Windows 10: Intermittent Plugged in, Discharging

Discus and support Intermittent Plugged in, Discharging in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi everyone, my HP laptop, when plugged in, it intermittently says "Plugged in, Discharging" on the battery icon. If I unplug it and reinsert the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AlbertoGhiotto, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Intermittent Plugged in, Discharging

Hi everyone,

my HP laptop, when plugged in, it intermittently says "Plugged in, Discharging" on the battery icon. If I unplug it and reinsert the cable it goes back to charging, or at least it keeps the battery at level. It does the above everyday from a couple months or so. It happens when doing everyday tasks, from simple folder browsing to the use of heavy software like matlab or similar.

So far I've bought a new power supply and I did everything said here https://windowsreport.com/laptop-battery-not-charging-windows-10/ except for solution 7.

I'm starting to think it could be an hardware problem. I'm going to install ubuntu in dual boot to try with it and see what happens.

In the meantime, what can I do?

I hosted the battery report here:

https://uncleanlyradio.htmlpasta.com/

:)

AlbertoGhiotto, Dec 12, 2019
  2. Jui-Chen Win User

Plugged in, Discharging

My ASUS laptop dosen't charge when plugged in. When I click on the battery icon, one of the signs says 'Plugged in, discharging. At school, I'm not able to use the laptop for a full 6 hours. What can I do?

Jui-Chen, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Battery discharging

My laptop is plugged into a docking station but the battery is discharging instead of charging. Any suggestions? Wondering if my docking station is needing to be replaced.

DebbieHarris3, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Intermittent Plugged in, Discharging

my battery shows, plugged in but discharging

my battery shows, plugged in but discharging

sureshumapathy, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Intermittent Plugged in, Discharging

1. Intermittent Plugged in, Discharging - Similar Threads - Intermittent Plugged Discharging

2. Battery icon discharge not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery icon discharge not showing: After the update my batter icon doesn't even provide me any correct information the battery charge won't go down. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-icon-discharge-not-showing/98dc9579-df2f-4324-8433-b1f50bad1f88
  3. Battery icon discharge not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery icon discharge not showing: After the update my batter icon doesn't even provide me any correct information the battery charge won't go down. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-icon-discharge-not-showing/98dc9579-df2f-4324-8433-b1f50bad1f88
  4. Battery Icon is not showing Discharge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Icon is not showing Discharge: After recent windows update my battery icon is not showing correct info! It's always showing 99%, doesn't go to 100% or less than 99%.Is there any solution for this? How to fix it?...
  5. the laptop when plugged in is not charging the battery, instead it's discharging itself...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the laptop when plugged in is not charging the battery, instead it's discharging itself...: it started doing that a month or so ago, and I'm thinking I may just need an new battery for the laptop. What could possibly be the issue with it not charging the battery while plugged in? And it will not turn on not unless again it's plugged in to power source. the battery...
  6. Battery Discharging

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery Discharging: So i was playing a game that i smelt light burning and after that my PC was in charge said low battery and then the screen went black. then I realize that the PC was turned off, and the battery icon was red low battery then i turned it on and started the windows. I checked...
  7. battery charge & discharge

in Windows 10 Customization
    battery charge & discharge: I recently bought two new batteries for my laptop, and the box for at least one says that to maximize performance, it must be charged for twelve hours, and then fully charged and discharged up to four times. Somehow, I successfully discharged it all the way to 0% once after...
  8. Battery discharging completely

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery discharging completely: Hi in the last 2 days/nights my Laptop battery has completely discharged overnight when in Sleep mode. From 100% to 0% in 7 hours. Laptop is Acer Swift 3. Maybe coincidence but this has only happened since latest Windows Update KB4512508 What to do ?...
  9. NuVision Solo 10 Draw plugged in, discharging

NuVision Solo 10 Draw plugged in, discharging: I have a NuVision Solo 10 Draw and when I put it on the charger, it'll say "Plugged in, discharging". I've tried looking up this problem, and I'm only seeing solutions saying that the device is discharging because the charger being used isn't the one that came with the...
  10. my battery shows, plugged in but discharging

my battery shows, plugged in but discharging: my battery shows, plugged in but discharging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/my-battery-shows-plugged-in-but-discharging/ff88a1b7-29d3-497e-8253-f43b277ca4ce