouse and keyboard. This has been working well for over a year. Last week the cursor froze or was jumpy. I replaced batteries in mouse and keyboard, no different. I did system restore and all was well. Yesterday the same thing...
  8. Mouse and Touchpad intermittently not responding

Mouse and Touchpad intermittently not responding: Hello,After powering my laptop from sleep mode, and even after a reboot, my mouse and touchpad do not respond to any clicks made. The only way I can control my open Apps in Windows is via the keyboard. Yet, my mouse and touchpad work because I can see the cursor moving around...
  9. Mouse works intermittently

Mouse works intermittently: On July 21 I posted a question about how to fix intermittent performance by the mouse. Andre for Directly replied with three possible solutions. I have been monitoring the results of the corrections since then. I have now deployed all three solutions, and the problem still...
  10. USB mouse works intermittently

USB mouse works intermittently: My usb mouse only works intermittently (disappears and reappears. When I go to device manager and highlight the mouse, the device manager list of devices goes through a cycle of reappearing and disappearing. How can I get the mouse to work without interruption? I have...