Windows 10: Intermittent Network Disconnections - Dell XPS 15 7590 - Killer AX1650 - Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Intermittent Network Disconnections - Dell XPS 15 7590 - Killer AX1650 - Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, I have been having intermittent network issues on my laptop for about a month and while I usually wouldn't post a question, I seem to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by scwchen, May 19, 2020.

1. scwchen Win User

Intermittent Network Disconnections - Dell XPS 15 7590 - Killer AX1650 - Windows 10 Home

Hello all,

I have been having intermittent network issues on my laptop for about a month and while I usually wouldn't post a question, I seem to have come to a dead end in terms of my technical support knowledge.

It is a bit of an interesting scenario, at least to me, so I hope someone is able to help or at least shed some light on what might be happening. I hope to cover everything I have tried and will do my best to be as detailed as I can but please bear with me if I do miss something.

Background:
    I purchased a Dell XPS 15 7590 in December 2019 and it was working well, no issues after a clean install of Windows 10 Home.

Current System:

Network card: Killer AX1650 network card

Modem/Router: Hitron CODA-4582

Dell BIOS: 1.6.0

Problem:

Around April 22, 2020. I started experiencing odd drops from the network wireless.

The network itself is still broadcasting correctly as my other devices ARE still connected.

Also, my laptop can still see my network in the available connections list but I just have been suddenly dropped.

When I try to reconnect I simply get a message stating 'Can't connect to this network' which unfortunately gives me no pertinent information.

No errors in my error log although warnings and informational messages but they are mostly just telling me what I already know

I have read a number of similar questions online but nothing exactly as I am describing.

**The odd thing I noticed was the times at which the disconnects occurred as they were at weirdly regular intervals. Not always at the same intervals but always at some denomination of 10 minutes 10, 20, 30, 40, 60, 70, etc.**

Perhaps this is a clue to something I am simply not understanding.

For example:

Network Disconnects: Note it is not usually this bad

May 18, 2020 from 6:00 pm - current around 10:50pm as I am starting to write this

6:19:19 PM

7:19:19 PM

7:29:22 PM

7:39:19 PM

7:49:21 PM

7:59:18 PM

8:09:09 PM

8:19:22 PM

8:29:08 PM

9:29:18 PM

9:39:18 PM

9:59:20 PM

10:09:12 PM

10:29:19 PM

This occurs on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands.

However, during these 'drops' I CAN connect to my phone hotspot.

Current solution:

Wait for 1-2 minutes and my laptop will simply reconnect. Not a big deal when just browsing the web but when gaming or during video calls, it makes it very difficult.

Things I have tried and other information:

- Reboot modem/router

- Set computer DNS

• Google, Cloudflare, OpenDNS

- Set static IP

- Reserve IP on router

- Enabled DFS channels on router

- Change wireless channels to reduce interference

- Checked DHCP lease expiry 1 week

- sfc /scannow

- dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

- Flush DNS

- TCP/IP Reset

- Disabled 'Allow power management to turn off' network adapter

- Changed MIMO Power Save Mode - No SMPS

- Changed 802.11n/ac/ax Wireless mode to AC instead of AX just to test

- Disabled IPv6

- Drivers:

• Uninstall network adapter and let Windows reinstall drivers
    • Reinstall older Killer drivers
    • Remove all Killer software Control Center etc.
    • Install drivers from Dell website
    • Rollback drivers to older drivers
    • Installed Intel AX200 drivers to see if that would work from my understanding, hardware-wise, the same card

- Clean reinstall Windows

- Rollback to version of Windows prior to issue

- Set laptop to never sleep only hibernate

- Temporarily disable firewall

- Connect via VPN

- Disable RSS, Autotuning, and Taskoffload

- Windows networking troubleshooters I include these although they are garbage but someone is going to reply asking me to run it, so alas here it is

Things I have considered but have tried to avoid for the time being:

I share internet with my landlords and it has never been an issue. The modem/router is right above me but has not moved.

- Connect via ethernet

• This is tricky because to properly test I would have to be connected for an extended period of time and in pandemic times I would rather not chance it too much. Plus I currently don't have a USB-ethernet dongle but it's not like that's much of a limiting factor.
    • Also I shouldn't have to, which is where my curiosity currently has me digging into.

- Factory reset modem/router

• Kind of don't want to do this since all the other devices are working fine and it would interfere with my landlords but this may just me my only option.
    • I just want to rule everything else out before I have to do it.

What I want to know:

Ultimately, I just want to know if anyone can help me shed some light on what the hell is going on.

If it is a router, network adapter, or straight up Windows issue. Once I can pinpoint that I can be on better footing.

Obviously I am happy to run further diagnostics and post more information or if anyone has an idea that I may have completely glossed over please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

:)

scwchen, May 19, 2020

2. AX1650 Wi-Fi card makes Wi-Fi router disconnect all users

My home Wi-Fi router keeps disconnecting all users including my laptop every 5-15 minutes. This only happens when my laptop is connected to Wi-Fi. My laptop is a Dell XPS 7590 with Killer AX1650 Wi-Fi running Windows 10 Home. I have another laptop with a Killer 1550 also running Windows 10 Home that does NOT do the same.

YoussefAly97, May 19, 2020
  3. cam25 Win User
    Dell XPS 15 9530 Windows 10 camera

I have a Dell XPS 15 9530 that was recommended to upgrade to Windows 10 which I did. It originally came with Windows 8.1. I have recently been trying to use the built in webcam which fails intermittently. It works then crashes and comes back... Using the
    camera app I get the intermittent error:

"We can't find your camera Check to be sure it's connected and installed properly, that it isn't being blocked by antivirus software, and that your camera drivers are up-to-date. If you need it, here's the error code: 0xA00F4244(0xC00D36D5)"

I get the same intermittent drop outs using Skype. I can't remember if the camera ever worked in Windows 8.1. I have updated all drivers to Win 10 including chipset and bios. There are no specific Dell camera drivers. I also tried disabling and removing
    Integrated camera from Device Manager.

Has anyone upgraded their XPS 15 9530 to Windows 10 and have the camera work correctly?

I purchased a Logitech C270 HD webcam, installed the Win 10 driver from Logitech and it has the same intermittent drop outs as the internal camera.

Is there some Windows 10 issues with Dell XPS 9530 and is there a fix?

cam25, May 19, 2020
  4. Intermittent Network Disconnections - Dell XPS 15 7590 - Killer AX1650 - Windows 10 Home

Dell xps 15 touch screen not working

Hi,

To better assist you, share the information.

- What is the model number of Dell xps 15?

I suggest you follow the below method.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the hardware and device troubleshooter
    to check and fix issues with hardware and devices.
    Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Method 2: Update the touchscreen drivers manually from the Device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

1.Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
    Device manager from the context menu.

2.Expand Human Interface Device option, right click on the touchscreen driver and select Update this software from the context menu.

3.Follow the on-screen instructions.

Also, I suggest to refer to the article on How to update drivers from the below article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/how-to-update-drivers

Do let us know the result.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Intermittent Network Disconnections - Dell XPS 15 7590 - Killer AX1650 - Windows 10 Home

1. Intermittent Network Disconnections - Dell XPS 15 7590 - Killer AX1650 - Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Intermittent Network Disconnections

2. Update error on Dell XPS 15 7590 - error code 0x800700a1 trying to Update Windows 10,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update error on Dell XPS 15 7590 - error code 0x800700a1 trying to Update Windows 10,...: I keep getting an update error when trying to install update Windows 10, version 21H2. The error code is 0x800700a1.And this keeps me from allwoing to update to Windows 11.Can anyone help me solve this issue?Kind regards, JensTechnical information:Microsoft Windows 10 Pro...
  3. Intermittent network disconnects Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent network disconnects Windows 10 Home: Hi everyone, I've had intermittent network issues on my PC for about a month, I've tried many things but it seems like I've hit a dead end in terms of my tech support knowledge. I would like to fix this problem once and for all....
  4. Intermittent network disconnects Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent network disconnects Windows 10 Home: Hi everyone, I've had intermittent network issues on my PC for about a month, I've tried many things but it seems like I've hit a dead end in terms of my tech support knowledge. I would like to fix this problem once and for all....
  5. Intermittent network disconnects Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Dell XPS 7590 integrated Webcam not working in windows.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS 7590 integrated Webcam not working in windows.: I can't get the webcam to work On XPS 7590 under windows. It doesn't show up in device manager nor in any webcam software/skype, but it is working perfectly fine in Ubuntu live USB. It can't be a hardware issue. My windows version is 20H2 (Build 19042.985). Any help in this...
  7. Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop microphone not working: Hi Community! I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a brand new Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop running Windows 10. The internal microphone doesn't work. Since I have to do all my work from home, I had to buy an external microphone and it works just fine. I've spent at least 30...
  8. Flight Simulator on Dell XPS 15 7590

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator on Dell XPS 15 7590: Hi, I have a Dell XPS 15 7590 with i9-9980HK, GeForce GTX 1650. Is this good enough to play MS Flight Sim 2020? Would I be able to get any real advantage by using an eGPU RTX 2080 Ti or is it better to upgrade to a gaming desktop? When the VR support is available with the...
  9. XPS 15 7590 Windows 10 Laptop will NOT turn on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    XPS 15 7590 Windows 10 Laptop will NOT turn on: About a week ago, I was on my XPS 15 Laptop and I had to do something real quick so I closed the cover. I went back to open my laptop 15 minutes later. However, when I did that, it looked like it had been turned off. It would not turn on when i pressed the power button for a...
  10. Intermittent but Regular Network Disconnections - Dell XPS 15 7590 - Killer AX1650 -...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intermittent but Regular Network Disconnections - Dell XPS 15 7590 - Killer AX1650 -...: Hello all, I have been having intermittent network issues on my laptop for about a month and while I usually wouldn't post a question, I seem to have come to a dead end in terms of my technical support knowledge. It is a bit of an interesting scenario, at least to me, so I...