Windows 10: Intermittent pin logon failures

Discus and support Intermittent pin logon failures in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am experiencing intermittent pin logon failures. It is random, sometimes logging me in and other times reporting pin is not available. I disabled... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by edspyhill01_844, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Intermittent pin logon failures

I am experiencing intermittent pin logon failures. It is random, sometimes logging me in and other times reporting pin is not available. I disabled the pin for now.

:)

edspyhill01_844, Apr 2, 2019

2. PIN is now being required to logon

Hi Kevin,

If you're having trouble using your PIN to sign into Windows, you can try resetting your PIN. Kindly check this
    link regarding PIN sign-in issues.

If that doesn't work. We suggest resetting your PC.

Warning: Following these steps will remove all of your data, programs, and settings

• Start your PC and select the Power icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the lock screen.

• While holding down the Shift key, select Restart.

• On the Boot options menu, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove everything.

• Your PC will restart and will reset itself.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Apr 2, 2019
  3. rparkster Win User
    PIN logon

Why can't I change the logon back to the password and not the PIN? How do I change the default for this? and why isnt this easy after the update?

rparkster, Apr 2, 2019
  4. JayPhi Win User

Intermittent pin logon failures

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

Intermittent pin logon failures

1. Intermittent pin logon failures - Similar Threads - Intermittent pin logon

2. using pin to logon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    using pin to logon: tried setting up a pin number to logon to computer, it gives me an error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-pin-to-logon/8e1963fd-cc7a-4df1-b6cb-b0137a983db6
  3. using pin to logon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    using pin to logon: tried setting up a pin number to logon to computer, it gives me an error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-pin-to-logon/8e1963fd-cc7a-4df1-b6cb-b0137a983db6
  4. Pin to logon on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin to logon on Windows: Hi,Does anyone know how to reset the Win 11 PIN if the "Forgot Pin" option does not appear on the screen when logging in?Is there a chance to reset the pin from another device or website?Thanks for help. Best Regards,...
  5. Pin to logon on Windows

Pin to logon on Windows: Hi,Does anyone know how to reset the Win 11 PIN if the "Forgot Pin" option does not appear on the screen when logging in?Is there a chance to reset the pin from another device or website?Thanks for help. Best Regards,...
  6. PIN for Logon forgotten

PIN for Logon forgotten: MS Folks,Have forgotten my Laptop logon PIN. I've made too many attempts to login and now I don't have an option for 'Forgot Password'. I go in a loop, inputting 'A1B2C3' to prove I am not a bot, and then when I fail to input the first attempt correctly I am told to reboot...
  7. PIN for Logon forgotten

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN for Logon forgotten: MS Folks,Have forgotten my Laptop logon PIN. I've made too many attempts to login and now I don't have an option for 'Forgot Password'. I go in a loop, inputting 'A1B2C3' to prove I am not a bot, and then when I fail to input the first attempt correctly I am told to reboot...
  8. PIN for Logon forgotten

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Intermittent Connection Failure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intermittent Connection Failure: There is a website server that is getting intermittent connection failures. The log is showing just a 500 status. This is what the log shows me from time to time. /login.aspNULL200 /NULL302...
  10. Windows logon network Failure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows logon network Failure: Hi Guys, hoping you can help me, since I upgraded to windows 10 I can no longer make contact with one of my networks, I get this message ........ Microsoft windows network logon failure, the user has not been granted the requested logon type on this computer I cannot find a...